Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Honda Reports Eight Death In Exploding Air Bags - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Reports Eight Death In Exploding Air Bags (576 Views)

New Car Crushes Retiree Owner To Death In Nsukka / 10 Of The Lowest Rated Cars In 2017 – Consumer Reports / Air Bags Sign And Other Warnings On Dashboard, Can It Be Fixed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Reports Eight Death In Exploding Air Bags by justpresh(m): 11:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Please fellow nairalanders your safety is at heart!

Japanese automaker Honda today confirmed a new death linked to an exploding air bag crisis -- bringing the global total to eight fatalities -- that has sparked the recall of millions of vehicles.

The company said a woman in Los Angeles died in September last year after the faulty inflator in a 2001 Honda Civic ruptured, firing metal shrapnel at her.

I've never fancied honda cars one bit.... Too much problems.
Please be extra careful if you do own a honda car.

Re: Honda Reports Eight Death In Exploding Air Bags by AirstarKane(f): 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Wow!!! Person will sha die one way or the other sha. It's inevitable shocked
Re: Honda Reports Eight Death In Exploding Air Bags by lonelydora: 11:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
And you forgot that Toyota, which I know you hype, recalled some models sometime ago because of sticky pedal or so.

Well, one thing must kill a man. Man die go woman born again.

1 Like

Re: Honda Reports Eight Death In Exploding Air Bags by bravolad(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2015
Some weeks ago, I was driving behind a Honda Accord, suddenly, I saw something like a balloon popping up in front with the driver struggling to control the car. Thankfully, he was not on speed. When he stopped, I packed to check what the problem was! Alas, it was the passenger's side airbag that deployed.

I was surprise how that could happen. I doubt it's peculiar to Honda. Perhaps, a malfunction in the system, factory defect or someone tampered with the sensors.
Re: Honda Reports Eight Death In Exploding Air Bags by Stancity(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2015
bravolad:
Some weeks ago, I was driving behind a Honda Accord, suddenly, I saw something like a balloon popping up in front with the driver struggling to control the car. Thankfully, he was not on speed. When he stopped, I packed to check what the problem was! Alas, it was the passenger's side airbag that deployed.

I was surprise how that could happen. I doubt it's peculiar to Honda. Perhaps, a malfunction in the system, factory defect or someone tampered with the sensors.
That was funny but then all thanks to God he wasnt driving close to a Bugatti or going on high speed behind a trailer, it could have been a diff story.

(1) (Reply)

Car Floor Issues. Please Help. / Need Advise On A Deployed Airbag / What Do You Do When You Have A Blow Out Tyre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.