Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One (3573 Views)

[pic] Can You Buy The Blackberry Priv For ₦225,000 / With 18k What Is The Best Phone I Can Afford? / See The Price Of The Blackberry Priv Android Handset (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One by Dotng: 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
If this is the BlackBerry Android phone, I want one
Authored by: Kris Carlon

You know those whacky rumors that BlackBerry is planning to put out an Android phone later this year? Well, an impressive specs sheet is out there. Pictures of a rather futuristic looking phone are out there. And if all this turns out to be true, I want one.

Why? A few reasons. I still remember slider phones with a pang of nostalgia. Like Amy Winehouse, slider phones were quirky and cool and taken from us way too soon. I'm also old-school enough to still have fond memories of T9 and physical keyboards. As much as swipe typing has sped things up, I find myself endlessly going back over messages to correct mis-predicted words. That never happened with T9.

I also like an underdog, and if there has ever been an underdog in this age of Samsung and Apple world domination it is BlackBerry. Even Nokia gets more love than BlackBerry these days. But even more than an underdog I love a comeback. This is why I'm overjoyed that The Goonies is being remade and why Searching For Sugar Man made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It's also why I'd love to see this thing succeed.

So bring it on, I say. Shut up and take my money. Give me that crazy Android-powered BlackBerry slider thing with physical keyboard, who-knows-what software and odd, Project Ara-like appearance. With a rumored Snapdragon 808, 3 GB of RAM and 5.4-inch QHD display, this thing is basically an LG G4 anyway. We should only have to wait until November to see this thing, codenamed Venice, for real.

Who doesn't still harbor a little nostalgic love for physical keyboards on phones? / © BlackBerry

For me, this would be the comeback, revival, underdog, nostalgia story of the year. Who, in a million years, would ever think that BlackBerry might have a shot at entering our best Android phones list? Perhaps there's no chance, but maybe it's feasible.

Either way, I have to hold out hope. If Rocky could do it, if Will Smith could repel hordes of alien invaders in pretty much every movie he's ever made and if Game of Thrones can kill off its entire cast and still keep going strong, then anything is possible.

https://www.androidpit.com/blackberry-android-phone?utm_source=DailyNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150620_DN

Re: If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One by phabuloz(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
Let's wait and see the phone
Re: If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One by constance500: 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
Q10

1 Like

Re: If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One by freedom96: 9:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
Ha ah!Q10
E don dey old na.
Re: If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One by Nobody: 3:50am On Jun 21, 2015
Re: If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One by ibkgab001: 9:10am On Jun 21, 2015
Available on blackberry passport
Re: If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One by haywire1: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2015
Yea
Re: If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One by onoerime: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2015
What I hate about blackberry phones is that most of their apps are for sale. Andriod still blazing

(1) (Reply)

9mobile Promo Gives You N10,000 Bonus For 30days / See First Real Image Of Xiaomi Black Shark, World First Truly Gaming Phone / Infinix Smart 3 Plus - Unboxing & Review [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.