Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Siasia Invites Awoniyi,iheanacho And Six Others To The Under-23 Camp - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Invites Awoniyi,iheanacho And Six Others To The Under-23 Camp (763 Views)

Iheanacho And Nwakali Hang Out Together / Kelechi Iheanacho And Ogbodo, His Best Friend In A Club In Abuja (Photos) / Rohr, Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, Iheanacho And Other Players Training In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Invites Awoniyi,iheanacho And Six Others To The Under-23 Camp by peterd53(m): 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
Coach Samson Siasia has invited eight members of
the Flying Eagles to the Dream Team camp ahead of
next month’s game against Congo
Nigeria U23 handler Samson Siasia has invited
eight members from Manu Garba’s Flying Eagles to
the Dream Team V1 squad ahead of July’s Africa
U23 Championship.
Congo will attempt to stop the Nigerians from
qualifying from the competition which serves as
qualifier for the football event of the Rio 2016
Olympics.
Topping the list is Manchester City’s Kelechi
Iheanacho who enjoyed a little playing time at the
2015 Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand.
Others are captain Musa Muhammed, Taiwo
Awoniyi Kingsley Sokari, Saviour Godwin, Dele
Alampasu, Musa Yahaya and Moses Simon.
The are expected to resume training on Monday
while the foreign based players [Iheanacho, Simon,
Yahaya] will report two weeks to the first leg
scheduled for Abuja.
Meanwhile Siasia has dropped seven players from
his team after their 3-3 draw against Wikki Tourists
because they have not added value to his squad.
"I have given all these players enough time to
showcase what they can bring on the table, but I
am so disappointed that till this minute they still
have not been able to convince me, so they have to
give way for others to come and show me and my
technical crew what they can offer,” Siaone said.
“I thank them for their contribution to the success of
the team in the past, but we have to move on, if
they show signs of improvement in their clubs they
can be recalled back to the team."
The affected players are Sani Faisal, Lukmon
Gilmore, Emmanuel Ammana, Tonbara Tiongoli,
Freedom Omofonma, Uche Okeke and Gabriel
Sunday.
Re: Siasia Invites Awoniyi,iheanacho And Six Others To The Under-23 Camp by salt419(m): 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nice one 4rm Siasia
Re: Siasia Invites Awoniyi,iheanacho And Six Others To The Under-23 Camp by Folksyharry(m): 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
very good move
these boys need to be integrated into the senior team. I hope Siasia will manage them well
Re: Siasia Invites Awoniyi,iheanacho And Six Others To The Under-23 Camp by peterd53(m): 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
Folksyharry:
very good move
these boys need to be integrated into the senior team. I hope Siasia will manage them well

yh sia1 is d man. he is gonna bring out d best in nacho
Re: Siasia Invites Awoniyi,iheanacho And Six Others To The Under-23 Camp by sammie771: 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
Siasia ur head dey dere.Marnu garba na mumu.These guys are our future super eagles
Re: Siasia Invites Awoniyi,iheanacho And Six Others To The Under-23 Camp by mijestic: 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
Siasia should forget my boy Iheanacho. The lad has pre-season to attend with his club man-city. Do dey want to keep him on the bench again like Manu did? This is d question man-city will ask. I doubt his release. Good luck to the rest.

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Set To Sign Taiwo Awoniyi / Commonwealth Games: Durban Confirmed As 2022 Host City / Stop Blaming Costa (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.