Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off (640 Views)

Please Help Computer Gurus In The House#frustrated / Please, Help! Computer Geeks!! / Pls Help Computer Guru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off by olempe(m): 11:37am On Jun 19, 2015
Hello house, please I need help with my HP 630 laptop. I realised some days ago that it automatically powers itself off whenever its on. Even if I just switched it on, it would power off like a desktop PC does when light if of.

This happens every 25minutes. And this happens even when its plugged in. The battery is still good with about three hours battery life.
Re: Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 19, 2015
Laangbaati jhoor cheesy is the laptop madt ni
Re: Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off by shawlxAk(m): 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
olempe:
Hello house, please I need help with my HP 630 laptop. I realised some days ago that it automatically powers itself off whenever its on. Even if I just switched it on, it would power off like a desktop PC does when light if of.
This happens every 25minutes. And this happens even when its plugged in. The battery is still good with about three hours battery life.

Sounds like your laptop is overheating, possibly due to dust build-up. Try removing dust by blowing air through the side vent and see if it helps the laptop stay on for a longer period of time. Please do this while the laptop is powered off.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off by olempe(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
shawlxAk:

Sounds like your laptop is overheating, possibly due to dust build-up. Try removing dust by blowing air through the side vent and see if it helps the laptop stay on for a longer period of time. Please do this while the laptop is powered off.
OK, will try that. Thank you.
Re: Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off by chrisluwi: 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2015
olempe:

The fan might not be blowing so check that and if its not it then the paste ontop of d processor is finished so take it to an engineer to put it and if u happen to be in Benin you can come to airport road No 25 ,top floor,Godlinks and ask for Segun and I will assist u.
Re: Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off by olempe(m): 4:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
shawlxAk:

Tried that, no change.
Re: Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off by olempe(m): 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
chrisluwi:

The fan might not be blowing so check that and if its not it then the paste ontop of d processor is finished so take it to an engineer to put it and if u happen to be in Benin you can come to airport road No 25 ,top floor,Godlinks and ask for Segun and I will assist u.
maybe. Its saying its overheating. Meanwhile, I'm far from Benin, I will see an engineer. Thank you.
Re: Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off by Rogbese(m): 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
How long have you had the laptop? Do you use it on a mattress or pillow? It is most likely overheating. Dust may have caked onto the fan or heatsink, the fan may have stopped working or the heat paste may have hardened. Open it up or if u can't, have someone do it for you.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Computer Powers Itself Off by olempe(m): 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Rogbese:
How long have you had the laptop? Do you use it on a mattress or pillow? It is most likely overheating. Dust may have caked onto the fan or heatsink, the fan may have stopped working or the heat paste may have hardened. Open it up or if u can't, have someone do it for you.
3 years. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Data Plans For PC And Smartphones / How To Transfer Your Email Inbox To Another Account / Brand New (sealed) 2014 Macbook Pro 4 Sale In Ibadan @265k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.