Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) (17410 Views)

Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! / Very New Honda Accord (EOD) 2003 For SALE @ 900k ONLY / Transmission 2007 Accord. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by eaglechild: 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
lomomike:

If the OP could confess as to a Honda, what would he confess when he drives a 2005 Altima not to even talk of a 2008 altima? And I'm not talking about even the 3.5L V6 SE models.

truth is Japmobiles aren't designed to do a particular task, they're designed to do set of varying tasks satisfactorily.
You just said my mind.

The Altima is considered the sporty jap in that category.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by igbsam(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
I've been driving my EOD for 5yrs now and it sometimes give me serious problems. Maybe the winshes in my former homezone, but since i moved away from my former house to a new apartment, it just feels like i just got a new car without doing major repairs. Though some minor fixes needed like the cranking shaft, non working AC and blinking D light when driven for like 30mins. The car seems okay. Infact, i do drive it to ghana and it has never dissappointed on the way before.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by shitshappen(m): 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
lomomike:
Shitshappen and refreshrate, don't start that German vs Japan automobile rivalry if you don't appreciate this the vehicle in question pls stay clear from this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

ndoo! you just cant help it when you see someone that share same interest with you.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by shitshappen(m): 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
refreshrate:

Don't worry the first step is to believe.
God will see you through my brother
amen.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by abidemidare: 12:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Engrr:
Hello Oga, I am looking for ECU (brain-box) for this car, do u know where I can source it from (year 2003)

I bought mine(brain box) February for 30k at owode onirin EOD 2003 V6 and it's bn working fine since then. It was 50k at ladipo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by EazyMoh(m): 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
benzmatic:
EOD Euro spec (my personal preference).
Please have you driven the euro spec version of this accord and what's the difference in terms of performance and handling?
I so much like the euro spec but don't wanna jeopardize performance the EOD is known for.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:51am On Feb 23, 2017
how much is the euro speck? I need it urgently, naija used preferably
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by tolulinks(m): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
Euro spec is more expensive and the owners hardly sell. Go for the 2006 model
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by dubsy20(m): 8:16am On Dec 03, 2017
Thanks for reviews guys, but seriously no one said anything about the shaft issues that dissapoints many EOD owners on the road and leaves one of the front tyres facing Lagos and the other facing Abuja.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by elshanAutos: 9:07am On Dec 03, 2017
dubsy20:
Thanks for reviews guys, but seriously no one said anything about the shaft issues that dissapoints many EOD owners on the road and leaves one of the front tyres facing Lagos and the other facing Abuja.
I’ve personally used the 2003 EOD i4 (manual) 2004 EOD i4 (auto) 2005 EOD V6 (auto) & 2007 DC V6 (auto) and I can authoritatively tell you if that ever happens to you, it’s only as a result of fake parts and nothing else. It’s not a Honda problem.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
but why does it feature in Honda more frequently?
people use all sort of fake parts for other vehicle brands, but Honda specifically doesn't want to hear excuse. don't get me wrong, I've seen other vehicles with that k-leg, but once in a bluemoon. take an anonymous poll excluding car dealers and mechanics, on the issue of leg problem, u will be amazed at the results.

why? cos same practice and maintenance culture on different brands is supposed to yield same results, abi...... but the exception to this rule is Honda and Land rover

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by dubsy20(m): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2017
elshanAutos:

I’ve personally used the 2003 EOD i4 (manual) 2004 EOD i4 (auto) 2005 EOD V6 (auto) & 2007 DC V6 (auto) and I can authoritatively tell you if that ever happens to you, it’s only as a result of fake parts and nothing else. It’s not a Honda problem.

I really appreciate this feedback, but please does it mean fake parts are responsible for the high count of EODs that had this issues on the road.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2017
dubsy20:

I really appreciate this feedback, but please does it mean fake parts are responsible for the high count of EODs that had this issues on the road.

my broda, it is not! so is it original parts that is being used on a Camry that will prevent the kleg? not at all my broda...

sienna Odyssey, hilux ridge line, Camry accord, hiace...... I don't even wanna know the Honda counterpart..... ask urself the simple and seemingly obvious question,
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
lonelydora:
I'm blushing. Proud owner of V6 2003 Accord. I will buy it over and over again.
The transmission something, how true is it

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Absoj(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
igbsam:
I've been driving my EOD for 5yrs now and it sometimes give me serious problems. Maybe the winshes in my former homezone, but since i moved away from my former house to a new apartment, it just feels like i just got a new car without doing major repairs. Though some minor fixes needed like the cranking shaft, non working AC and blinking D light when driven for like 30mins. The car seems okay. Infact, i do drive it to ghana and it has never dissappointed on the way before.
That bli king light show me shege. Only to discover it's sensor issue.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Absoj(m): 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
...las las na my Benz 203 na Im I go still go to.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by lonelydora: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
The transmission something, how true is it

Lies Lies Lies.

As long as you use DW-1t transmission oil, you are fine
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
lonelydora:

Lies Lies Lies.

As long as you use DW-1t transmission oil, you are fine
. Thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by drasob: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2019
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Themasthetic123: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
Am a proud owner of 2007 Honda accord (DC) 4 plugs. It's performance is excellent. It's reliable, fuel efficient, very comfortable and has good balance. Maintenance is relatively cheap and easy. Its a car I would recommend for my friends, business associates and family members. Will not recommend it for my enemy though... Will recommend a Renault, Lada, or an old vw toureg for my enemies.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by adanny01(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
benzmatic:

true talk I guess, many owners of the 4 cyl spec would swear by their cars, they are usually completely satisfied by it. Even some enthusiasts recommend driving the 4 cyl first before making a decision. I guess one has to drive both cars to really know. I haven't driven the 4 cyl before though, but the 6cyl has disc brakes front and rear, while the other has rear drum brakes, 240hp against 160hp also seems quite much when driving at extreme speeds, my bet is the 4cyl engine would be wailing by then. Both are excellent cars still.

Funny enough, the 4cyl never wails. Engines 2.0 down wails but not a 2.4.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by adanny01(m): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
abatically:

The LX and EX trims of the 4 cylinder have disc brakes, only the base dx comes with drum.

LX comes with drums

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by adanny01(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2019

If the OP could confess as to a Honda, what would he confess when he drives a 2005 Altima not to even talk of a 2008 altima? And I'm not talking about even the 3.5L V6 SE models.

truth is Japmobiles aren't designed to do a particular task, they're designed to do set of varying tasks satisfactorily.

In comparison, 2003-2007 Accord US has a 2.4L engine that produces 160-166hp and 197hp on the Accord Euro while 2002-2006 Altima has a 2.5L that produces 170-182hp.

The V6 counterparts, Accord has a 3.0L engine that produces 240-244hp and 255hp on the hybrid while the Altima has a 3.5L engine that produces 240-250hp.

Altima has a bigger engine.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by adanny01(m): 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
micklplus:

Truth but, the engines are still the same, no?

No

2.4L: K24A4 vs K24A8
3.0L: J30A4 vs J30A5

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by dubsy20(m): 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

my broda, it is not! so is it original parts that is being used on a Camry that will prevent the kleg? not at all my broda...

sienna Odyssey, hilux ridge line, Camry accord, hiace...... I don't even wanna know the Honda counterpart..... ask urself the simple and seemingly obvious question,

My brother....what can the righteous do?
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Conner44: 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2019
adanny01:

No

2.4L: K24A4 vs K24A8
3.0L: J30A4 vs J30A5

Please have you come across the 2.4L K24A6 range of Honda engines before? I purchased a new engine for my eod but later found out it’s not the regular K24A4 and if I go on google there’s never any mention of the K24A6 series.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by nurey(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2019
Conner44:

Please have you come across the 2.4L K24A6 range of Honda engines before? I purchased a new engine for my eod but later found out it’s not the regular K24A4 and if I go on google there’s never any mention of the K24A6 series.

pix of the engine.

Also are you sure it is not KA20A6?
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Conner44: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
nurey:

pix of the engine.

Also are you sure it is not KA20A6?

I had to buy a new engine as the former one lost much compression and was shorting oil. The car had no check engine lights at all and everything else works fine. Then came the change.

After mounting and fixing, the new engine started but was going off once you took your foot off the throttle so someone checked the timing and it seemed to be working fine.

After I started using it I noticed that if I switch on the ac and the car is idling it vibrates so badly that the whole car is shaking. The only way to stop the vibration is by increasing the idle speed (which isn’t proper). My usual idle is 700-800rpm but when I switch on ac it drops dangerously first and almost stalls the engine before rising to 600rpm steady but vibrating. I put in another iaac valve but the symptoms still persisted.

I also noticed that once the engine is properly warmed up after driving a distance and I come to a stop and switch to neutral the tachometer first settles at about 800rpm then if I don’t use the throttle after about 10seconds it settles down further to around 600rpm. My old engine never behaved this way. If I should switch on the ac at this point the engine usually stalls 90% of the time.

All the engine and transmission mounts are good because they were checked. I scanned and got two codes. P0341 (camshaft position sensor A), P0747 (Pressure control solenoid A stuck on)

I went online to find out the exact vehicle this engine was for but can’t seem to pinpoint it. Then if I go on Honda site they don’t even show specifications for this K24A6 range of engines.

When the Mech was Installing the engine he swapped the portion housing the water pump with my old engine because he said the new engine’s own wasn’t compatible. So I took out the water pump from the new engine and put it in my old housing to use (I’m talking about a unit on the K24 engine block which houses the water pump)

I just wish I could know what exact car used this engine so I can understand it better and know how to sort it’s codes. The only issue I’m having with it is that it vibrates with the ac and the idle speed not adjusting as it should.

Please do you know the symptoms of the balance shaft not functional on these K24 engines?

Gazzuzz
Piyke
adanny01
thebigkendo

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2019
Conner44:

I had to buy a new engine as the former one lost much compression and was shorting oil. The car had no check engine lights at all and everything else works fine. Then came the change.

After mounting and fixing, the new engine started but was going off once you took your foot off the throttle so someone checked the timing and it seemed to be working fine.

After I started using it I noticed that if I switch on the ac and the car is idling it vibrates so badly that the whole car is shaking. The only way to stop the vibration is by increasing the idle speed (which isn’t proper). My usual idle is 700-800rpm but when I switch on ac it drops dangerously first and almost stalls the engine before rising to 600rpm steady but vibrating. I put in another iaac valve but the symptoms still persisted.

I also noticed that once the engine is properly warmed up after driving a distance and I come to a stop and switch to neutral the tachometer first settles at about 800rpm then if I don’t use the throttle after about 10seconds it settles down further to around 600rpm. My old engine never behaved this way. If I should switch on the ac at this point the engine usually stalls 90% of the time.

All the engine and transmission mounts are good because they were checked. I scanned and got two codes. P0341 (camshaft position sensor A), P0747 (Pressure control solenoid A stuck on)

I went online to find out the exact vehicle this engine was for but can’t seem to pinpoint it. Then if I go on Honda site they don’t even show specifications for this K24A6 range of engines.

When the Mech was Installing the engine he swapped the portion housing the water pump with my old engine because he said the new engine’s own wasn’t compatible. So I took out the water pump from the new engine and put it in my old housing to use (I’m talking about a unit on the K24 engine block which houses the water pump)

I just wish I could know what exact car used this engine so I can understand it better and know how to sort it’s codes. The only issue I’m having with it is that it vibrates with the ac and the idle speed not adjusting as it should.

Please do you know the symptoms of the balance shaft not functional on these K24 engines?

Gazzuzz
Piyke
adanny01
thebigkendo

Researching your current engine.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by thebigkendo(m): 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2019
Conner44:

Gazzuzz
Piyke
adanny01
thbigkendo

From Googling around.. It seems the k24A6 is from the 3rd gen honda odyssey(JDM)

Are you sure the engine mounts were not "worked"..

Some years back a friend unknownly bought a 2004 accord with CRV engine installed.. He never enjoyed the car till he replaced the engine & tranny with the correct one

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
thebigkendo:

From Googling around.. It seems the k24A6 is from the 3rd gen honda odyssey(JDM)

Are you sure the engine mounts were not "worked"..

Some years back a friend unknownly bought a 2004 accord with CRV engine installed.. He never enjoyed the car till he replaced the engine & tranny with the correct one

can't even find the engine on Wikipedia sef
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by thebigkendo(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

can't even find the engine on Wikipedia sef

grin grin
https://www.precisionintl.com/Engine.aspx?ID=2468&EID=0

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Becoming A Seasoned Auto Mechanic And Automotive Engineer In Nigeria / How you can process doctor's report for tinted glass / Let's Talk About Flying Cars!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.