Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help (811 Views)

Check Your Cooling Systems After Acquiring That Tokunbo Vehicle / Hello Guru, I Need Your Experience On 02 Lexus Rx300 / Neeed Help On How To Replace Michelin Pax Tyres In Honda Odyssey Touring 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by delaw4u: 3:20am On Jun 21, 2015
Please help me on my 03 toyota camry
I just noticed that when the car sit for long time and try to start it it makes a griding sound I mean at cold start only
03 toyota camry le
2.4 liter engine
4cly
Auto
Pas any sugesstion from good technician or who has this experience before and how to fix it?, or what you think its the problem and how do I go abuot it
Help me
Tanx
Re: Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by mayor2013: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2015
To start with. What type of oil do you use?
Re: Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by DECOtech(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
delaw4u:
Please help me on my 03 toyota camry
I just noticed that when the car sit for long time and try to start it it makes a griding sound

-How long have you used this car?
-When last did you change the engine oil?
-What specification of oil was in it before?
-What specification of oil have you replaced it with?

I suspect inhibited flow of oil ranging btw reasons like:
-Thick oil (thicker than spec)
-Presence of engine sludge
-Failing oil pump (cld be clogged oil pump strainer filter)

Your answers to the above question would help us know how to guide you.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by delaw4u: 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
I brougt the car in last week saturday from port I have not change the oil but what I notice was that the oil did not gauge so I bought 1liter of oil from total to add when I start it sinces it seems grinding but have not change the oil I want to do that to see if that is what caused it,I have not drive the car sincrs I notice it the second day the car kanded,this happen after long sitting,please give the correct oil to use and ur solution to the problem
Tanx
Re: Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by mayor2013: 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
delaw4u:
I brougt the car in last week saturday from port I have not change the oil but what I notice was that the oil did not gauge so I bought 1liter of oil from total to add when I start it sinces it seems grinding but have not change the oil I want to do that to see if that is what caused it,I have not drive the car sincrs I notice it the second day the car kanded,this happen after long sitting,please give the correct oil to use and ur solution to the problem
Tanx

You haven't changed the oil yet you crusing the car. Its ok. The right spec of oil is 5W30
Re: Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by delaw4u: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2015
Not cruising thecar its been parked since it got to ny base,but could that caused? the grinding sound or what please tell me am changing the oil Thursday this week,tanx for your rply waiting to hear from u
Re: Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by earthrealm(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2015
its either its very low or oil....wch i doubt.
or the issue has been present b4 purchase...the seller might hv sold a bad car to u.

i advice you to change the oil...after driving it/warming for 15mins
search for 0w 30 oil konga/jumia stock it....or u can still use mobil 1 0w 40

then if the problem persists after the oil change...then it implies u have a bigger issue on ur hands..

on second tot...could it be the starter making the harsh sound?......pls confirm
Re: Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by leadknight123(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
if you want an engine oil with high detergent content to clean up the engine system, the valve seals and clear the sludge, I'll advise you get 5w-30 Royal purple. Whatsapp 08064885032 for info on how to get it.
Re: Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by dhemmyhardy(m): 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
@delaw4u if you need the 5w 30 manufacturer Recommended Engine
Oil you can contact me through my detail in my signature. we deliver nation wide

Dhemmyhardy
23/6/2015
Re: Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help by delaw4u: 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
There was nothing wrong with the car when I buy the car I suspect low oil

(1) (Reply)

Driving School In Owerri / Honda Has Started Recalling Their Latest Product Cr-vs-2016 Over Air Bag Issue / Car Battery Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.