Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,446 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

My Worst Banking Experience. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Worst Banking Experience. (1004 Views)

Which Nigeria Bank Has The Worst Customers Service? / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / TOP 5 BANKING EXPERIENCE (Share Yours) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Worst Banking Experience. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
I went into the bankhall of acess bank hours ago to withdraw from my account after their sick ATM won't spit out cash **typical of Nigeria banks**.

I'd lost my account details with my previous phone, I reported to the customer attendant and he asked for my name and mobile number...I provided him and the very incompetent banker gave me my dad's account number instead(I bear same name with my dad),he obviously didn't look properly to see mine had an extra name.

Unknown if what awaited me,I went to the counter and gave them the slip I'd filled with wrong account number I was given.

To cut short the story...they called the security on me and even called in the crime investigation team cus the account had dad's face and the signature I'd provided was different.

Silly immature bankers won't even listen and hear me out,they were just bend on tagging me a thief and possibly make the newspapers' headlines tomorrow.

What surprised me more was how other customers were quick to pass judgment on me...they started raining abuses on me...nawa oo,I've never been so humiliated and disgraced. sad
I weep for this country,very pathetic and annoying lots around.

At last,they verified the whole issue with my mobile number I provided and had to bury their head in shame when they discovered I have an account with them and it has same name with dad with an exception of the middle name.

Apologies soon started swimming in, as if that wasn't enough, the nonchalant banker who had first raised alarm without proper verification, had to give me 50naira bills for the large sum of cash I'd come to withdraw as if to make me more agitated...very silly of Nigeria bankers and the failed banking system.

To ship in more,i did the Bvn ish today with the account number I was given and my dad said he has done the bvn for same account weeks ago.Why didn't they notice when I was repeating the process with different details does it mean our banks just carry out actions without due processes,meaning someone else can go change my account details too right
There's more trouble for this people, we'll see.

The battle continues,they've got to compensate me for image damage.Meanwhile, share your own hurtful experiences.
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
cc: lalasticlala seun
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by demmy0325(m): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
grin grin grin.. In their minds.. Those bank official guys don find scapegoat.. God save U op..

If its jungle justice now.. We know the rest.... undecided
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Tallesty1(m): 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
Op abeg permit me to.............................

Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by marshalcarter: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
In tuface voice#ayam callin you OLE...cos you wanna steal ma cash away#

Pele
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Vivly(f): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
O boi. Sorry o. #onlyinNigeria.
I dedicate this fela's song to you.
You be thief (I no be thief)
You be rogue (I no be rogue)
You dey steal (I no dey steal)
You be robber (I no be robber)You be
armed robber (No be armed robber)
I no be thief (You be thief)
I no be rogue (You be rogue)
I no dey steal (You dey steal)
I no be robber (You be robber)
I no be armed robber (You be armed
robber)
[Chorus]
Argument, argument!
Argument, argument, argue
Them argue
Everbody dem argue
Them dem dem argue
Up and down them argue
Everbody dem argue
Them dem dem dem argue
Yes yes, them argue
Everbody dem argue
Argument about stealing
Somebody don take something
Wey belong to another person
Then you go hear:
You be thief (I no be thief),
On top of the road, on the side
People dey waka
Office workers, labourer workers, workers'
workers
Them go dey waka
Inside bus them go dey
Motorcycle them dey ride
Plenty, plenty crowd
Inside this crowd
Sometimes for one corner
Sometimes for one street
You go dey hear: ha ha!
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
Tallesty1:
Op abeg permit me to.............................

oboy if you know as I dey vex en,you nor go laugh.

it was total image damage and humiliation. imagine I was trying to explain and 3 bankers were shouting shut up! keep quiet! liar! from different angles couple with customers in queue shouting thief! lock am up! oleh!

mhen! sad
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
Vivly:
O boi. Sorry o. #onlyinNigeria.

just imagine!

I know if I was in school and this happened, I won't have wasted time to file a suit all in the name of I'm a foreigner and they are trying to oppress me but I'm on holiday and in my own country #rubbish sad
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by JoeCutie(m): 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kizmarty:

just imagine!

I know if I was in school and this happened, I won't have wasted time to file a suit all in the name of I'm a foreigner and they are trying to oppress me but I'm on holiday and in my own country #rubbish sad
So because you're in your country, you think you can't file a suit? Think again, bro. Of course you can file a suit, but would you? I know you wouldn't. You wouldn't dare! You see...we are suffering in this country. This is a country where the citizens do not have rights - more like, we do not know our rights. My brother, if you had the nerve to file a suit against that branch of the Bank and you have very able people solidly behind you, I swear the kind of money they'd pay to you for damages ehn, you sef go begin go dey find trouble up & down for every bank. cheesy

You don't have to be in heaven to be able to file a suit. You can do it even from the comfort of your room. But you see...we don't know our rights, and we don't fight for our rights. Suffice it, we have no rights in this country.

Naija! embarassed

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
JoeCutie:
So because you're in your country, you think you can't file a suit? Think again, bro. Of course you can file a suit, but would you? I know you wouldn't. You wouldn't dare! You see...we are suffering in this country. This is a country where the citizens do not have rights - more like, we do not know our rights. My brother, if you had the nerve to file a suit against that branch of the Bank and you have very able people solidly behind you, I swear the kind of money they'd pay to you for damages ehn, you sef go begin go dey find trouble up & down for every bank. cheesy

You don't have to be in heaven to be able to file a suit. You can do it even from the comfort of your room. But you see...we don't know our rights, and we don't fight for our rights. Suffice it, we have no rights in this country.

Naija! embarassed

my point was different, I meant...if I was away,I would've taken it as oppression on a foreigner and who says I'm not filing a suit?

the story has just began,I plan to bring those bankers on their knees, imagine the humiliation sad
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by JoeCutie(m): 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kizmarty:

my point was different, I meant...if I was away,I would've taken it as oppression on a foreigner and who says I'm not filing a suit?

the story has just began,I plan to bring those bankers on their knees, imagine the humiliation sad
Good, but be careful. Let us know when it all starts going down.

And...Good luck; you'd need it more than anything. You're in Nigeria. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Vivly(f): 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Please Sue. If you need a lawyer, I'll recommend one for you for free. The recommendation free, not the lawyer.

3 Likes

Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
Vivly:
O boi. Sorry o. #onlyinNigeria. I dedicate this fela's song to you. You be thief (I no be thief) You be rogue (I no be rogue) You dey steal (I no dey steal) You be robber (I no be robber)You be armed robber (No be armed robber) I no be thief (You be thief) I no be rogue (You be rogue) I no dey steal (You dey steal) I no be robber (You be robber) I no be armed robber (You be armed robber) [Chorus] Argument, argument! Argument, argument, argue Them argue Everbody dem argue Them dem dem argue Up and down them argue Everbody dem argue Them dem dem dem argue Yes yes, them argue Everbody dem argue Argument about stealing Somebody don take something Wey belong to another person Then you go hear: You be thief (I no be thief), On top of the road, on the side People dey waka Office workers, labourer workers, workers' workers Them go dey waka Inside bus them go dey Motorcycle them dey ride Plenty, plenty crowd Inside this crowd Sometimes for one corner Sometimes for one street You go dey hear: ha ha!
and I smiled smiley

but I still dey vex sha sad
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kizmarty:
who says I'm not filing a suit?

. . . Vere good, exactly what i wanted to advice you on, this is an offence, 'defamation of character'. This issue shouldn't just end there..... I know how humiliated you were. Take it up with them.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
Saddening sad
Pele...accept the apologies tendered... undecided
Instruction would have been passed to deny such happened...truss me wink
Or, you got solid evidence/witness/proof? Hope you do? #litigation
Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kizmarty:

When the suit is done, and you are compensated; I'm waiting for my own money.

Na im be koko! cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Kingsasian(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kizmarty:
I went into the bankhall of acess bank hours ago to withdraw from my account after their sick ATM won't spit out cash **typical of Nigeria banks**.

I'd lost my account details with my previous phone, I reported to the customer attendant and he asked for my name and mobile number...I provided him and the very incompetent banker gave me my dad's account number instead(I bear same name with my dad),he obviously didn't look properly to see mine had an extra name.

Unknown if what awaited me,I went to the counter and gave them the slip I'd filled with wrong account number I was given.

To cut short the story...they called the security on me and even called in the crime investigation team cus the account had dad's face and the signature I'd provided was different.

Silly immature bankers won't even listen and hear me out,they were just bend on tagging me a thief and possibly make the newspapers' headlines tomorrow.

What surprised me more was how other customers were quick to pass judgment on me...they started raining abuses on me...nawa oo,I've never been so humiliated and disgraced. sad
I weep for this country,very pathetic and annoying lots around.

At last,they verified the whole issue with my mobile number I provided and had to bury their head in shame when they discovered I have an account with them and it has same name with dad with an exception of the middle name.

Apologies soon started swimming in, as if that wasn't enough, the nonchalant banker who had first raised alarm without proper verification, had to give me 50naira bills for the large sum of cash I'd come to withdraw as if to make me more agitated...very silly of Nigeria bankers and the failed banking system.

To ship in more,i did the Bvn ish today with the account number I was given and my dad said he has done the bvn for same account weeks ago.Why didn't they notice when I was repeating the process with different details does it mean our banks just carry out actions without due processes,meaning someone else can go change my account details too right
There's more trouble for this people, we'll see.

The battle continues,they've got to compensate me for image damage.Meanwhile, share your own hurtful experiences.
choi! Please take heart o. I just read your diary, sorry about that. If I were you I go close the account immediately.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Banking Experience. by Kingsasian(m): 10:15am On Jun 25, 2015
Kizmarty:

kz we know say u no go do nothing....hahahahahahaha

(1) (Reply)

Are Igbos The Smartest People In The World? / Benefits Of Google Local Business Listing / Goat Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.