Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! (36250 Views)

15 Gorgeous 2017 Styles For Faux Locs Hairstyle, See Photos / Faux Locs,crochet Hair- We Make And Deliver / The Best Of Locs/dread Hairstyles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by OneUnilagGirl: 10:45am On Jun 18, 2015
I've got a new hair crush - faux locs! It's been around for about 4 years according to my research and it definitely won't be going away any time soon.
Here are some interesting facts about faux locs:

1. It can be permanent or temporary: the temporary form can last for about 3 months and is made of yarn or synthetic fibers while the permanent form is what it is - permanent. Human hair is wrapped around your natural hair or actual human hair locs are attached to your roots.

2. Colour: one main reasons why I personally love this loc in is because it gives you the flexibility to choose any colour hue without it looking 'skrepy'. You also don't have to worry about it clashing with your natural hair colour because your natural hair will literally be loc'd in.

3. Texture: for a temporary loc-in you have the choice between yarn which is lighter in weight and comes in various colours which are easy to get or synthetic fibres which are heavier and come in different textures.

4. Length: keep in mind that the longer the length, the heavier the load. Either way, the locs always look great!

What do you think? Is it a yayyy or a nay? I know it might seem a tad bit bold but remember, if it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.

Culled from www.lhurvedavies..in

1 Like

Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 10:56am On Jun 18, 2015
I prefer yarn faux locs
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by kalimera101: 4:40am On Jun 19, 2015
MzCorleone:
I prefer yarn faux locs

They are heavy
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2015
kalimera101:

They are heavy
yarn wraps are not as heavy as you think,synthetic fibers are heavier than wool.

1 Like

Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by kalimera101: 8:43am On Jun 19, 2015
MzCorleone:

yarn wraps are not as heavy as you think,synthetic fibers are heavier than wool.

Well, they were heavy on me, and pretty painful.
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 19, 2015
I will love to try it out when my hair grows back. smiley
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
kalimera101:

Well, they were heavy on me, and pretty painful.
Oh! Prolly your stylist made them too tight,you know its another way of threading.
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nneka123:
I will love to try it out when my hair grows back. smiley
You can try it on short hair,its like plaiting thread but with wool or synthetic fiber
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
MzCorleone:

You can try it on short hair,its like plaiting thread but with wool or synthetic fiber
Hmm okay, but my hair is really short, it can pull to plait just yet.
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by kalimera101: 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2015
MzCorleone:

Oh! Prolly your stylist made them too tight,you know its another way of threading.

Abi o.
But I loved the style
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nneka123:
Hmm okay, but my hair is really short, it can pull to plait just yet.
ok
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by phebe007: 9:16am On Aug 18, 2015
Please where can I buy the yarn and where can I get it done really well?,cos I'm at OAU Ile-Ife and I haven't seen it anywhere.
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 26, 2015
I want!!!!!!! cry cry

Abuja.
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by duduade: 9:54am On Aug 26, 2015
phebe007:
Please where can I buy the yarn and where can I get it done really well?,cos I'm at OAU Ile-Ife and I haven't seen it anywhere.
in lagos nko
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Anyone Sells yarn in lagos? Pls holla
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by nanalady(f): 5:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
Please...can anyone tell me the type synthetic hair to be used..i carried the picture around..and i was told i can use expression attachment to do the faux locs.. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by Destinygrl(f): 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
op any idea on how to take care of the hair while in faux locks don't want to experience any damage or setback tnz
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
nanalady:
Please...can anyone tell me the type synthetic hair to be used..i carried the picture around..and i was told i can use expression attachment to do the faux locs.. [color=#990000][/color]
hello,you can use the expression for the braiding but use kinky or Marley hair to wrap it.
Kinky hair for dreads is sold for 1500 a pack,dunno how much marley hair costs.
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
goldenruby:
Anyone Sells yarn in lagos? Pls holla
yarn is the same thing as baby wool used for knitting,just try nd get the original.
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
Destinygrl:
op any idea on how to take care of the hair while in faux locks don't want to experience any damage or setback tnz
you can spritz and wash,just the normal care you give ur braided hair
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
The first one is wool/yarn the second is synthetic fiber

1 Like

Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by nanalady(f): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
MzCorleone:

hello,you can use the expression for the braiding but use kinky or Marley hair to wrap it.
Kinky hair for dreads is sold for 1500 a pack,dunno how much marley hair costs.
thank you..very much..
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by MzCorleone(f): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
nanalady:
thank you..very much..
you re welcome
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by mrs2u(f): 3:31am On Nov 02, 2015
Holla NL, I am having crush for dreads recently, please advice which artificial dreads to do that will look natural, and where to get it done around ikoyi/obalende axis in lagos. Thanks peeps
Re: Hair Detail ➡ FAUX LOCS! by Culin(f): 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2017
This thread is really helpful. I want to do something similar to the one in the pic below.What fibre is that?

(1) (Reply)

Weavon For Balding Men (Pics) / Start A Perfume Oil Business With 20k Only / See What This Lady Said About Bleaching.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.