Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

A Very Disturbing Trend On Nairaland. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Very Disturbing Trend On Nairaland. (695 Views)

What Is It With This "I Don't Give A F.**K." Trend On Nairaland? / Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. / Disturbing Trend About Sniper Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

A Very Disturbing Trend On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 22, 2015
To the creator and moderators on Nairaland, this may not make so much sense to you or probably it may not be a cause for concern to you but take note before it degenerates to something else. I truly understand that this is a forum where people air their views, opinions, advices and sometimes grievances but there should be decorum and mutual respect for every member no matter the ethnic or tribal origin. There's freedom of speech but trust me there's no absolute freedom of speech. Words spoken can not be retrieved and words travel far and can be acted upon by the hearer or reader either negatively or positively. Words had a great impact on the genocide in Rwanda for example. Words spoken on the radio (which was the social media at the time). Words which created unimaginable hatred between people who once saw each other as brothers. I don't live in Nigeria but every day I go on Nairaland and I'm greatly disturbed by the ethnic and tribal issues going on there. Most topics are derailed by individuals who decide not to be constructive in their comments. These actions may seem harmless now but the trend and followers are growing day by day. It won't take long before the seeds of discord been sown digitally manifest itself otherwise. I'm asking for a stop to it by whichever way possible and you moderators have a lot to do except you're all part of the trend.
God bless our great country Nigeria and every Nairalander.

3 Likes

Re: A Very Disturbing Trend On Nairaland. by EverestdeBliu(m): 5:16am On Jun 22, 2015
Nice post...it'll be nicer if acted upon positively.
Re: A Very Disturbing Trend On Nairaland. by maxxx(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2015
Seconded... Their are too many ethnic bigots on nairaland and gradually they are poisoning the minds of members.I have never seen a forum where so much hate is spewed.nairaland is supposed to be our bastion of strength,where we exchange information and ideas to move ourselves and country forward.but what do we turn it into?a bashing ground.pls pls moderators I beg u guys now is the time to act before these acts seeps deep into our national conscience. I shudder to think of the consequences. Rwanda will be a child's play.thanks.
Re: A Very Disturbing Trend On Nairaland. by yorex2011: 8:05am On Jun 22, 2015
I completely agree with the OP. #SayNoToTribalBigotry #OneNigeria..
Re: A Very Disturbing Trend On Nairaland. by Sveen: 9:11am On Jun 22, 2015
Op, whenever you stumble on such post, kindly use the report button and the victims shall be sanctioned.

Cc. ishilove
Re: A Very Disturbing Trend On Nairaland. by Ishilove: 9:42am On Jun 22, 2015
Sveen:
Op, whenever you stumble on such post, kindly use the report button and the victims shall be sanctioned.

Cc. ishilove
Op, just as sveen has said, please use the report button. There's a fellow krackenhause who has been very helpful in that area. Please use the report button or just mention the names of the supermods and they will deal with the erring post/ers.

Eg:cc Lalasticlala, Ishilove, obinoscopy

(1)

Checkout Dis Incredible Picture Which Was Never Photoshopped / Non - Muslims, Be Careful When You Say "As-salamu Alaykum" / For Ladies Only 10 Important Life Decisions You Should Make For Your Own Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.