Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Boost For Agricultural Sector, As Nigeria Partners Songhai Centre - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Boost For Agricultural Sector, As Nigeria Partners Songhai Centre (735 Views)

SONGHAI FARMS TRAINING: Let's Plan & Attend Together / Obiano Flags-off Farming Season For Delfarm Anambra Songhai Project - Photos / Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boost For Agricultural Sector, As Nigeria Partners Songhai Centre by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 20, 2015
The Federal Government will partner with the Founder and Director of Songhai Centre in the Republic of Benin, Godfrey Nzamujo in a move to develop the agricultural sector of Nigeria,

Speaking on the partnership, Nzamujo said that it would further help the country become self sustaining in food production and be economically buoyant.

“Also, it would provide job opportunities for several unemployed youths and reduce the social vices they were dissipating their energies on. Nigeria, as rich as it is,with all the blessings from God, still imports some of its foodstuffs from other countries; we are importing petroleum products into Nigeria, which we produce.

“We can grow various foodstuffs locally and export them to other West African countries if we key into agriculture. What we are doing at Songhai Farm is to show that Africans can do it,” he said.

Nzamujo advised President Muhammadu Buhari to choose credible citizens to serve as ministers in his administration. He said that the success of the Buhari-led administration would largely depend on the calibre of people working with him.

If you must know, Songhai Farm is not just any “common farm” out there.It is an exceptional one that trades in livestock, crop production, energy production, and aquaculture energize each other.They can go even further with various services such as marketing, innovation, research. And thus appear green rural cities.

In partnering with Songhai Farms, Nigeria stands to gain through a functional training based on knowledge, skills, and a value system.Songhai aims to produce a critical mass of men and women with a new entrepreneurial culture and who are equipped morally, technically, and spiritually with organizational skills. Songhai provides technologies and methods that enhance local resources and improve production, while respecting the environment and society.

http://nairametrics.com/boost-for-agricultural-sector-as-nigeria-partners-songhai-centre/
Re: Boost For Agricultural Sector, As Nigeria Partners Songhai Centre by adedolapo4(m): 7:27am On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Boost For Agricultural Sector, As Nigeria Partners Songhai Centre by Pavore9: 8:14am On Jun 20, 2015
lndeed Rev. Fr. Godfrey Nzamujo is an exceptional mind even with all his doctorate degrees, he is so deeply grounded. l recall Delta and Rivers State setting up Songhai Centres l just hope it has not been mis-managed.
Re: Boost For Agricultural Sector, As Nigeria Partners Songhai Centre by Skiblack1(m): 2:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Please I would like to go for training at this centre but I don't know the procedure for application?
Re: Boost For Agricultural Sector, As Nigeria Partners Songhai Centre by babamoshe: 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mercilicious please I would like to discuss something with you regarding a cooment of yours on Jasper's thread. please can u mail me a means of communicating you on babamoshe@gmail.com.
Re: Boost For Agricultural Sector, As Nigeria Partners Songhai Centre by Goldenboy842(m): 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nice one by the Federal Government if it doesn't end up on paper.
I did my IT at Songhai Delta, they just recuperating from miss-management.

(1) (Reply)

Poultry House Needed For Lease Or Sale In Ibadan / New H5nx Bird Flu Vaccine Potential For Mass Protection Of Poultry / Can Water Melon Grow In Ilorin Kwara State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.