Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Pls I Need Your Help Concerning My Assignment 2 (database) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls I Need Your Help Concerning My Assignment 2 (database) (1569 Views)

IT Gurus I Need Your Help Concerning My SIWES / Pls Help With My Assignment / Help Concerning Artificial Neural Network (ANN) using MATLAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Help Concerning My Assignment 2 (database) by Myhelper123: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2015
In topical client server system, the server machine is much more powerful than the client i.e it processor is faster, it may have multiple processor and it has more memory and disk capacity.
Consider instead a scenario where client and server machine having exactly the same power. Would it make sense to build a client server in such scenario? Why? Which scenario would be better suited to a data server architecture?
Re: Pls I Need Your Help Concerning My Assignment 2 (database) by seunthomas: 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
The whole idea of building a client server architecture as you rightly stated is because server hardware maybe much better than the client hardware. However another important factor for using a client server architecture is because you want to be able to run the client and server over a different network or remotely. Take for example you are in the Lagos and the Machine you want to interact with is in Abuja, even if both have the same processing power. It makes much more sense to use a client-server approach. So i think you need to explain what you want more clearly in your initial posting.
This are some of the reasons to use client-server architecture:
a. Server hardware has unlimited or more resources(CPU,Memory,Storage).
b. Need to work remotely or over a network.
c. The data in question can only be secure if its on a central server. E.g Some applications require additional security and does not make sense to install it on every client pc. Banking app should not be installed on all the cashier pc.
d. The operating system environment may also neccessiate you run a client-server arhcitecture.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Help Concerning My Assignment 2 (database) by FincoApps(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
And to add to Myhelper123, a client server architecture does not necessarily mean the server is more powerful (At least not in all cases). And your scenario where the client has exactly the same processing power with the server, the best way to use that is in Peer to Peer networks. Where each node in the network acts as both a client and a server.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help Concerning My Assignment 2 (database) by Myhelper123: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Thanks@Seunthamos.....I still have one more sir!
Instead of storing share structure in share memory, an alternative architecture would be to store them in a local memory of a special process and access the store data by inter process communication with the process, what would be the draw back of such an architecture?
Pls help me out
Re: Pls I Need Your Help Concerning My Assignment 2 (database) by seunthomas: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2015
Myhelper123:
Thanks@Seunthamos.....I still have one more sir!

Instead of storing share structure in share
memory, an alternative architecture would be to
store them in a local memory of a special process
and access the store data by inter process
communication with the process, what would be
the draw back of such an architecture?

Pls help me out
I assume what you are describing here is a message queue(non socket based). The advantages of a message queue is that their is very little latency(time to fetch the data over the network) as the application can just request data from the necessary process. However it has significant drawbacks like data corruption(were the data in the storage process is corrupted). Also the architecture needs to be properly done or else there maybe race condition scenerios where multiple processes or threads try to reach the data in the storage process and are blocked. In order to understand what you want better i would need you to describe examples of this application.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help Concerning My Assignment 2 (database) by Myhelper123: 5:21am On Jun 22, 2015
Example is Database
Re: Pls I Need Your Help Concerning My Assignment 2 (database) by Myhelper123: 5:36am On Jun 22, 2015
Example is Database Management System DBMS

(1) (Reply)

Download "KIT Browser" Very Fast Browser Designed By A 19-year Old Nigerian / Irotvmobile App...used In Watching Cinemas Nollywood / Please We Need A Very Good Programmer/app Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.