Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Shocking News For Batch B Stream Two Corps Member 2014 Set (cross Rivers State) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Shocking News For Batch B Stream Two Corps Member 2014 Set (cross Rivers State) (736 Views)

NYSC Announces Date For Printing Of Call Up Letter For Batch A 2017 / Two Corps Members Adorning Pinafore And Attracts Diverse Opinions. / NYSC 2016 Batch B Stream 2: An Important Information For Aspiring Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shocking News For Batch B Stream Two Corps Member 2014 Set (cross Rivers State) by gbobele: 8:47am On Jun 19, 2015
The soaring rate of poor accountability and executive carelessness reflecting in the administrative procedures of the NYSC scheme especially in cross state is becoming severe and unbearable to some corps Members posted to the state. Yesterday it occurred to batch b stream two (2014) corps Members, who have severally been assured by esteemed and reverent NYSC personnel that our discharge certificate would be issued to us immediately after the passing out parade (POP), are not sure of getting their certificate till time indefinite because of absurd reasons.

From what I deduced from the remorseful statement our (ELI) made at Calabar municipality yesterday (18th June, 20150), the registration files and forms containing the profiles of the stream two corps Members are nowhere to be found, so our letters are not yet ready. According to her, our colleagues who are fortunate not to be victim of the circumstance should sympathize and pray for us because the situation is critical with no hope of remedy within now till passing out parade. This saddened all stream two corps Members who were exercising great excitement like slaves about to be freed from a tyrannical master prior to the period the announcement was made.
In her reaction towards the bitterness that clouded the atmosphere, she said, ‘we are putting strategic measures on how to rectify the problem, so calm down and be optimistic’. She immediately distributed forms, same type we filled on arriving Calabar from our various state of redeployment, to all affected members.

But the hilarious thing about the story is that the department responsible for the safe keeping of our files didn’t raise alarm concerning missing item until yesterday----close to our passing out parade. This implies that staffs in the above mentioned department are fund of the act of truancy and ignorance. And I could remember vividly that no fire outbreak at secretariat where most of these vital files are kept was allegedly reported for them to justify their incompetency. Or, in this age of rapid technological advancement, how would a national scheme be so backward to an extent of not having a solidified data base system for safe record of corps members’ information.

I could remember how stressful it was in the registration process, which files have been misplaced by same staffs who scolded us with no atom of respect, but like primary school children who know not their left from their right; flaunting with the mandate of inculcating into corps Members habitual features that befit the civil society.

The most annoying thing is that the flaw of incompetent staffs is creating a circumstance victimizing corps Members but no action is taken against the culprit whose under their custody those files were kept.

The outcome of this has raised a strong conviction within me that the objective of the scheme is tailored towards monetary acquisition.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Remobilization Status Wt D B15 / You Stay In Suleja? Help Me Find My Ppa / NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.