Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) (97827 Views)

Bird Turns Into A Woman In Port-harcourt. / OJUGBO GODSTIME OMONEKA's Lost Wallet Found In Oshodi / Petrol Tanker Leaks Fuel At Oshodi - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by HRich(m): 7:50pm On Jun 19, 2015
Tycike:
Is this for real?
Na Film.
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by greggles: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
Brianino:
guy oh please shut up already...you see science cant explain everything nt even the origin of life never mind darwinism,as a medical doctor, i guarantee u that there are spiritual things that defy logic and science..how can u explain a man diagnose of cancer coming back and he is diagnose free of the cancerous cells..somethings r beyond human comprehension....so quit your childish argument and face facts..witches do exist..infact they even hv an associatn..DOUBTING THOMAS..at times am shocked at the laziness of human facultative thinking...

Have you heard of the "Killer Lake" in cameroun? If you say or do something "bad" against the lake, it kills, at least that was the myth, though real in a way. It happened that people of the community "angered" the lake and it killed all of them, which was true, within minutes, that lake killed everyone in the community because of the "sacrilage" they commited, till...

Some researchers went into that community to investigate the deaths. They found that there was no "witch" in that lake killing people whenever they sinned against it, rather...

There was a volcanic eruption that occurred in that lake many years ago but part of it was still active though not erupting, so this caused the lake to compress a very high volume of CO2 (carbon IV oxide) inside it. Once in a long time, most of this gas escapes in high volume and it kills everyone within the community instantly depending on how much of it escaped. Carbon IV oxide is colourless and odourless so you won't see or smell it. Carbon IV is the air you breathe out when you breathe in oxygen, but much of it released into the atmosphere kills within seconds or minutes. Carbon IV is the reason why people sufforcate when they are locked up in a room without air coming in from outide, when they breathe in the gas and breathe it out, with time everywhere is filled with the gas and they die due to suffocation, its also plenty in smoke with carbon II oxide so people trapped in fire in a room die of the gas before even the fire reaches them, so when a fire fighter dies, its not necessarily the fire that killed but the smoke, especially when their oxygen is exhausted

So if you really don't have more evidence suggesting that this story is true, accept that your belief is a guess at best. However, I do believe that evil exists thought we might have differences in our understanding of its nature

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by gmus: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
greggles:

Yeah, even if the bird touches 2 live wires only, the PD would be about 315V so the bird would still be electrocuted. Its very possible the bird was a big one and somehow that happened, tha narrators didn't describe the size of bird or anything like that so the story will be in contention till a more plausible description is given

The next time u pass through a slummy area. Look at the nepa lines above. u will often see two of the lines ridg so close and almost touchg. Birds can get electriocuted on such lines: even a small bird. but like i said i dont believe 'transformstn" story.
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by gudluckgreat(m): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
greggles:

I mentioned nollywood because when people in a certain kind of cult are meeting, they paint themselves black. Looks like she painted herself black all over her body and she was never burnt

Does that really look like a painting to you?
I thought you would av answered the person who quoted you of where the fire came from.
If indeed there was fire or some sort of visible accident will even the lastma be looking and allowing it without helping?
If indeed it happened as the story went,I bet you no matter how much the voltage,she will live a little to observe her case before she dies
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by Neplusultra(f): 7:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
Na deir people na! grin cheesy
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by sunshine1974(m): 7:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
U have written well. I support u
greggles:
I have some Observations:

1. The high tension was not pictured above the woman as convincing evidence
2. Electrically (scientifically), birds do not get electrocuted because perching on only one of the high tension wires will not electrocute them or anyone who stays on only one of the 3 or 4 high tension cables
3. I don't believe one will get burned by electricity like she was and still stay alive, my guess is that fire or something else did that, Maybe she painted herself black to resemble an occultic person (as they do in Nollywood movies)

4. I am not an expert, my argument is open to contest
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by abatically(m): 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
This is real o! shocked shocked shocked Khikhikhihkhikhi cheesy cheesy cheesy

May the same or even worse befall every other witch on this forum and Nigeria @ large(that doesn't want Buhari and the nation's progress). Oyinbo witch dey help to develop their country, I no know why our own witch no sabi pass to dey destroy.

Abeg Wetin be the title of this home video? I must watch am.

1 Like

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by MizFrances(f): 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
Jesu shocked
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
gmus:

The next time u pass through a slummy area. Look at the nepa lines above. u will often see two of the lines ridg so close and almost touchg. Birds can get electriocuted on such lines: even a small bird. but like i said i dont believe 'transformstn" story.

And would the bird stay alive?
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by sunshine1974(m): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
Only d people captured in dis pictures can tell us exactly what happened. I don't believe d witch story

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by gmus: 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
DONBROTHER1:

i know that birds can stand in an electrict wire without been shock but not bat.

I have held live lines countless times.For as long as stays on only one line it is safe. but once its head or feather touch another line at a differnt potential it will be electrocuted. it is d birds legs dt are insulated not every part of it body( if u have ever dressed a chicken u will understand what I mean).
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
greggles:

Have you heard of the "Killer Lake" in cameroun? If you say or do something "bad" against the lake, it kills, at least that was the myth, though real in a way. It happened that people of the community "angered" the lake and it killed all of them, which was true, within minutes, that lake killed everyone in the community because of the "sacrilage" they commited, till...

Some researchers went into that community to investigate the deaths. They found that there was no "witch" in that lake killing people whenever they sinned against it, rather...

There was a volcanic eruption that occurred in that lake many years ago but part of it was still active though not erupting, so this caused the lake to compress a very high volume of CO2 (carbon IV oxide) inside it. Once in a long time, most of this gas escapes in high volume and it kills everyone within the community instantly depending on how much of it escaped. Carbon IV oxide is colourless and odourless so you won't see or smell it. Carbon IV is the air you breathe out when you breathe in oxygen, but much of it released into the atmosphere kills within seconds or minutes. Carbon IV is the reason why people sufforcate when they are locked up in a room without air coming in from outide, when they breathe in the gas and breathe it out, with time everywhere is filled with the gas and they die due to suffocation, its also plenty in smoke with carbon II oxide so people trapped in fire in a room die of the gas before even the fire reaches them, so when a fire fighter dies, its not necessarily the fire that killed but the smoke, especially when their oxygen is exhausted

So if you really don't have more evidence suggesting that this story is true, accept that your belief is a guess at best. However, I do believe that evil exists thought we might have differences in our understanding of its nature

I wonder why people work so much to uphold a lie. And they believe just anything they read. With just very little information about an event and they are ready to fill in the blanks themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by greggles: 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
gudluckgreat:

Does that really look like a painting to you?
I thought you would av answered the person who quoted you of where the fire came from.
If indeed there was fire or some sort of visible accident will even the lastma be looking and allowing it without helping?
If indeed it happened as the story went,I bet you no matter how much the voltage,she will live a little to observe her case before she dies

After I looked closer, I realized it doesn't look like painting, but I cannot justify electrocution for this. Do you know what electrocution does? It destroys all the organs in the body, just like when high voltage burns a cable, that cable or equipment can't function anymore.

Watch the photo, her clothes were burnt too, does electricity also char clothes except there is fire?

1 Like

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by sunshine1974(m): 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hmmmm! Are u sure ur friend is telling u d truth? So what happened afterwards?
igbsam:
A friend witnessed this. It didn't happen at oshodi, it happened at iyana ipaja on Wednesday. Before he told me, I first heard it from a woman close to where I work, before seeing him and he narrated to me how it happened while he was at the bus stop waiting for a bus. She transformed while hitting d ground.

1 Like

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by abatically(m): 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
omanzo02:
Most Nigerians are heartless.......first thing to do is take that poor woman to an hospital.....save her life first before labelling her a witch or whatever.

For your information......Human changing to bird don't exist....it's superstition believe

I agree with u that woman changing to bird don't exist, so I don't believe in this story.

But ur point about people taking her to the hospital is very INVALID. No sane person, I repeat NO SANE PERSON would take such a mysterious looking woman to the hospital. Not in USA, not in the UK, not in China, and not in Nigeria. I mean how would u explain to them what happened to her? U wanna get arrested for being an accomplice? The best people can do is call on the authorities like police or fire service. These are the only people that have the right to take her to the hospital.
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:
Now you see why Nigeria will take forever to progress? When the average Nigerian believes that a bird can change into a human being. SMH.

Nigeria will never progress.
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by stevSKY(m): 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
I so much agree with you 100%

greggles:

2. Electrically (scientifically), birds do not get electrocuted because perching on only one of the high tension wires will not electrocute them or anyone who stays on only one of the 3 or 4 high tension cables
3. I don't believe one will get burned by electricity like she was and still stay alive, my guess is that fire or something else did that, Maybe she painted herself black to resemble an occultic person (as they do in Nollywood movies)

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by donvicky2007: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
greggles:

I hope u have not see the power of high tension with current passing through it.it has d power to divide human being at d same time roast its victim.
According to ur number observation, bird can't be electrocuted if they stand on their feet on a high tension wire with flowing current cox their feet is been coated with a non-conductor of electricity but not including their body.

In the case of one high tension wire don't have d ability to electrocute a person as u claimed,Let's go practical go to ur house if their is Light go and touch just d red wire and feel the effect then u can imagine what a high tension wire with current passing through it can do to a person.
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by menesheh(m): 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
theAtheist101:

I wonder why people work so much to uphold a lie. And they believe just anything they read. With just very little information about an event and they are ready to fill in the blanks themselves.

That's african magic award 2015

Gullible people taking nonsense as true.

1 Like

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by princemillla(m): 8:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
This incident occurred befor my koro koro eyes. I was at fiiro decorating for the arrival of ex President Gej. On my way to purchase more fabrics at the safejo market. I saw a heavy bird falling from a live wire. Halas, it turned to an old woman. She stood upright, then later died and was taken away by the Nigeria police. Was the first experience tho! This is last year sha
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by gudluckgreat(m): 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
greggles:

After I looked closer, I realized it doesn't look like painting, but I cannot justify electrocution for this. Do you know what electrocution does? It destroys all the organs in the body, just like when high voltage burns a cable, that cable or equipment can't function anymore.

Watch the photo, her clothes were burnt too, does electricity also char clothes except there is fire?

Bro I should also be inquisitive as u are,but there are much that logic can't explain. Not everything we call superstition is actually that
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by menesheh(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
Brianino:
guy oh please shut up already...you see science cant explain everything nt even the origin of life never mind darwinism,as a medical doctor, i guarantee u that there are spiritual things that defy logic and science..how can u explain a man diagnose of cancer coming back and he is diagnose free of the cancerous cells..somethings r beyond human comprehension ....so quit your childish argument and face facts..witches do exist..infact they even hv an associatn..DOUBTING THOMAS..at times am shocked at the laziness of human facultative thinking...

Explain the bolded, seems the guy don't know why?

Since you claimed to know the inexplicables in the universe.

1 Like

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
agarawu23:
hahahaha I just don't wanna drag it further ni
am not api with u sad
what I do
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by sunshine1974(m): 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
Birds can never be electrocuted by mere perching on a high tension, even a human being can hold onto one and nothing will happen as long as u don't have any link to earth. If a circuit is not complete u can't be electrocuted. We have practicalized it in my office b4. But pls dere are rules to it. Don't try it at home.
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by Agebrown(m): 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
greggles:

and who told u that birds dnt gt electrocuted?......mk researches b4 u cm here nd rant nonsense...#african mentality#
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by abatically(m): 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
igbsam:
A friend witnessed this. It didn't happen at oshodi, it happened at iyana ipaja on Wednesday. Before he told me, I first heard it from a woman close to where I work, before seeing him and he narrated to me how it happened while he was at the bus stop waiting for a bus. She transformed while hitting d ground.

Bros, abeg suffery suffery dey lie na. This happened on Wednesday? This news has been online for almost a year, so how come it happened on Wednesday?

If u want prove I can show u.
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by sunshine1974(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
To add to dat, people need to understand d principle behind electrical shock or electrocution. What actually happens when dere is an electrical shock is dat the heart heart is made to beat 3000 times per minute which equals to the frequency of 50 hertz, d heart does not have d capacity so d first thing dat happens is heart failure.
greggles:

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by gmus: 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
theAtheist101:

And would the bird stay alive?

Certainly not!

1 Like

Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by gmus: 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
princemillla:
This incident occurred befor my koro koro eyes. I was at fiiro decorating for the arrival of ex President Gej. On my way to purchase more fabrics at the safejo market. I saw a heavy bird falling from a live wire. Halas, it turned to an old woman. She stood upright, then later died and was taken away by the Nigeria police. Was the first experience tho! This is last year sha

Friend. I dont believe u are tellg d truth.
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by Ezyp(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
greggles:

Bros you are on ur own oooo

Those cables you see each carries a volt of about 330,000volts.... They are not like your wall socket at home that has + or -
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by hardbody: 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
greggles:

I wanted to highlight on your second point but you already did. I disbelieve this story. I need stronger proof.

Essentially birds don't get electrocuted.
Re: Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) by greggles: 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
donvicky2007:

I hope u have not see the power of high tension with current passing through it.it has d power to divide human being at d same time roast its victim.
According to ur number observation, bird can't be electrocuted if they stand on their feet on a high tension wire with flowing current cox their feet is been coated with a non-conductor of electricity but not including their body.

In the case of one high tension wire don't have d ability to electrocute a person as u claimed,Let's go practical go to ur house if their is Light go and touch just d red wire and feel the effect then u can imagine what a high tension wire with current passing through it can do to a person.

You didn't quite understand me. Its not the coating on their feet that prevents them from getting electrocuted, this will be better understood by a student of engineering.

When a bird stands on both feet or even rests on a high tension wire without touching anything that has connection to the ground, they won't be electrocuted, when you hear that a bird got electrocuted on a high tension wire, something else happened that wasn't explained or wasn't understood by a lay man

Similarly, if a man can successfully hold only one of the high tension wires without touching anything else like lar or anything else, just hang in the air (which is impossible in Nigeria because of the way the high tension wires are fixed close to each other), he won't get electrocuted by the high tension.

In order to get electrocuted, the high tension needs that man or bird to complete the circuit, that is, either touch another one of the wires, or something else like a ladder, tree or anything that is connected to the ground.

So as long as the bird doesn't touch another object or wire apart from the one it is standing on, it won't get electrocuted

Do you remember "cross ventilation"? It is when you have an inlet and outlet for air to pass through. When you open one window and close the other facing it in the opposite direction, it feels like air refused to come in, but once you open the other window, you feel this sudden rush of air coming in

Science has gone deep in explaining a lot of things that are mysterious to people, but many don't read and these things will continue to remain mysteries and superstitions will rule as long as we refuse to question, study and learn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

All Nigeria Newspaper Headlines In One Place / How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. / Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.