Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? (1017 Views)

Lagos BRT Drivers: We Can’t Drive On Empty Stomachs / Do You Need Personal Or Company Drivers / We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? by volterra(m): 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Every day of our lives we see people who engage in driving public vehicles to make livelihood. Politicians, government executives, top business men and individuals with financial strength employ the services of people to drive them.
Have you ever noticed that most of these people employed are males. What could be the reason why females are not employed to drive trucks, or drive top business men or engage in public transportation.
I think we have female drivers that are as good as male drivers, some even better, but in terms of employment in the public sector, we see little or no female drivers.
I am curious to know the possible reasons for this trend . Feel free to tell me any reason you can think of.
Re: Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? by pussygotlips: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
I won't even board that car,
Re: Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? by Yustash001(m): 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
Females...don't apply for the job.....
Re: Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? by CrazyMan(m): 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
Most companies specify their preferred gender (male) on the advert. So its almost impossible for a woman to apply.

Secondly, most companies, firms and even transportation companies are used to having male drivers. So its safe to conclude that they might frown at the idea of a woman coming on board.

But that doesn't mean that women don't get employed as professional drivers in Nigeria. Some months back, I saw a topic (on nairaland) about a female driver who drives one of dangote's trucks....so nothing is impossible. Just that a larger percentage of them (women) believe that professional driving is a man's job.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
We have the notion that driving is a man's job.
Re: Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? by Aspiregreat: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
No,female is not good for drive,it is the men that is fit for that kind job...that is why they not choose or want female, pls no feamale shd go do that kind job...haba!
Re: Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? by stepo707: 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
That's a ridiculous question.
Re: Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? by Brownhypo: 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
ask me again
Re: Why Don't We Have Professional Female Drivers As Many As Male Drivers? by rawtouch: 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Its a stereotype we have gotten ourselves accustomed to, if more women come out and excel in it then more doors will be opened for others

Been thinking of getting one

(1) (Reply)

His Exam And His Best Friend's Wedding Wich Should Be Of Priority / The Nigeria Police Recruitment Form For The 2016 Is Out. / How Is The Interview Process For Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Program?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.