Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers (1748 Views)

Man Sells His Wife And Daughter To Ritualists For N270K In Lagos. Photos / Man Tries To Sell His Father’s House After Hot Sex With Calabar Woman / Boy Sells Father’s Vehicles Worth N7.5m For N350,000 –NDLEA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by egoldman(m): 1:35am On Jun 23, 2015
A 45-year-old man, Olusanya Ajala, has been arrested for allegedly selling a house bequeathed to him and his three siblings to two different buyers.

Ajala was said to have sold the property to a businesswoman, Anita Ojuola, and one other buyer, whose name had yet to be ascertained.

It was learnt that Ajala sold the house to Ojuola without the consent of his sisters.

Our correspondent learnt that the building, which comprises eight rooms and three boys’ quarters, is located on Ajala Close in the Ijaiye area of Lagos.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Ojuola had shown interest in the house, and was introduced to the suspect by an estate agent. The two parties were said to have negotiated and subsequently agreed on N3.5m.

Anita reportedly paid N1m into a bank account provided by the suspect on March 9 with a promise to pay the balance towards the end of April. It was gathered that Ajala issued a forged power of attorney to the woman to signify her ownership of the property.

Trouble was said to have started when the suspect shelved appointments to meet Ojuola and refused to pick her calls. It was learnt that Ojuola, who demanded to see his siblings before she would pay the N2.5m balance, eventually met the suspect a month after.

Our correspondent was told that Ojuola discovered that the house had been sold to another person, who had started renovating it.

She said, “Before I made payment, my lawyer, the agent and I met with him and requested proof of ownership. The lawyer interviewed him and asked him to produce all necessary documents. He produced a document indicating that he has the power of attorney to sell the house and the lawyer told me to go ahead with the payment.

“On March 9, I made a transfer of N1m to his bank account. I asked Mr. Olusanya (Ajala) on three occasions to take us to the house and introduced me to the tenants that the house had been bought, but he refused. The agent and I finally met with him on April 14. We insisted that he take us to the house. On getting there, we learnt that he had sold the house to someone else since March 20.”

Upon the discovery, the matter was reported at the Ijaiye-Ojokoro Police Station, leading to Ajala’s arrest.

One of Ajala’s sisters, Mrs. Aduni Ojelabi, said the family had no hand in the sale of the property to Ojuola.

She said, “The house needed renovation and I called other family members to contribute money. When they refused, we decided to sell it on March 20 for N6.8m. Our agent collected N1.8m while the lawyer got N60,000. Four of us shared the remaining amount. I was surprised to hear that he (Ajala) had sold it to someone else.”

A police prosecutor, ASP Lugard Ahonle, brought the suspect – who had reportedly confessed to have obtained the forged power of attorney from an expert – before an Ojokoro Magistrate’s Court on nine counts bordering on fraud and forgery.

The charges read in part, “That you, Olusanya Ajala, and one other at large, on March 9, 2015, at about 2pm, at the Ajala Area of Ijaiye-Ojokoro, Lagos, in the Ikeja Magisterial District, did conspire to commit felony to wit: obtaining money under false pretences.

“That you, and one other at large, on the same date, time and place, with intent to defraud one Anita Ojuola, by obtaining from her through mobile money transfer, the sum of N1m under the false pretences of selling your father’s house on Ajala Close.

“That you and one other at large did forge a power of attorney with intent to commit felony.”

The defendant pleaded guilty to the charges.

During a hearing on Monday, the presiding magistrate, Mrs. T. Akani, told the defendant to refund the money or get jailed.

The case was adjourned till July 27, 2015, for report of settlement.

Copyright PUNCH.

source >>>> http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/man-sells-fathers-house-to-different-buyers/

Na the man be this below .

Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 23, 2015
. . . . This reminds me of a sign I saw on a building recently 'THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF 419 AND ESPECIALLY MY SON ......... (won't like to mentioned the name, don't want the thread to turn to an ethnic battleground!)' God Save Nigeria(ns)!!!

1 Like

Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by jeffizy(m): 1:59am On Jun 23, 2015
"Agbojulogun f'ara e f'osi ta" .

Where do I begin to translate that now. grin
I will try.
***A man that puts his entire hopes on inheritance risks eventual poverty**
Lol. I try ba?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by jeffizy(m): 2:01am On Jun 23, 2015
To think that man with his akpors looks has seen a million alert on his phone before. grin

1 Like

Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by egoldman(m): 2:21am On Jun 23, 2015
With the look on that guy's face , am not sure i enter into any deal with him oooh cheesy cheesy
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by ORACLE1975(m): 3:01am On Jun 23, 2015
This guy dey locky ni..am sure say him be PDP.
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by Nobody: 3:17am On Jun 23, 2015
modelmike7:
. . . . This reminds me of a sign I saw on a building recently 'THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF 419 AND ESPECIALLY MY SON ......... (won't like to mentioned the name, don't want the thread to turn to an ethnic battleground!)' God Save Nigeria(ns)!!!
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by madridguy(m): 4:06am On Jun 23, 2015
Iranu.
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 23, 2015
Dis 1 na real omo ale jati jati
grin
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by egoldman(m): 6:19am On Jun 23, 2015
The guy looks "sofistikateedi" sha cool cool
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2015
egoldman:
With the look on that guy's face , am not sure i enter into any deal with him oooh cheesy cheesy
you are right about that.
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by jaybee3(m): 6:28am On Jun 23, 2015
Adufetohposh:
you are right about that.

No be by look oooo

I fit sell you one of the presidential Jet sef
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 23, 2015
from the sufferingsticated tribe. see as the man even dey. mtcheeeeeeeeew.
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 23, 2015
jaybee3:

No be by look oooo

I fit sell you one of the presidential Jet sef
hehehhehe grin u are good to look @ so I will definitely do business with u sir wink
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by obinnafred(m): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2015
He look cute grin grin grin na opposite ooo grin grin
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by dre11(m): 8:01am On Jun 23, 2015
The guy wowo no be small
Re: ( Pic) Man Sells Father’s House To Different Buyers by andyanders: 9:50am On Jun 23, 2015
I cannot drop a dime to such a malnourished man.The guys messed up. How can you drop 1 million naira to someone that is in this condition. How can he get the money to pay back? Too bad for them.

(1) (Reply)

A Man Having 5ex With Animals In Washington (see Photos) / Father From Hell Impregnates 13-year-old Daughter / Man Who Killed Business Partner In Delta Begs For Forgiveness From The Ghost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.