Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word (651 Views)

The Longest Word In The English Dictionary / List Of New Words Added To The English Dictionary In 2016 / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word by purest21(m): 10:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
Just recently I wanted to check up 'Nigeria' in the English v. 2.7.3 dictionary, the dictionary suggested 'Nigerian scam' alongside with 'Nigerian'. I selected the word 'Nigerian scam' and was emotionally confused when I saw the definition. I didn't know whether I should laugh at or weep for my dear country on how the West has dissed us;

[/b]Nigerian scam

etymology

Commonly originate from Nigeria, although the country of origin is often spoofed.

noun (plural Nigerian scams)
- (Internet) An attempt to defraud by sending out large amounts of emails stating that the recipient has inherited a vast fortune, but will need to supply banking account details, or to send payment for fees, before the inheritance can be passed on.

synonyms
- 419 scam
- advance fee scam

Re: The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word by donholy28(m): 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
419 don enter dictionary
Re: The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word by angieberry(f): 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
grin cry
I laughed and weeped. Both reactions are acceptable.
Re: The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word by NicxonXXX(m): 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
When dem go put Yahoo Yahoo

1 Like

Re: The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word by purest21(m): 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
If they've decided to diss us internationally maybe it's time we hacked their atomic bombs and other nuclear biological weapons and detonate it on them. Imperialists West!
Re: The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word by SuperSuave(m): 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
wtf!!! ehya! na my country den disgrace so?
Re: The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word by alphalpha(m): 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
purest21:
If they've decided to diss us internationally maybe it's time we hacked their atomic bombs and other nuclear biological weapons and detonate it on them. Imperialists West!

Who is "we"?
Re: The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word by stepo707: 10:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
Definition doesn't even make sense.ode people
Re: The Latest Edition Of English Dictionary Contained 'nigerian Scam' As A New Word by purest21(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2015
Lalasticlala seun

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!!! Am I Need Of Chevron Scholarship Past Questions. / Centralization Of Fellowships / Admision Form To 200Level and "A"Level Studies Download In Trioses Cambridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.