Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! (2905 Views)

Cheap Lands For Sale In Iseyin Oyo State / Cheap Lands For Sale @ Seaside Estate AJAH Badore / Trying To Rent A Property In Lagos? Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by PearlStreet(m): 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sometime ago, I remember listening to someone wishing that she could bring land from her village to Lagos to build on due to the astronomical costs of genuine lands in Lagos. Well, no need to lament or wish, I have looked around Lagos and searched for different areas that genuine lands are available and affordable. This article is an exposé on available real estate opportunities which may be invested in by interested persons. However, I must warn that these are not in the heart of Lagos as they basically are on the outskirts of Lagos as well as border towns between Lagos and Ogun states. These places possess great economic prospects in the nearest future.

A relation of mine bought some acres of land at one of these areas of Ogun state for his farm project sometime in 2010. Back then, it was largely undeveloped as he bought it at the rate of Three Hundred Thousand Naira per Acre. Just recently, he informed me that he had gotten offers from interested purchasers to buy those same lands at 1 Million Naira per plot. Since an Acre consists of six plots, he would be selling at 6 Million Naira per Acre which amounts to about 2,000% profit.
Also, I have a client outside the country who bought an acre of land somewhere around MFM area in Ogun State for 600k in 2006. Today, land in that area sells for above 10M per plot.

I’m going to list certain areas of Lagos and Ogun State that land can still be bought for low prices presently, but hold great promise in the nearest future. The listing is done randomly, not in order of importance or prospects.

1. Badagry
An old slave-port with a new light rail system and Sea Port, Badagry has seen property prices skyrocket in the last few years. Also, with the expansion of the expressway and the new ferry system by the Lagos State Government in the works, land owners in that area are in for mega development. There are several areas of Badagry where land can still be bought for less than a Million Naira per plot. Prices of these lands are sure to multiply their present prices when the expressway is completed.

2. Agbara
An investor’s paradise, the Agbara Industrial Estate is located in Ogun State on the way to Badagry. The Agbara Industrial Estate is located here and houses many factories belonging to Unilever, Nestle, GSK, Beloxxi, P&G, etc. However, there is a huge boom in private residences in the non-industrial area of Agbara. The expansion of the Badagry express has also increased the prices of property in this area. However, the good news is that landsin certain areas of Agbara still sell for far less than a Million Naira per plot.

3. Atan/Igbesa Axis
This is the area after Canaanland road in Ota and it holds great economic promise. There is a road linking this area to Agbara and then to Lagos. Despite its distance from Lagos State, development has already reached this area and its surroundings due to its proximity to Lagos. Igbesa is home to Crawford University, and areas such as Atan, Lusada and Igbesa still have low-priced land sales. However, things are changing fast and smart buyers are already investing in this area.

4. Agbowa/Imota
Extremely profitable and of great prospects, this area houses the new Lagos State Housing Estate. Lots of private estates have bought vast lands in this area hoping to sell at increased prices and some are indeed already selling to subscribers. It is located at Ikorodu axis and it holds great prospects for investors.

As for Imota, a few years ago, no one knew whether Imota was a delicacy, a type of clothing or a place. However, since Caleb University was established there, all that changed. This is one of the potential hotspots in Lagos. It is located close to Epe but it is marketed as part of Ikorodu. Parcels of land here are still very much affordable and cost about half a Million Naira per plot.

5. Igbekodo/Siriwon Area
This is located along the Lekki-Epe Expressway. This area is one of the most promising areas of the places on this list due to the secure title it possesses (Lagos State Government Gazette) as well as the fact that it is located close to the 21-hole golf course and also the Lekki Freee Trade Zone. It presently sells for around a million naira per plot and it holds great economic prospects.

6. Ogijo
This is located on the road leading to Sagamu after Ikorodu. It is a boundary-town on the Ogun State side of Lagos and Ogun States, but lots of inhabitants of this area work in Lagos. It is very close to Ikorodu Industrial Area with many factories and firms located there. The area is also linked by road to Simawa by the new RCCG auditorium and hence to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The benefit in this area is that the newly-completed Ikorodu Expressway has made it easier for residents of this location to commute to and from their places of work.

7. Epe
Since the early 1990s when Maroko changed to Lekki, there has been an unending chain of development in this area. Presently, there is presently massive infrastructural development in the area due to the proposed International Airport, Lekki Free Trade Zone, proposed Dangote Refinery and others. As time goes on, this chain would also extend to Epe. Presently, there are affordable plots in some areas of Epe that sell for less than a Million Naira.

8. Simawa
Simawa was once a sleepy town but since RCCG announced their intention to build a mega auditorium there, the sleepy town ‘open eye sharply!’ Simawa is located behind the Redemption Camp, but the access road is just beside the Camp. There are lots of Private Estates selling land there priced above 1 Million Naira, but interested purchasers can still attempt to meet with the traditional landowners to buy at reduced prices around a Million Naira.

9. Ifo/Ibogun/Papalanto Axis
A few years ago, this area was virtually unknown. In fact, when the Ibogun Campus of the Olabisi Onabanjo University was established a few years ago, land there cost less than peanuts but today, and acres there cost millions. However, there are still areas where plots of land cost far less than a Million Naira and prices are still rising as at the time of writing this.

10. Sagamu Interchange/ Siun Axis
I decided to write about this area last to deprive those that won’t read to the end as well as the ‘Pls provide a summary ’crew of this golden opportunity. I actually stumbled on this silent goldmine by chance. Well, this area is located in Ogun State along the new Nestle Factory by the Sagamu Interchange on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The wonderful thing about this area is that the on-going repairs of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway have reached the Sagamu Interchange. Thus, the area is just waiting for Julius Berger to pack their equipment off the road before land prices skyrocket. The killer punch about this area is the rock-bottom prices. Presently, land here sells for around 1.5 million Naira per acre. Lots of Individual investors, Private Estates and Cooperative Societies are silently buying into it hoping to sell for killer profits in a short while.

I took the pain to research into these places and come up with this article in order to offer an opportunity to invest in the real estate sector. From the above, there is something for every pocket and they are as affordable as can be. After reading this list, kindly save the page or bookmark it because you definitely would remember and refer to it in a few years from now.

Remember, it is only in Lagos you see a tenant driving a better car than his landlord but prostrating for the landlord every January.
Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by MrMcJay(m): 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
Very enlightening piece
But the problem in Lagos is the menace of the Omonile boys.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by bros1234(m): 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
List this property on our property portal and others that you have available. We will surely help you find clients quicker since wee will be promoting the platform very well once we are done with the testing. If you have problems, let me know:

http://nigeriapropertyfinder.com/

Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by oralle(f): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
PearlStreet:
Sometime ago, I remember listening to someone wishing that she could bring land from her village to Lagos to build on due to the astronomical costs of genuine lands in Lagos. Well, no need to lament or wish, I have looked around Lagos and searched for different areas that genuine lands are available and affordable. This article is an exposé on available real estate opportunities which may be invested in by interested persons. However, I must warn that these are not in the heart of Lagos as they basically are on the outskirts of Lagos as well as border towns between Lagos and Ogun states. These places possess great economic prospects in the nearest future.

A relation of mine bought some acres of land at one of these areas of Ogun state for his farm project sometime in 2010. Back then, it was largely undeveloped as he bought it at the rate of Three Hundred Thousand Naira per Acre. Just recently, he informed me that he had gotten offers from interested purchasers to buy those same lands at 1 Million Naira per plot. Since an Acre consists of six plots, he would be selling at 6 Million Naira per Acre which amounts to about 2,000% profit.
Also, I have a client outside the country who bought an acre of land somewhere around MFM area in Ogun State for 600k in 2006. Today, land in that area sells for above 10M per plot.

I’m going to list certain areas of Lagos and Ogun State that land can still be bought for low prices presently, but hold great promise in the nearest future. The listing is done randomly, not in order of importance or prospects.

1. Badagry
An old slave-port with a new light rail system and Sea Port, Badagry has seen property prices skyrocket in the last few years. Also, with the expansion of the expressway and the new ferry system by the Lagos State Government in the works, land owners in that area are in for mega development. There are several areas of Badagry where land can still be bought for less than a Million Naira per plot. Prices of these lands are sure to multiply their present prices when the expressway is completed.

2. Agbara
An investor’s paradise, the Agbara Industrial Estate is located in Ogun State on the way to Badagry. The Agbara Industrial Estate is located here and houses many factories belonging to Unilever, Nestle, GSK, Beloxxi, P&G, etc. However, there is a huge boom in private residences in the non-industrial area of Agbara. The expansion of the Badagry express has also increased the prices of property in this area. However, the good news is that landsin certain areas of Agbara still sell for far less than a Million Naira per plot.

3. Atan/Igbesa Axis
This is the area after Canaanland road in Ota and it holds great economic promise. There is a road linking this area to Agbara and then to Lagos. Despite its distance from Lagos State, development has already reached this area and its surroundings due to its proximity to Lagos. Igbesa is home to Crawford University, and areas such as Atan, Lusada and Igbesa still have low-priced land sales. However, things are changing fast and smart buyers are already investing in this area.

4. Agbowa/Imota
Extremely profitable and of great prospects, this area houses the new Lagos State Housing Estate. Lots of private estates have bought vast lands in this area hoping to sell at increased prices and some are indeed already selling to subscribers. It is located at Ikorodu axis and it holds great prospects for investors.

As for Imota, a few years ago, no one knew whether Imota was a delicacy, a type of clothing or a place. However, since Caleb University was established there, all that changed. This is one of the potential hotspots in Lagos. It is located close to Epe but it is marketed as part of Ikorodu. Parcels of land here are still very much affordable and cost about half a Million Naira per plot.

5. Igbekodo/Siriwon Area
This is located along the Lekki-Epe Expressway. This area is one of the most promising areas of the places on this list due to the secure title it possesses (Lagos State Government Gazette) as well as the fact that it is located close to the 21-hole golf course and also the Lekki Freee Trade Zone. It presently sells for around a million naira per plot and it holds great economic prospects.

6. Ogijo
This is located on the road leading to Sagamu after Ikorodu. It is a boundary-town on the Ogun State side of Lagos and Ogun States, but lots of inhabitants of this area work in Lagos. It is very close to Ikorodu Industrial Area with many factories and firms located there. The area is also linked by road to Simawa by the new RCCG auditorium and hence to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The benefit in this area is that the newly-completed Ikorodu Expressway has made it easier for residents of this location to commute to and from their places of work.

7. Epe
Since the early 1990s when Maroko changed to Lekki, there has been an unending chain of development in this area. Presently, there is presently massive infrastructural development in the area due to the proposed International Airport, Lekki Free Trade Zone, proposed Dangote Refinery and others. As time goes on, this chain would also extend to Epe. Presently, there are affordable plots in some areas of Epe that sell for less than a Million Naira.

8. Simawa
Simawa was once a sleepy town but since RCCG announced their intention to build a mega auditorium there, the sleepy town ‘open eye sharply!’ Simawa is located behind the Redemption Camp, but the access road is just beside the Camp. There are lots of Private Estates selling land there priced above 1 Million Naira, but interested purchasers can still attempt to meet with the traditional landowners to buy at reduced prices around a Million Naira.

9. Ifo/Ibogun/Papalanto Axis
A few years ago, this area was virtually unknown. In fact, when the Ibogun Campus of the Olabisi Onabanjo University was established a few years ago, land there cost less than peanuts but today, and acres there cost millions. However, there are still areas where plots of land cost far less than a Million Naira and prices are still rising as at the time of writing this.

10. Sagamu Interchange/ Siun Axis
I decided to write about this area last to deprive those that won’t read to the end as well as the ‘Pls provide a summary ’crew of this golden opportunity. I actually stumbled on this silent goldmine by chance. Well, this area is located in Ogun State along the new Nestle Factory by the Sagamu Interchange on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The wonderful thing about this area is that the on-going repairs of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway have reached the Sagamu Interchange. Thus, the area is just waiting for Julius Berger to pack their equipment off the road before land prices skyrocket. The killer punch about this area is the rock-bottom prices. Presently, land here sells for around 1.5 million Naira per acre. Lots of Individual investors, Private Estates and Cooperative Societies are silently buying into it hoping to sell for killer profits in a short while.

I took the pain to research into these places and come up with this article in order to offer an opportunity to invest in the real estate sector. From the above, there is something for every pocket and they are as affordable as can be. After reading this list, kindly save the page or bookmark it because you definitely would remember and refer to it in a few years from now.

Remember, it is only in Lagos you see a tenant driving a better car than his landlord but prostrating for the landlord every January.

thanks for this info. Pls do u have any idea about lands in Pakuro?
Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by PearlStreet(m): 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
oralle:

thanks for this info. Pls do u have any idea about lands in Pakuro?

It's located at that area opposite Deeper Life near Mowe and Ofada. Pieces of land in that area have Omonile issues which can be easily handled with experience.

Also, it is important that a surveyor checks the coordinates of d land to determine if it doesn't fall under acquisition by the Ogun State govt.

You can reach me on the contact in my signature for further guidance.
Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by oralle(f): 7:47am On Nov 12, 2015
PearlStreet:

It's located at that area opposite Deeper Life near Mowe and Ofada. Pieces of land in that area have Omonile issues which can be easily handled with experience.

Also, it is important that a surveyor checks the coordinates of d land to determine if it doesn't fall under acquisition by the Ogun State govt.

You can reach me on the contact in my signature for further guidance.

Thanks for the response, are the lands located in that area exist only around Mowe and Ofada?
How will the problems will be solved with omonile?
are you a surveyor or something?

Pls do help in answering these questions

cc Seun Lalasticlala
Pls you guys should help push this thing. You could easily push threads regarding phones and all but this is far more important and its about investment. Kindly help.

Cheers
Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by PearlStreet(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
oralle:

Thanks for the response, are the lands located in that area exist only around Mowe and Ofada?
How will the problems will be solved with omonile?
are you a surveyor or something?

Pls do help in answering these questions

cc Seun Lalasticlala
Pls you guys should help push this thing. You could easily push threads regarding phones and all but this is far more important and its about investment. Kindly help.

Cheers

Pakuro is located around Mowe/Ofada. Hence, it is in the vicinity of the two towns.

Solving problems with the omo onile guys can be solved in many ways depending on who you're approaching and how you approach the person. However, you would still part with some sums of money for them, but would be minimal.

I'm a real estate lawyer and you can contact me if you so wish.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by oralle(f): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2015
PearlStreet:

Pakuro is located around Mowe/Ofada. Hence, it is in the vicinity of the two towns.

Solving problems with the omo onile guys can be solved in many ways depending on who you're approaching and how you approach the person. However, you would still part with some sums of money for them, but would be minimal.

I'm a real estate lawyer and you can contact me if you so wish.

09084444776 or questique.ng@gmail.com

Rouchly how much are you talking about here?
Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by PearlStreet(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
oralle:

Rouchly how much are you talking about here?

The only person who can answer that is the person who is selling the land to you. Prices vary for different pieces of land and is dependent on various factors.
Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by oralle(f): 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
PearlStreet:

The only person who can answer that is the person who is selling the land to you. Prices vary for different pieces of land and is dependent on various factors.

in a place like Pakuro, Hw much would it be?
Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by nassipickin(m): 7:49am On Apr 29, 2017
OWNERS OF PRIVATE ESTATES NOT CURRENTLY IN USE CAN MAKE MONEY BY LETTING IT OUT TO AGRI-INVESTORS.
When Land, Labor, Water, and the periodics of Weather is employed to create a Product / Farm Produce, and the Produce is processed for the Market; then an Agribusiness Value-Chain is said to be created by each block of activity that arrived at the market. Consider the following blocks:
a.) Land, Labor, Water, Weather
b.) Produce
c.) Process
d.) Market
Each block however is supposed to be interrelated and interdependent for the actual Value of the Chain to be harnessed.
BE THE PROVIDER LAND VALUE CHAIN
Hence the call on every well meaning Nigerian to refocus on restrategising agricultural investments.
Please join the Agribusiness Value Chain by calling: 08033029834, SMS: 08079929325, Whatsapp: 07055115343. Thanks
Re: Looking For Cheap Lands To Buy In And Around Lagos? Read This! by FIPS: 12:50am On May 19, 2017
1) DISTRESS SALES
A land measuring 850sqm at Wasimi area of Maryland, Ikeja, Lagos is available for immediate sale at a give away price of 20m.
Title: Registered Survey and deeds (Direct Brief)

2) 5bedroom detached house at VGC Lekki, pent room inclusive.
Well finished cabinets and wardrobes
AC already fitted
Fitted kitchen
Steam bath
Quality tiles & granites.
Price - 200m
Title - C of O.

3) 8 plots of land directly on tarred road, near House on The Rock Church, Ikate, Lekki.
Title - C of O.
Price - N80m per plot.

4) A brand new 4 units of 3 bedrooms apartment on a 660sqm, located @ Badore.
Price - 100m (negotiable).
Title - Governor's consent.

5) Newly built and tastefully finished 3 units of 3 bedroom Terrence duplexes with a room bq each at Agungi, Lekki.
Title is Governor's consent
Value is 50m/unit

6) Distress Sale of 2 And Half Plots Opposite Living Faith Church Ajara Badagry.
Title: Registered Survey
Price: 30million Negotiable

7) Distress sale of 3bedroom Terrence duplex in all 7 estate Gwarinpa. Exterior and Roofing completed remaining fittings and painting for the interior to be completed. Original price 45m but now going for 28m.

For more details, pictures and inspection; contact us at;
FIPS MULTILINKS LIMITED
44, King George V road, Onikan, Lagos Island, Lagos State.
fipsmultilinks@gmail.com
+2348071479557

At FIPS Multilinks Limited, we meet all your real estate needs. Contact us today for your Property Management, Construction, Real Estate Development and Investment at 44, King George V road, Onikan, Lagos Island, Lagos State.
fipsmultilinks@gmail.com
+2348071479557

(1) (Reply)

One full plot with 2 uncompleted shops @ 800k(give away price) / Where to get Geniune inverter battery in Lagos Nigeria: 08092903328 / Mowo Badagry Is A Fantastic Location To Own An Investment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.