Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market (1978 Views)

8 Commandments Of Shopping In A Nigerian Market. / My Brothers Millions Of Naira Disappeared From His Account / Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by ckc(m): 7:33am On Jun 19, 2015
I remembered with nostalgia some popular products that held sway in the Nigeria market of those days. I decided to make a list of the ones I remember. Wonder what happened to them.
1.Carnation (a liquid milk)
2.Green Sand Shandy(A drink)
3.Okin Biscuit
4.Malted biscuit (my favourite then in nursery school)
5.Biba(soft drink)
6.Golden Guinea beer
7.Planta margarine ( my favourite then for bread and loved their advert too...planta time bla bla bla
8.Fanta Chapman
9.Rin soap(advert...aka ncha rin rin nkacha mara mma...
10.Action detergent ( had a lovely advert then on TV)
11. Nku cream
12.Saturday Night Powder (advert...everybody love Saturday night...
13.Babeena infant milk(advert...thanks mum for babeenaa!

You can add yours!
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by kelvyn7: 7:44am On Jun 19, 2015
"when I have my baby i'm going to feed him Babeena" grin
dat year grin
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by ckc(m): 7:54am On Jun 19, 2015
grin grin
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by uncutz(m): 8:00am On Jun 19, 2015
yh Carnation milk preferred to peak milk then. it started disappearing around 1984 or so
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by ckc(m): 8:04am On Jun 19, 2015
uncutz:
yh Carnation milk preferred to peak milk then. it started disappearing around 1984 or so
. What really happened to Carnation? Was such a nice milk.
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by uncutz(m): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2015
ckc:

there are industries that suffered setback during military regime of buhari/ibb ...can't really tell why the disappearance. just like pronto
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by ckc(m): 8:33am On Jun 19, 2015
Yeah indeed Pronto! Wow! I remember.
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by ckc(m): 8:41am On Jun 19, 2015
And talking about phones...trium, sagem...are they still in production?
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by jaymichael(m): 9:08am On Jun 19, 2015
WALLS ice-cream, am surprised nobody mentioned this. "walls the dream of ice-cream"

1 Like

Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by habicab: 5:34am On Jul 06, 2015
ckc:
I remembered with nostalgia some popular products that held sway in the Nigeria market of those days. I decided to make a list of the ones I remember. Wonder what happened to them.
3.Okin Biscuit
5.Biba(soft drink)
6.Golden Guinea beer
7.Planta margarine ( my favourite then for bread and loved their advert too...planta time bla bla bla
8.Fanta Chapman
11. Nku cream

You can add yours!

Hi ckc, nice trip down the memory lane... funny how those things disappeared ....well everything has its time sha..
I also stumbled across a post of yours sometimes in 2008, September precisely ... i really need your advice on same topic. Kindly inbox me your contact, you can aswell get me on whatsapp...08064101186... please, its very important. Thanks in anticipation ...
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by coolcharm(m): 6:01am On Jul 06, 2015
True!
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by nlPoster: 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
ckc:

It was good. I actually didnt know it was no longer sold.

I had some a few years past, still the same quality and taste.
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by ekitimanalways(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
ckc:
3.Okin Biscuit
5.Biba(soft drink)
6.Golden Guinea beer
8.Fanta Chapman
11. Nku cream

You can add yours!
OmO detergent has evolved... Elephant blue detergent's extincted.
Re: Once Popular FMCG Products That Have Disappeared From The Nigerian Market by ProtectMyMoney: 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
ckc:

Appeared Nestle acquired Carnation and killed it in Nigeria to make way for her other products.

(1) (Reply)

Pls, How Can I Withdraw My Funds From Fiverr Using Paypal / The best And legitimate online jobs In Nigeria / Page SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.