Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Unregistered Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unregistered Marriage (2008 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unregistered Marriage by infinity75: 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
pls,ur advice will be highly appreciated. Am a young mother of two children. My marriage have not been made official cos am d second wife of my husband though all d family members frm my side and his are aware.am troubled cos i still bear my father's name. How can i register my marriage cos my husband is legally married to his first wife?
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Pineapp: 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mrs. Infinity Dickson grin

1 Like

Re: Unregistered Marriage by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
Second wife in this century? The struggle to be Mrs somebody is real.

Don't bother replying if you are a muslim?
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Pineapp: 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
infinity75:
pls,ur advice will be highly appreciated. Am a young mother of two children. My marriage have not been made official cos am d second wife of my husband though all d family members frm my side and his are aware.am troubled cos i still bear my father's name. How can i register my marriage cos my husband is legally married to his first wife?
Wrong!!
You are married to his dickk,so you might want to change your surname to "Dickson".

1 Like

Re: Unregistered Marriage by Moana(f): 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
You are very brave my dear lipsrsealed
Re: Unregistered Marriage by infinity75: 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
[quote author=Pineapp post=34933733]
Wrong!!
You are married to his dickk,so you might want to change your surname to "Dickson".[/quote
Am nt.actually its a long story.u hv nt comment on d post
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Pineapp: 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
[quote author=infinity75 post=34934116][/quote] All stories are long,summary makes it shorter..
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
angry
Re: Unregistered Marriage by babygirlfl: 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
fem29:
angry

Fem, why the face? grin grin grin
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
babygirlfl:

Fem, why the face? grin grin grin

smiley, hmm sounds like she is having an affair with a married man.
Re: Unregistered Marriage by babygirlfl: 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
fem29:

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Unregistered Marriage by infinity75: 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
fem29:

No,am nt
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
babygirlfl:

My thoughts exactly.

I dunno if she wants advice on how to usurp his wife. Na wa o. Each to their own
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
infinity75:

No,am nt

I don't want to judge but if you are with a man who is already married then you are having an affair with him. What kind of marriage did you guys do?
Re: Unregistered Marriage by infinity75: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
[quote author=fem29 post=34935364]

I don't want to judge but if you are with a man who is already married then you are having an affair with him. What kind of marriage did you guys do?[/quote
He was nt married wen we re dating.he got married during d relationshp which ii was nt aware of cos obviously he impregnated two ladies at a tym
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
[quote author=infinity75 post=34935548][/quote]

Wow sad. Sounds like a very messy situation. But you know you should have left him when you found out he had married someone else. How can his wife agree to a second wife. Dunno what to tell you.
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Yustash001(m): 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
Why una no fit give the the OP reasonable advice...haba...what's the biggy in being the second wife?....back to the topic..@OP.....may be you should talk to your husband on the issue...abi?...
Re: Unregistered Marriage by mrsmith11(m): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
The Op asked a question and nobody cares about the question but making stupid comments

@ Op don't answer any question regarding ur marital position

Just go to your local government council and you will be told exactly what to do

1 Like

Re: Unregistered Marriage by tpiadotcom: 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
may I ask what happened to bring about your sudden interest in being legally registered as married?
Re: Unregistered Marriage by libertyfather(m): 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
mrsmith11:
The Op asked a question and nobody cares about the question but making stupid comments

@ Op don't answer any question regarding ur marital position

Just go to your local government council and you will be told exactly what to do

You make sense, but why local government coucil? I think she should sort it with the man, if I'm wrong pls correct me...For those spewing rubish 32 strroke on ur butt, ur time dey come
Re: Unregistered Marriage by mrsmith11(m): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
tpiadotcom:
So, because of inheritance you're suddenly remembering you're not the legal wife. . . . . . .. . .

Anyway, the man walked into this problem fully aware of what he was doing. . . . .. . . .

How does your response help her in registering her marriage
Re: Unregistered Marriage by mrsmith11(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
libertyfather:

You make sense, but why local government coucil? I think she should sort it with the man, if I'm wrong pls correct me...For those spewing rubish 32 strroke on ur butt, ur time dey come

Because LGA is where you do marriage registration so they will give all the information she need because the husband might not even know if is possible to obtain certificate for more than one wife
Re: Unregistered Marriage by tpiadotcom: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
Re: Unregistered Marriage by tpiadotcom: 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
libertyfather:

what do you mean?

just because you are in the lifestyle, everybody must follow join?

who send you, and are you sharing whatever lucre you are getting from such?

I hate when people shamelessly promote something.

if you have anything you want to share with the op, do that and stop threatening others, ok?

you are talking of time, when is your own?
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Jamean(f): 5:28am On Jun 20, 2015
Go to your local government Council to be informed. But I think you will be required to do court wedding. If you are married to the man traditionally then you are also is wife and have rights.

Ladies say no to being a 2nd wife. I consider been a single parent as a lesser evil., undecided
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Claroo(m): 5:50am On Jun 20, 2015
infinity75:
Since ur husband is legally married to d 1st wife,u can't register d marriage between both of u UNTIL he divorce d first wife in a court of law.

2 Likes

Re: Unregistered Marriage by soonest(f): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2015
Op, the law recognises polygamy. Did he marry you traditionally? If yes, then you are legally married and the marriage can be registered. Go to the marriage Registry of your LG and get it done. Afterwards, You can do change of name with any newspaper of your choice. But If he only knows your family and hasn't done your trad , then i'm sorry you are not married.
Re: Unregistered Marriage by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 20, 2015
Jamean:
Go to your local government Council to be informed. But I think you will be required to do court wedding. If you are married to the man traditionally then you are also is wife and have rights.

Ladies say no to being a 2nd wife. I consider been a single parent as a lesser evil., undecided

Single parent hoping from one dick to another?

You are human and as long you ladies want to pretend you don't love sex or whatever you would crave the touch of a man. What happens then?

You look for a young guy to tidy you or you engage in illicit sex with another married man? Isn't that fornication?

Which is better? To be known to one man with a home of yours even if it is shared (and common law of Nigeria even recognises this) or to be known with several men each taking turns ?

1 Like

Re: Unregistered Marriage by Jamean(f): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2015
johnny1980:

Single parent hoping from one dick to another?

You are human and as long you ladies want to pretend you don't love sex or whatever you would crave the touch of a man. What happens then?

You look for a young guy to tidy you or you engage in illicit sex with another married man? Isn't that fornication?

Which is better? To be known to one man with a home of yours even if it is shared (and common law of Nigeria even recognises this) or to be known with several men each taking turns ?

What is this one saying undecided

3 Likes

Re: Unregistered Marriage by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 20, 2015
Jamean:

What is this one saying undecided
And what did you type earlier?
Hear yourself. Single motherhood better than being in a marriage.
Re: Unregistered Marriage by porshuch: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
sorry! op your marriage can't be registered on any registrar. a man is only entitled to register only one wife with the court of law. since you're the second wife ,he can still do your trad, that one allows a man to register more than 10wives. Sorry for the mess already.
Re: Unregistered Marriage by porshuch: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
soonest:
Op, the law recognises polygamy. Did he marry you traditionally? If yes, then you are legally married and the marriage can be registered. Go to the marriage Registry of your LG and get it done. Afterwards, You can do change of name with any newspaper of your choice. But If he only knows your family and hasn't done your trad , then i'm sorry you are not married.
you can't register more than one wife in LG registry, it can only be done in a muslim court.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Handle A Child That Steals? / Tonto Dike Husband Says Different Between WIFE And BABYMAMA / Pedophile Are Everywhere, Please Help My Sister Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.