Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,979 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? (1233 Views)

Help !! I'm New On Nairaland...i Need Orientation O!!! / The First Thread On Nairaland In 2016!!! / The Highest Viewed Thread On Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by haconjy(m): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
I don't know what I did to nairaland that has has deny my thread topic in front page.

I tried all my best to get so many life impacting topics into this site and so many times i compose my self ( and others) but still I never, never, once enter the page.

And what baffled me most was that I saw so many irrelevant topic in front page.

I don't really know where nairaland is impacting positively on life of the members if they deny some topics front page only to allow entertainment news.

I don't know either there is benefit attached to front page but the fact still remain that nairaland is becoming an entertainment website than positive impacting life site.

Of cause I know that this topic will also not be in front page but if Mr. Seun does find some betterment modulators to this website then it may divert from its objectives.
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by angieberry(f): 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
Eyah, but is there any award for hitting front page?
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by MosakuAW(m): 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Go and pay your "Tax" and your topic will make front page

Hope you know the meaning of my tax in quote.

There is no reward for front page topic, if there is any MODs will be swimming in millions.

Infact MODs go don turn politicians collecting estacode.
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by angieberry(f): 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Okay I just looked through your topics and I can vaguely remember some of them being on the front page. So, either others posted them before you or you're just unlucky undecided
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by gabazin080(m): 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
@ OP. comot eye for front page, no awards for it. no mind the mumu mods jare, FP na politics, na only dem own topic they make FP even when someone created the FP worthy topic before them.
Make I talk my mind, I no just like that lalasticlala cus him high service too much. na him topic they plenty pass for FP

1 Like

Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by Khd95(m): 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
Wetin ur thread dy find for front pagegrin

nairaland mods dem sef don chop kawa,dem qo kick ur thread cormot like say na jabulani
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by Skillfullulu(m): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
There is one thing I know, hard work that is. Never relent effort cos one day u'll Make it.
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by haconjy(m): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
angieberry:
Okay I just looked through your topics and I can vaguely remember some of them being on the front page. So, either others posted them before you or you're just unlucky undecided

i guess so too but what of otherss

i dont need money or whatever am only telling u that some pple are deny some info that may help them in future. lastly its not only me but others ttoo
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
First of all you should understand that it is the super mods not the sectional mods that move topics to the home page.

Now, It all depends on the section you are posting on.
Threads on sections like politics and crime make front page faster because most of those threads are like breaking news. So the super mods send them to the front page o time so people will get the information as soon as possible.

Now for a threads to make front page in other sections one thing you should bear in minds is this; The threads have to be interesting, something that would garner views and make people comment.
It could be informative, it could be funny but it must be something that catches the eye.

That being said, these days it seems the super mods prefer threads that have links on them. That's mainly because they are protecting against plagiarism of other peoples posts from other websites and blogs.
So for a topic you made up yourself to make front page, it has to be really good.

There is also a certain amount of posts a thread has to have before it is moved. It all depends on the discretion of the super mods though.

Lest I forget, always cross check through the front page to see if your topic has already made front page before you post it.

For threads on information, its always first come first serve. The first person to post the information gets his/her thread on front page.

So if you have a nice topic, just tag the super mods. This would allow them to see your thread and if it is front page worthy, they will move it.

I have gone through most of your threads. It seems you always post in the general section. Why not try to post in the sub sections for a change.

Also, most of you threads are breaking news threads. Perhaps you normally post them late. Like I said, it's first come first serve. The first person to post the topic gets his on the home page.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
MosakuAW:
Go and pay your "Tax" and your topic will make front page

Hope you know the meaning of my tax in quote.

There is no reward for front page topic, if there is any MODs will be swimming in millions.

Infact MODs go don turn politicians collecting estacode.

What do you mean by "pay your tax"
Please stop insinuating rubbish.

If you are ignorant of something, the best thing to do is to keep shut, instead of propagating lies.
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by MosakuAW(m): 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
misssclassy:

What do you mean by "pay your tax"
Please stop insinuating rubbish.

If you are ignorant of something, the best thing to do is to keep shut, instead of propagating lies.

Lady or na Girl i go call you! hope dog no bite you sha.

I dont know why you quote me when you dont know what i mean tax. You could have simply ask.

You sense of humour is low.

Be careful oooo. See who is not ignorant....

Yeye dey smell.
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by gabazin080(m): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
misssclassy:
First of all you should understand that it is the super mods not the sectional mods that move topics to the home page.

Now, It all depends on the section you are posting on.
Threads on sections like politics and crime make front page faster because most of those threads are like breaking news. So the super mods send them to the front page o time so people will get the information as soon as possible.

Now for a threads to make front page in other sections one thing you should bear in minds is this; The threads have to be interesting, something that would garner views and make people comment.
It could be informative, it could be funny but it must be something that catches the eye.

That being said, these days it seems the super mods prefer threads that have links on them. That's mainly because they are protecting against plagiarism of other peoples posts from other websites and blogs.
So for a topic you made up yourself to make front page, it has to be really good.

There is also a certain amount of posts a thread has to have before it is moved. It all depends on the discretion of the super mods though.

Lest I forget, always cross check through the front page to see if your topic has already made front page before you post it.

For threads on information, its always first come first serve. The first person to post the information gets his/her thread on front page.

So if you have a nice topic, just tag the super mods. This would allow them to see your thread and if it is front page worthy, they will move it.

I have gone through most of your threads. It seems you always post in the general section. Why not try to post in the sub sections for a change.

Also, most of you threads are breaking news threads. Perhaps you normally post them late. Like I said, it's first come first serve. The first person to post the topic gets his on the home page.
I guess u are one of them. wey u get time details preach this sh1t. all we know is FP is politics
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
gabazin080:
I guess u are one of them. wey u get time details preach this sh1t. all we know is FP is politics

Shut up. Front page isn't just politics.
I made front page 3 times in a single day with my former moniker, and I never posted a topic about politics.
Not that this was an achievement or anything, but I am just using it to debunk your baseless claim.
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by gabazin080(m): 7:07am On Jun 24, 2015
misssclassy:

Shut up. Front page isn't just politics.
I made front page 3 times in a single day with my former moniker, and I never posted a topic about politics.
Not that this was an achievement or anything, but I am just using it to debunk your baseless claim.
is that the reason why you have to tell someone husband and father to shut? This your moniker doesn't fit you, remember I once asked if you posted it or someone else did, the first time I saw you posted something that makes sense, but now am not surprised you have gone back to your old self. thank God am in good mood this morning so I don't have your time
Re: Nairaland: I Have Never See Any Of My Thread On Front Page. Do I Deserve It? by Shininstar30(f): 12:46am On Aug 04, 2015
Am having same issue/challenge here

(1) (Reply)

Man2man=gay, Man & Transgender Woman=.....? / Open University Compared To Polytechnic Which Is More Advisable? / 100 Amazing Business Ideas In The Agricultural Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.