Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,370 members, 7,853,655 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:01 PM

Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) (2773 Views)

Get Us Bank Guarantee & Be Rewarded / 100% Guarantee Money On Haulage Truck Investment / Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) by pacino26(m): 8:39am On Jun 19, 2015
I have been privy to a couple of business investment talks. Ideas and business plans then it will get to the point of BG and for one reason or the other it turns out to be a bottomless pit.

Is there anyone in the house who will be kind enough to educate me on how to process one? Closest to a BG that I've seen is an ATC (authority to collect) from a cement plant.

Contributions pls.
Re: Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) by Bugatie(m): 8:49am On Jun 19, 2015
pacino26:
I have been privy to a couple of business investment talks. Ideas and business plans then it will get to the point of BG and for one reason or the other it turns out to be a bottomless pit.

Is there anyone in the house who will be kind enough to educate me on how to process one? Closest to a BG that I've seen is an ATC (authority to collect) from a cement plant.

Contributions pls.

Okay,

A bank guarantee is of different types.

Don't know how best to explain but I'll try;
The commonest of bank guarantee I have come across are Advanced payment Guarantee, Bid bond and insurance bond.

The Advanced Payment guarantee involves 3 parties; you (the contractor), the bank and the client(say govt or any other company).

Here, the client requests the contractor to obtain/get APG from a reputable bank sort of covering the contract value. Basically, the essence of the APG is for the client to hold the bank responsible in case of default in contract execution.

When the APG is given by the bank, the client pays straight into the contractors account, and the bank now releases the money to the contractor in piecemeal according to agreed percentage and level of work done.

For the Bid bond/guarantee, 3 parties are also involved.
Most companies will ask their bidders/contractors to secure a bid bond from their bankers before they are allowed to bid for any job or contract.
The reason is to make sure that the bidder has the capacity to perform such contract.

Please note also that these services by bank come with a charge.

If you have any job that require a bank guarantee, you can approach your bank and ask more question or pm me.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) by pacino26(m): 8:54am On Jun 19, 2015
Bugatie:

Okay, I have.

A bank guarantee is of different types and most times people mistake them for other products offered by the bank like Bonds.

Will you be kind to educate me and possibly point me toward the right direction?
Re: Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) by Bugatie(m): 9:15am On Jun 19, 2015
pacino26:

Will you be kind to educate me and possibly point me toward the right direction?

I explained a little above but just to ask, which bank do you have a business account with?
Re: Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) by pacino26(m): 10:18am On Jun 19, 2015
Bugatie:

I explained a little above but just to ask, which bank do you have a business account with?

Diamond bank. I sent you a p-mail. And I've worked with an APG on a construction project before that's with a state gov though.

Am looking forward to securing a one digit loan to set up something here in Nigeria and the funds are coming offshores.
Re: Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) by Bugatie(m): 10:30am On Jun 19, 2015
pacino26:

Diamond bank. I sent you a p-mail. And I've worked with an APG on a construction project before that's with a state gov though.

Am looking forward to securing a one digit loan to set up something here in Nigeria and the funds are coming offshores.

OK good, Diamond bank is SME inclined and am sure they will give you a a favourable offer if you've had a good business relationship with them.

Just call your banks relationship manager/account officer or go to the nearest branch with your offer/award letter so you can discuss further.

I'll check my mail now.
Re: Who Has Ever Processed A Bank Guarantee (BG) by helpforever: 6:36am On Nov 17, 2018
ATC is hard to process these days

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: How Mavrodians Will Get Back Their Mavro On Jan 14. / Telecoms Wealth / I Need A Profitable Investment To Invest With 1.5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.