Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Time To Stop Eating Sahur? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Time To Stop Eating Sahur? (8739 Views)

Rely only On Almighty Allah / An Honest Survey For Muslims. Take Your Time To Think And Then Respond. / I Slept Off Today Without Eating Sahur Can I Proceed?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by Gooci(m): 5:45am On Jun 21, 2015
salam aleikum. from my understanding, its when we hear second Adhan for FAJR prayer. i ws listening to a radio station, btw 5am and 5.30am, they made 4 adhan, i got confused because i had to abandone my food after hearing the 2nd Adhan(about 5.10am). i was confused when they anoda1 @ 5.15 and 5.30am respectively.
Pls whats the to stop as of currently
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by Sissie(f): 7:06am On Jun 21, 2015
Gooci:
salam aleikum. from my understanding, its when we hear second Adhan for FAJR prayer. i ws listening to a radio station, btw 5am and 5.30am, they made 4 adhan, i got confused because i had to abandone my food after hearing the 2nd Adhan(about 5.10am). i was confused when they anoda1 @ 5.15 and 5.30am respectively.

Wa alaikum Salam, where are you based?
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by Gooci(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2015
Sissie:

Wa alaikum Salam, where are you based?
Sango ota, Ogun state. time for fajir is 5.13am according to d app on my fone and pc.
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by POPdecorator: 11:51am On Jun 21, 2015
I think 5:03 or 5:05 is okey
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by sademola: 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
Gooci:

Depending on ur location. It's better u stop eating/drinking ten minutes before subhur. Allah knows best!
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by Gooci(m): 9:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
Jazakallahu Khairan
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by Gooci(m): 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
JazakAllahu Khairan

1 Like

Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by Zahrabinnta(f): 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jazakhallahu Khairan I think it depends on where you are based
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by orogodoganyin(m): 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
It really depends on where u r nd i'm not overly familiar with Ogun state in general.
that said, i think 5:00am. - 5:05am. should be generally safe for the western zone. why don't u ask an alfa around ur place?
p.s. a knowlegeable alfa is highly recommended
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by orogodoganyin(m): 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
Zahrabinnta:
Jazakhallahu Khairan I think it depends on where you are based
will u ever b back 2 ur diary?
like someday?
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by Zahrabinnta(f): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
orogodoganyin:

will u ever b back 2 ur diary?
like someday?
Lol, i hope so.I just don't live a very eventful life
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by orogodoganyin(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Zahrabinnta:
Lol, i hope so.I just don't live a very eventful life
buh u write well, honestly.
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by zekki: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2015
Abuja 5:05 am
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by usbcable(m): 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
where do you stay?
this question determines the timing.
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by usbcable(m): 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
usbcable:
where do you stay?
this question determines the timing.
this is from the App on my phone and the settings is for Lagos

Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by 16waydeh: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
But the above time is not fixed throughout the month. as at today 18th of Ramadan; Fajr is 5:20am , Suhur 12:51pm, Asr 4:18 pm, Moghrib 7:06pm and Isha 8:18pm but we should be careful about our sahur as this time are just speculation but reliable. therefore, I stop my sahur@ around 5:05am here in Lagos.
wallahu AhlamBut the above time is not fixed throughout the month. as at today 18th of Ramadan; Fajr is 5:20am , Suhur 12:51pm, Asr 4:18 pm, Moghrib 7:06pm and Isha 8:18pm but we should be careful about our sahur as this time are just speculation but reliable. therefore, I stop my sahur@ around 5:05am here in Lagos.
wallahu Ahlam
But the above time is not fixed throughout the month. as at today 18th of Ramadan; Fajr is 5:20am , Suhur 12:51pm, Asr 4:18 pm, Moghrib 7:06pm and Isha 8:18pm but we should be careful about our sahur as this time are just speculation but reliable. therefore, I stop my sahur@ around 5:05am here in Lagos.
wallahu Ahlam
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by Empiree: 10:03am On Jul 06, 2015
Gooci:
Qur'an is clear on the time to stop sahur. The time is not determined by call to salat as time differs. Qur'an says [2:187]

"It has been made permissible for you the night preceding fasting to go to your wives [for sexual relations]. They are clothing for you and you are clothing for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He accepted your repentance and forgave you. So now, have relations with them and seek that which Allah has decreed for you. [size=13pt]And eat and drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct to you from the black thread [of night].[/size] Then complete the fast until the sunset. And do not have relations with them as long as you are staying for worship in the mosques. These are the limits [set by] Allah , so do not approach them. Thus does Allah make clear His ordinances to the people that they may become righteous."

So all you have to do is step outside and look up. If you can distinguish day from night, stop eating.

What this means is that Allaah has allowed those who are fasting to eat and drink at night until he is certain that dawn has come. What is meant by the white thread is the day, and the black thread is the night.

Al-Haafiz said: What the verse means is until the whiteness of day can be distinguished from the blackness of night. This happens when the true dawn appears.

The words “of dawn” serve to explain what is meant by “the white thread” and there is no need to explain what is meant by the black thread because explaining the one makes it clear what is meant by the other. End quote.
islamqa

If they call the adhan, just step out and look up the sky, it's most likely dark still. So continue eating with due diligence.

Watch this. He explains further
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCq4aJnwozs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by 16waydeh: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
@goocy, that's true but not applicable in all location. more so, it will confuse most people cos of different environment with different weather(also where there's power supply). better still, look for those who knw about it in your locality (preferably Ahlul sunnah) or Application of Solat timing (an updated one) may also help. Wallahu Ahlam
Re: Time To Stop Eating Sahur? by benebaby77: 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Please moderators, I want this statement be removed on my profile. "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet."
I beg you for God's sake....
cc: Sissie , mukina2

(1) (Reply)

Value Your Time! / Effects Of Masturbation And Its Cure In Islam.. / Giving Zakatul Fitr With Money- Shaykh Albani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.