Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Application For I Phone - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Application For I Phone (795 Views)

Job Opportunity For I.T/programmers/sql/database Guys / Helloworld Java Application For Beginers / How Do I Create Application For Ingenico 5100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Application For I Phone by Skywalker5(m): 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2009
Hello Everyone
   I am new to the programming world.i am more of the network and hardware  type.I am currently study my masters and i have been given a project to write an application for I Phone.The fact is i dont know anything for now about programming.The good news is that i have enough time to study ahead for the project.

Programmers in the house.What do you think i need to study on concerning this project and what type of application do you think i can develop without much of a huge stress since i am a rookie to this

Any1 who can give me links to download j2me and other related product to study online is welcome

Please gimme reply
Re: Application For I Phone by paule: 6:53am On Feb 27, 2009
Sky-walker, Where are u studying and which discipline. This shouldn't be a challenge at all, recently a 9 yr old Malaysian boy wrote a graphic programme  in Iphone for his younger sister you too can do the same. You can develop game, network, graphic app using J2ME. go to www.4shared.com and download 'Apress beginning j2ME from novice to professional and other related bks. Good luck
Re: Application For I Phone by femu(m): 7:41am On Feb 27, 2009
J2me is not supported on the iPhone so count it out.U can mail me for real assistance at     femu_2001@yahoo.com or 08034209301
Re: Application For I Phone by Skywalker5(m): 8:15am On Feb 27, 2009
Studying computer networking in uk.I thought its all gonna be ip address and stuffs like that oo before i was given this project and i dont know anything about programming on iphone

plz any useful information will be appreciated
Re: Application For I Phone by Skywalker5(m): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2009
I downloaded Apple SDK only for me to find out it was for mac operating system.Is there anyway this can work on windows?
Re: Application For I Phone by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2009
To write an Iphone app, look into Cocoa, Objective C, C++
Re: Application For I Phone by fatezy(m): 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2009
can java or vb.net be used to write iphone codes
Re: Application For I Phone by logica(m): 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2009
Re: Application For I Phone by Kobojunkie: 5:25am On Feb 28, 2009
fatezy:

can java or vb.net be used to write iphone codes

Nope! I think Java maybe but not vb.net. You can use c++.
Re: Application For I Phone by logica(m): 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2009
the iphone is yet 2 have a jvm => no java.
Re: Application For I Phone by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2009
If you search, you will find ways people have used to get Java to work on Iphones. Many no official JVM but I believe there have been some successes in getting Java to run on iphones. Even C# .NET code to run on it.

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/dotnet-developments/mono-brings-c-to-the-iphone-wii/
Re: Application For I Phone by logica(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2009
Since the iPhone OS is a stripped down version of OSX which is based on BSD - UNIX (Free-BSD and NetBSD), it is not impossible to have hacks for Java and .NET (by way of Mono). But these are hacks as I mentioned, and I will not recommend them especially to someone as the author of this thread (being a newbie), as you will likely brick your iPhone.
Re: Application For I Phone by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2009
Try it first, before you write it off as being unsafe for newbies! The Hacks have been available for some time now and apparently their seems to be developers using it and loving it. It does not have to be from SUN does it? As long as it allows you use your language of choice to code, that is most all that matters, in my opinion.
Re: Application For I Phone by logica(m): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2009
lol. anything beyond the SDK from apple is potentially unsafe (unofficial). all can potentially cause a brick (even the process of jail-breaking). for the kind of work the thread starter wants 2 do, it's best he sticks with official APIs (and not something like the tool-chain or the like).

(1) (Reply)

Why Dont You Grab This Opportunity! / Software Engineering Tips / I Need Help Pls On My Php Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.