Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,040 members, 7,953,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

(Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop (3107 Views)

RESOLVED! / Prices Not Encouraging On Konga Yakata / Konga Shares Rare Warehouse Pictures To Show Their Preparedness For Yakata 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 11:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Recall sometime last week somebody made a comparison between Konga and Jumia in which he favored Konga. I also shared my experience on that thread, which was quite objective.

Now here's a recent experience:

Last week Thursday I ordered an Asus x205ta netbook from Konga. I was looking to take my productivity up a notch, and that particular netbook offered an amazing 12hr battery life and weighed less than a kg.

Konga delivered the laptop on Monday of the following week which was this past Monday. The delivery guy forgot to come along with his point of sale machine, so I drove to the nearest ATM, and asked him to wait for me there. I withdrew money from the ATM, paid him and took the package back. Before he left, I asked him if there was any need to open and test the unit before letting him off, but he said that was not necessary as I could always call Konga if there was any issue. Well because this was a new device and I expected it to work flawlessly, I left.

On getting back, I unpacked the system - it was a beauty to behold, exactly the way I saw it online. All the reviews on the system were positive both on amazon and other major tech blogs. Reason why I settled for it.

So I plugged the system to an electric outlet, turned it on and was expecting a windows logo, but imstead it took me straight to the system BIOS setup. Being confident of my IT skills, I scoffed and said to myself "piece of cake". 2 hours later, I still couldn't get this system to boot to windows. Eventually I discovered that the 32gb ssd/flash drive that came with this unit could be faulty as no drive was listed from the boot section of the BIOS. I mean that could be the only explanation, and nothing else.

So naturally, I emailed Konga to notify them of the issue, but to my surprise, rather than send someone to retrieve the unit and probably replace it, they referred me to the Asus service center some where in Isolo. Now I have to state that I have never had any reason to return any of their products since I started shopping with them, so this was my first experience. I've only experienced that of Jumia which were handled excellently.

So I took this new device down to the Asus service center where they checked and told me to give them 10 days to order the parts and have it fixed. This didn't go down well with me but I succumbed as Konga people I've been speaking with weren't of any help.

I've spoken with different reps of Konga both on phone, email and online chats and they've insisted I wait it out for the laptop to be fixed.

My question is "am I not entitled to an immediate replacement or refund seeing that this laptop came dead on arrival?"

Now back to Jumia:
I've only had to request for a replacement on Jumia twice. The first was an Innjoo T1 tablet which I broke while trying to get into my car - I forgot I had it in my back pocket. I heard a crack and that was it. I told Jumia about it, they sent somebody to pick it up and sent a brand new replacement. I didn't speak to anyone on the phone, everything was done via email.

The second was a microwave that failed to heat up my food. They retrieved it, converted my money to an evoucher and asked that I reorder anything with it. But instead I asked for a refund and they sent it the following day - all without a single phone call conversation, just emails.

I'm still positive they (Konga) will do the right thing, and either replace or refund me, but the whole experience has left a rather nasty taste in my mouth, and it'll be very difficult to order my next item from them.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Seun

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Starships4u(m): 11:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
Online shoppers..... Ariaria no far abeg....

1 Like

Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 12:04am On Jun 21, 2015
Starships4u:
Online shoppers..... Ariaria no far abeg....
We have to move with the times abeg.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by hidee20(m): 12:16am On Jun 21, 2015
With time and as more competitors enter the market,cases like this will be done quickly and effectively.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2015
lacicrips

Good one.
but this is no comparison bro , As I've talked generally and not on personal issues, I think you should get that right. JUMIA has failed me of the same allegation. I think the only advantage you can have from JUMIA is only & If your state is among the claimed POD supported regions.

If not you are on your OWN. i still have my faulty Gas cooker over months with no one to pick up, How do you explain that. I think different stroke for different folks, We looking forward to the 3-5years as earlier mentioned by you. I pray they both get better.

Thanks.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 8:41am On Jun 21, 2015
Tolzeal:
lacicrips

Good one.
but this is no comparison bro , As I've talked generally and not on personal issues, I think you should get that right. JUMIA has failed me of the same allegation. I think the only advantage you can have from JUMIA is only & If your state is among the claimed POD supported regions.

If not you are on your OWN. i still have my faulty Gas cooker over months with no one to pick up, How do you explain that. I think different stroke for different folks, We looking forward to the 3-5years as earlier mentioned by you. I pray they both get better.

Thanks.
It depends on the way you look at it. Its mainly a personal experience with a little comparison as to how each company offers after sales support, which is honestly the most important part of any business. Several businesses have died because of this.

I agree, my experiences with Jumia may have turned out the way they did probably because I live in Lagos. Like every other business, with one success story, there are several others with terrible experiences.
Eventually they will get better if we keep holding them accountable to things like this. They either sit up or close shop.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 8:51am On Jun 21, 2015
lacicrips:

It depends on the way you look at it. Its mainly a personal experience with a little comparison as to how each company offers after sales support, which is honestly the most important part of any business. Several businesses have died because of this.

I agree, my experiences with Jumia may have turned out the way they did probably because I live in Lagos. Like every other business, with one success story, there are several others with terrible experiences.
Eventually they will get better if we keep holding them accountable to things like this. They either sit up or close shop.

Yea, Sure one
I think You better Be JUMIA ambassador on NL & Maybe me KONGA.

Lols Just kidding right now .
Happy Sunday bro.

Are you a father or wannabe?
Either of the two cases i wish you happy u fathers day bro.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 9:05am On Jun 21, 2015
Tolzeal:

Yea, Sure one
I think You better Be JUMIA ambassador on NL & Maybe me KONGA.

Lols Just kidding right now .
Happy Sunday bro.

Are you a father or wannabe?
Either of the two cases i wish you happy u fathers day bro.
I'd rather not. Jumia might decide to show me their true color tomorrow. You can never trust these companies, looks like they smoke skunk sometimes.

Thank you, wish you same. I'm a wannabe father.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2015
lacicrips:

I'd rather not. Jumia might decide to show me their true color tomorrow. You can never trust these companies, looks like they smoke skunk sometimes.

Thank you, wish you same. I'm a wannabe father.

Lol...grin .
God bless yoy hustle bro.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 6:04am On Jun 23, 2015
This issue has not been resolved yet, and I feel the need to start a massive online campaign awareness to get my voice heard. This is no way to run an ecommerce business, neither is it the way to treat a customer who has been a regular shopper prior to this.

Amazon.com, which their business is modelled after will not hesitate with issues like this, neither would Jumia their major competitor as I've dealt with them before and they take replacement/refund requests very seriously.

I'm no dummy, I run a marketing technology company and I know it's easier and cheaper to sell to an existing customer than it is getting a new one to buy - sadly, these people have failed to see this. A laptop that came dead on arrival, there should be no debate on this, I expected and I'm entitled to an immediate replacement or refund.

The parts for the Asus XT205ta is not available at the moment as I've personally gotten in touch with them. But Konga insists I wait for 10 days for the service center to fix the laptop. I got a text yesterday from the same service center that theres a scarcity of parts and there would be further delay. The simple truth is that there are no available parts for this laptop at the moment, not even the accessories.

Seun, lalasticlala, et al. Please do the right thing and push this thing to the homepage for me, this I believe is the only way to get their attention. No customer should be treated this way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 23, 2015
lacicrips:
We have to move with the times abeg.
and continue getting shat on??
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Profsin: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
lacicrips:
This issue has not been resolved yet, and I feel the need to start a massive online campaign awareness to get my voice heard. This is no way to run an ecommerce business, neither is it the way to treat a customer who has been a regular shopper prior to this.
Amazon.com, which their business is modelled after will not hesitate with issues like this, neither would Jumia their major competitor as I've dealt with them before and they take replacement/refund requests very seriously.
I'm no dummy, I run a marketing technology company and I know it's easier and cheaper to sell to an existing customer than it is getting a new one to buy - sadly, these people have failed to see this. A laptop that came dead on arrival, there should be no debate on this, I expected and I'm entitled to an immediate replacement or refund.
The parts for the Asus XT205ta is not available at the moment as I've personally gotten in touch with them. But Konga insists I wait for 10 days for the service center to fix the laptop. I got a text yesterday from the same service center that theres a scarcity of parts and there would be further delay. The simple truth is that there are no available parts for this laptop at the moment, not even the accessories.
Seun, lalasticlala, et al. Please do the right thing and push this thing to the homepage for me, this I believe is the only way to get their attention. No customer should be treated this way.

Hi Lacicrips, my name is Seyi and i work with Konga. Please provide the order number so i can look into it immediately.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
Profsin:

Hi Lacicrips, my name is Seyi and i work with Konga. Please provide the order number so i can look into it immediately.

F439660746001
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
*Update*
Konga has issued a refund to my wallet and are in the process of refunding to my bank account. We settled on this after we couldn't get a replacement as they were out of stock.

But unfortunately I had to do the wahala of going to Asus service center at Isolo to pick up the laptop, and then head to their drop off center at Yaba. The whole process has clearly defeated the purpose of ecommerce which is basically "convenience".

Advice:
1. I'd fire the Customer Experience Rep who caused this whole issue in the first place (I won't mention names), or at the very least enroll her in a sensitivity class or perhaps just send her to a completely different department. She has no clue what customer experience is. Her responses were just too cold and scripted, and major reason why I had to come open this thread. But hey, what do I know?

2. Take a cue from Jumia. Twice I've had issue, they sent their delivery guy to come pick up. The first was at my office in Victoria Island. The second was my home in one village like that in Lagos - that didn't stop them from sending a retrieval guy to come pick up the faulty item. I don't know how they're able to do this but it has obviously won my heart, and I will never think twice about ordering from them in the future.

I'll update this thread once the refund hits my account. Thank you Profsin for helping out with this.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
double post.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Lexusgs430: 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
Some of the strengths and Beauties of Nairaland!!!!

1 Like

Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 11:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
Why is KONGA scared of Homepage....; Dgrin
Thanks to profsin ....
.&Congrat Op...
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 5:19am On Jun 27, 2015
Konga is yet to make this situation right. They are yet to have my money transferred back to my account as promised. I'd expected them to have done this without any delay given what they've made me go through already. It's 2 weeks now they took my money, sent me a dead system, and made me go through unnecessary stress all in the name of shopping online.

Jumia sent me a refund the following day when I had issues with the Microwave oven I bought from them sometime last month. I have email evidences to this if anybody cares to see. I compare Konga and Jumia every time because the later did well by me, but Konga is finding it very difficult to see that this issue is resolved.

The next step would be to tweet the link to this thread at Simdul.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Buchukwu: 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
lacicrips:
Recall sometime last week somebody made a comparison between Konga and Jumia in which he favored Konga. I also shared my experience on that thread, which was quite objective.

Now here's a recent experience:

Last week Thursday I ordered an Asus x205ta netbook from Konga. I was looking to take my productivity up a notch, and that particular netbook offered an amazing 12hr battery life and weighed less than a kg.

Konga delivered the laptop on Monday of the following week which was this past Monday. The delivery guy forgot to come along with his point of sale machine, so I drove to the nearest ATM, and asked him to wait for me there. I withdrew money from the ATM, paid him and took the package back. Before he left, I asked him if there was any need to open and test the unit before letting him off, but he said that was not necessary as I could always call Konga if there was any issue. Well because this was a new device and I expected it to work flawlessly, I left.

On getting back, I unpacked the system - it was a beauty to behold, exactly the way I saw it online. All the reviews on the system were positive both on amazon and other major tech blogs. Reason why I settled for it.

So I plugged the system to an electric outlet, turned it on and was expecting a windows logo, but imstead it took me straight to the system BIOS setup. Being confident of my IT skills, I scoffed and said to myself "piece of cake". 2 hours later, I still couldn't get this system to boot to windows. Eventually I discovered that the 32gb ssd/flash drive that came with this unit could be faulty as no drive was listed from the boot section of the BIOS. I mean that could be the only explanation, and nothing else.

So naturally, I emailed Konga to notify them of the issue, but to my surprise, rather than send someone to retrieve the unit and probably replace it, they referred me to the Asus service center some where in Isolo. Now I have to state that I have never had any reason to return any of their products since I started shopping with them, so this was my first experience. I've only experienced that of Jumia which were handled excellently.

So I took this new device down to the Asus service center where they checked and told me to give them 10 days to order the parts and have it fixed. This didn't go down well with me but I succumbed as Konga people I've been speaking with weren't of any help.

I've spoken with different reps of Konga both on phone, email and online chats and they've insisted I wait it out for the laptop to be fixed.

My question is "am I not entitled to an immediate replacement or refund seeing that this laptop came dead on arrival?"

Now back to Jumia:
I've only had to request for a replacement on Jumia twice. The first was an Innjoo T1 tablet which I broke while trying to get into my car - I forgot I had it in my back pocket. I heard a crack and that was it. I told Jumia about it, they sent somebody to pick it up and sent a brand new replacement. I didn't speak to anyone on the phone, everything was done via email.

The second was a microwave that failed to heat up my food. They retrieved it, converted my money to an evoucher and asked that I reorder anything with it. But instead I asked for a refund and they sent it the following day - all without a single phone call conversation, just emails.

I'm still positive they (Konga) will do the right thing, and either replace or refund me, but the whole experience has left a rather nasty taste in my mouth, and it'll be very difficult to order my next item from them.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Seun

The time you wasted, why didn't you go to the market to purchase? You deserve what you get.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
Buchukwu:

The time you wasted, why didn't you go to the market to purchase? You deserve what you get.
That's fair.
I'm an early adopter... Have always shopped online, this was just a bad experience.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Ishilove: 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
I had just one experience with Jumia and I have to say that their customer service is top notch.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ishilove:
I had just one experience with Jumia and I have to say that their customer service is top notch.
Thank you. That's what I've been trying to tell everyone.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
*Update*
Konga credited my account last night.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 10:30am On Jul 02, 2015
lacicrips:
*Update*
Konga credited my account last night.

Congrat bro.grin
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by collins304: 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2016
Congrats Bro. I think however think Konga's customer service needs lessons from Jumia
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2016
Though it's an old post but from what i can understand from the post, it seems the laptop given to the op was free DOS, this laptops don't come with OS installed, the seller will be the one to install them and repackage it again.

in fact most of this new laptop carton have been open either to upgrade the configuration, install an OS if it's a free DOS or drive it so there won't be any problem when the buyer gets home.

I guess that was what konga failed to do.

one thing i have noticed about most Nigerian gadget sellers, they will never return your money, so don't even think about a refund, they can only help u to replace it or you add money to get another one.

Taking a gadget to service center to have always been a waste of time, some thing that can be done within 30mins you will be told to come after some days and if care is not taken that days will turn to months.

concerning the customer service, most company in Nigeria lack good customer service, I just pray they step up their game soon.
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2016
@Op it could be Karma working against you. Please tell us what you told Jumiia for them to replace the tablet. Personally i feel if your product gets damaged with you, na your error and dont undestand why Jumia should make a replacement. I believe this section spooked me oh.. Am ii stupid or wise for this?
Re: (Resolved) Konga.com Sold Me a Defective Laptop by lacicrips(m): 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
supersystemsng:
@Op it could be Karma working against you. Please tell us what you told Jumiia for them to replace the tablet. Personally i feel if your product gets damaged with you, na your error and dont undestand why Jumia should make a replacement. I believe this section spooked me oh.. Am ii stupid or wise for this?
I told them exactly what happened. There was absolutely no reason to lie whatsoever.

(1) (Reply)

Joint The New 3g Internet User B4 15th Nov. For Free / I Need Help To Run My Webcam In My Dell Studio Xps 1640 On Windows 7 / How To Open A Verified Paypal Account From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.