Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

A Must Read!! Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women – Research - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Must Read!! Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women – Research (560 Views)

Nigerian Girls Should Reduce The Time They Spend On Facebook & Instagram- Sultan / Spend Xmas In Ghana, Visit Exciting Places On A Low Budget / I Think People Should Stop Gossiping And Spoling Others People Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read!! Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women – Research by zumen(m): 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
Don’t tell anyone I told you this, and remember it’s just between you and me.

If anyone finds out, you are on your own,’ such is usually the intro or the concluding part of a gossip.

Men call it ‘mere discussion’ while women call it ‘gist’, but regardless of the colouration people try to give it, it is called gossip, defined simply as an idle talk between two or more persons, and usually about the affairs of others.

It can also be defined as a casual conversation about other people, typically involving their private lives and usually sweet to the hearing.

Women used to be seen as gossiping and spreading rumours but experts say men seem to be better gossip.

According to a study conducted by a global research company, Onepoll, men are not just the bigger gossips, they spend more time gossiping than women.

The story says men are more likely to expose the dirt about other people than women.

The study conducted by a global research company, Onepoll, found that men are happier when gossiping with their colleagues and that their contribution to the ‘chat’ gives them a feel of belonging.

The findings of the study were published on Telegraph Online. In the course of the study in which 5,000 people participated, it was found that men spend an average of 76 minutes gossiping with their friends while women spend just 52 minutes.

The study also found that while men prefer to exchange gossip in the office, mostly with their colleagues at work, women prefer to ‘confide in their friends’ while at home. Male participants in the study pointed out that topics that usually dominate their ‘discussion’ with their male colleagues or friends include women, female colleagues at work, especially the most attractive ones, salaries and their sexual relationships, while the female participants said they were usually interested in other women, family issues, in-laws and celebrities.

While one third of the male participants said they were usually in their happiest mood when gossiping with their colleagues, 58 per cent said gossiping gave them a sense of belonging while 31 per cent of the men said they preferred chatting with their partners to having sexual relationship.
Re: A Must Read!! Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women – Research by phabuloz(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
Well I think that's true cos I. Do like to talk with m guys about girls (is that included)
Re: A Must Read!! Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women – Research by zumen(m): 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
Correct.. Thanks for speaking out

(1) (Reply)

Charmian Gooch: Watchdog Of Corruption / The History Of Halloween In 20th Century / My Unborn Daughter's Marriage List!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.