Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region (1117 Views)

Can A Muslim Brother Approach A Muslim Lady During The Ramadan Fasting / Ramadan Fasting; Saudi Arabia Announces Date For Commencement / 4 Practical Tips For Healthy Ramadan Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by kbams241: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2015
Subhanallah....China has banned civil servants, students and
teachers in its mainly Muslim Xinjiang region
from fasting during Ramadan and ordered
restaurants to stay open.
Most Muslims are required to fast from dawn
to dusk during the holy month, which began on
Thursday, but China's ruling Communist party
is officially atheist and for years has restricted
the practice in Xinjiang, home to the mostly
Muslim Uighur minority.
"Food service workplaces will operate normal
hours during Ramadan," said a notice posted
last week on the website of the state Food and
Drug Administration in Xinjiang's Jinghe
county.
Officials in the region's Bole county were told:
"During Ramadan do not engage in fasting,
vigils or other religious activities," according to
a local government website report of a meeting
this week.[code][/code] cry
www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/06/china-bans-ramadan-fasting-muslim-region-150618070016245.html
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by ramdris(m): 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
To me no need to make too much issue out of this. At least the government can't force food and drink down the throat of the fasting Muslims there. May Allah accept our deeds as an act of ibadah..

4 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by carinmom(f): 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
ramdris:
To me no need to make too much issue out of this. At least the government can't force food and drink down the throat of the fasting Muslims there. May Allah accept our deeds as an act of ibadah..
I was once told that d authorities over there force the Muslims to break their fasting, but don't know how authentic d story is.
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by vedaxcool(m): 7:37am On Jun 24, 2015
ramdris:

Why shouldn't an issue be made out of it? Civil servants are not allowed to fast, children are forced to eat, this sort of oppression is quite odious don't you think? People are jailed for disobeying this restriction, people are forced to renouce their faith because of the govt doesn't want religion, so why shouldn't we make an issue out it? This is something they have done consistently for 3 years since I stumbled across this cruel and inhumane treatement of muslims.

According to the Chinese government’s website, halal restaurants in Jinghe County, near the Kazakh border, were encouraged by food safety officials to stay open during day hours in Ramadan.

Chinese authorities have set restrictions on Uighur Muslims in the northwestern region of Xinjiang every Ramadan.

Officials are forced to give verbal as well as written assurances “guaranteeing they have no faith, will not attend religious activities and will lead the way in not fasting over Ramadan,” state media reported

In December 2014, China banned the wearing of Islamic veiled robes in public in Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang, a predominantly Muslim region.

Muslim shops and restaurants have also been ordered to sell cigarettes and alcohol or be shut down.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ramadan-2015-china-bans-fasting-uighur-muslims-1506512
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by Rilwayne001: 8:05am On Jun 24, 2015
I still don't understand what they are hoping to achieve from this.
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by usbcable(m): 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
CNN no dey see this kind oppression report for news
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by vedaxcool(m): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:
I still don't understand what they are hoping to achieve from this.

They want to banish Islam from the Muslims, by limiting the practice, it won't take long b4 people no longer know what being a Muslim is.
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by vedaxcool(m): 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
usbcable:

Sometimes one wonders whether organizations like these exist to blacken people they don't like or feel rivalry from.
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by footreja: 2:55am On Jun 25, 2015
usbcable:

Just as Al Jazeera also masks many harms done by Qatar-sponsored hamas.

2 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by dragnet: 5:25am On Jun 25, 2015
and the world keeps silent...
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by vedaxcool(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2015
footreja:

grin grin grin grin why does lies seeem to be the only truth you know? Al jazeera has severally repeated allegations against hamas

A UK-based international rights organisation has accused Hamas, a Palestinian group that governs the Gaza Strip, of committing atrocities against Palestinian political rivals during Israel's military offensive in the besieged territory last year.

In a report released on Tuesday, Amnesty International said that Hamas members carried out a campaign of abductions, torture, and extrajudicial killings against Palestinians accused of collaborating with Israel.

The human rights organisation said it based its allegations on a series of interviews with former detainees, prisoners' relatives, witnesses, activists, and journalists in Gaza.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/05/hamas-accused-war-crimes-gaza-war-150527045950777.html

Hillary Clinton Calls Al Jazeera 'Real News,' Criticizes U.S. Media

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday that Al Jazeera is gaining more prominence in the U.S. because it offers "real news" -- something she said American media were falling far short of doing.

Clinton was speaking before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and she said the U.S. is losing the "information war" in the world. Other countries and global news outlets, she said, were making inroads into places like the Middle East more effectively than the United States has. One of the reasons she cited for this was the quality of channels like Al Jazeera. The channel, she said, was "changing peoples' minds and attitudes. And like it or hate it, it is really effective." U.S. news, she added, was not keeping up.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/03/hillary-clinton-calls-al-_n_830890.html

But off course the opposite of CNN is not aljazeera, neither does the action of al jazeera explains that of CNN, but rather we see the resort to we doing it because so and so is doing it, pathetic, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by footreja: 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin why does lies seeem to be the only truth you know? Al jazeera has severally repeated allegations against hamas

But off course the opposite of CNN is not aljazeera, neither does the action of al jazeera explains that of CNN, but rather we see the resort to we doing it because so and so is doing it, pathetic, don't you think?

Oga stop posting huffingting post whatever link here. USA knows what she is doing, it's not yet time to break ties with oil-rich arab world. They know what they are doing , everything is politics. The Aljazeera link you posted reported allegations by amnesty international and the report is a ruse just to deceive ill-informed peeps like you that they are doing unbiased journalism. Its either you are not informed or just an hypocrite. I lived in arab land for more than 6 years and I had Aljazeera European staffs who were my friends and I have been to their studio in madinat khalifa almost opposite kfc in Doha, Qatar. I know their operations like the back of my hand. Let them report of visual assaults of hamas on their TV channel then we will know they are neutral. By the way , I say the truth , I don't do TAQIYYA unlike you guys.
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by vedaxcool(m): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
footreja:

The Aljazeera link you posted reported allegations by amnesty international and the report.

footreja:

grin grin Lol go and sin no more, the same mouth u use to make your allegations is the mouth u use to disprove your case.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by footreja: 2:53am On Jun 27, 2015
vedaxcool:

grin grin Lol go and sin no more, the same mouth u use to make your allegations is the mouth u use to disprove your case.

Reporting ''allegation against hamas'' is different from reporting ''the terror perpetrated by hamas''. English is not very hard bro. You need to brush up your comprehension skill.

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by vedaxcool(m): 4:39am On Jun 27, 2015
footreja:

[s]Reporting ''allegation against hamas'' is different from reporting ''the terror perpetrated by hamas''. English is not very hard bro. You need to brush up your comprehension skill[/s].

Face topic. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by footreja: 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
vedaxcool:

shocked shocked shocked Typical Islamic ignoramus, when cornered.
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by vedaxcool(m): 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
footreja:

[s] shocked shocked shocked Typical Islamic ignoramus, when cornered. [/s]
vedaxcool:

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by footreja: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin grin E pain am. Next time write intelligently, not all nairaland members can fall for your TAQIYYA ways of life. Bye

1 Like

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by vedaxcool(m): 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
footreja:

[s] grin grin grin grin grin E pain am. Next time write intelligently, not all nairaland members can fall for your TAQIYYA ways of life. Bye[/s]

Pele.

2 Likes

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by sino(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2015
This is very sad, and I think Muslim countries should do something, perhaps grant these Muslims asylum in their countries, settling and integrating them into their society, it's not going to be easy for these folks who should have the right to religion in their own land, but i think this could serve as a temporary solution till a better option is found for them. May Allah (SWT) assist the oppressed in this world ameen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by vedaxcool(m): 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
^
I think it is a good idea, but it should be a last resort if not we will be facilitating ethnic cleansing. We need to create awareness so that the 2 regimes in the middle east that are vying for each others destruction can atleast see how they have succeeded in lowering the status of Muslims in the world. Boycotts might be in order.
Re: China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Mainly Muslim Region by usermane(m): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
I believe China has gone too far and must be stopped, this isn't the first time. Any attempt by government to regulate individual private issues is inexcusable.

On the flipside, i believe Muslims need to look in the mirror and see the level of hypocrisy in their world. During Ramadan, UAE, Iran and a number of Muslim states forbid public eating even for non-Muslims. I have never heard any Muslim complain or question this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Change Your Caller Ring Back Tune From Music To Hadith. / What Will A Vegetarian Do With Salah Meats? / Two Saudi Scholars To Visit Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.