Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

As You Make Your Bed, So You Will Lie On Itm - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / As You Make Your Bed, So You Will Lie On Itm (8709 Views)

Love At First Lie / It Was Not A Lie (A Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Drop A Comment Here And I'll Help You Make A Book Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As You Make Your Bed, So You Will Lie On Itm by idiadostephen(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
It's an old saying and my dad's favorite as well- "As you make your bed, so you will lie on it". It was frequently said to me as a kid.I would hear my dad's voice even in my dreams talking to me about making my bed. I thought that was all there is to it; making my bed neatly so I can have a good night rest, but as I grew older I found that in life, a persons latter days is a bed.We actually rest on this bed after making it (we make our beds with our decisions and actions in our early days), and as such it's imperative we consciously make it well to enjoy the evenings of life.

As you make your bed in your marriage, so you lay on it. Decisions like- Why you want to marry,who you marry, how you treat your family are all processes of making your bed for the inevitable "evening" when we must. There comes a time when you become older or when unforeseen tragedies weaken the body or finances and you can't do things for your self. Then you will seek much needed assistance. For those who made their bed roughly with wrong decisions and bad treatment of family members, these "evenings" are full of terrible nightmares.

How well you make your bed in your work and finance would also determine the state of your evening rest. Regardless of our vocation, life comes in seasons- times of abundance and scarcity. Its important to take note of these seasons especially that of abundance and make your bed properly before the evening rest of life. Those who make their bed haphazardly in the morning of abundance are bound to end up with torrid evenings were they have to beg or indulge in all sort of jobs that increases ageing process and hastens their journey to the life beyond.

As you make your bed so you will lie on it. What are your thoughts and plans towards the evening of your life? Dont be misguided by the exuberance and buoyancy of your youth, the evening is just around the corner. To enjoy a lovely night rest after an hectic day out, it's advisable to make your bed properly in the morning before leaving the house, you can't tell the day's outcome. Same principles applies to life, it's of utmost importance to take a break from the fast pace of life and check your bed if its well made. Are there certain things you need to put in perfect structures before the evening of life which catches up with us unannounced? Remember as you make your bed, so you will lie on it. Ponder on this for a while.

For more inspirational read visit www.souldeepwriters.com. Email: info@souldeepwriters.com or Tel: +2348124821554, +2348186180941
Re: As You Make Your Bed, So You Will Lie On Itm by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
This is deeply inspirational. smiley
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Book Summary - The Instant Millionaire By Mark Fisher / The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) / The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.