Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

The Lion's Den (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lion's Den (A Short Story) (994 Views)

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / The Day MTN taught me the Lesson of my Life ( Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lion's Den (A Short Story) by adeodunsimilolu(f): 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
The story which you are about to read is a true life experience. Though modified, also names and locations changed.

The four lettered word I've always yearned for, LOVE. This, I have been in search of as a naïve teenager. This could have been born out of my watching too much soap operas or just nature. But I have always entangled myself in infatuations which I thought was love.

My name is Oyinkansade Johnson. I am 17 years old. A tall, dark girl with a svelte body. I live with my parents and siblings. The second daughter of a family of seven; three boys and two girls, and the fourth child. Everything in my life is far above my age; my education, stature, mentality and nature is not that of a 17 year old.

I want to share an experience of how I escaped from a lion's den which happened about a year ago. As a yoruba adage says, ' Aja to rele ekun to bo, o ku ewu,' that is, 'A dog that comes out of a lion's den unharmed is so lucky.'
I was just chatting on the social network, 2go, on my small Nokia phone when I decided to join the teens room. I just kept mute and was reading the chats when I typed 'hi everyone'. I got many replies but I replied one person, we chatted and he added me. I accepted his request and we went private.

Re: The Lion's Den (A Short Story) by adeodunsimilolu(f): 11:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
With humility and a open heart to correction, I invite Oyinprince, Safarigirl and everyone to read my amateur piece and drop comments.
Re: The Lion's Den (A Short Story) by UnknownT: 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
Op's location is Ogun State. So I believe the lion's den no go pass Ritualists shrine so I am following wink
Re: The Lion's Den (A Short Story) by safarigirl(f): 6:54am On Jun 25, 2015
Kinda short, but pretty good so far. No typographical errors, perhaps why it's so brief?

Hopefully, consequent posts will be longer?

1 Like

Re: The Lion's Den (A Short Story) by Oyinprince(m): 7:14am On Jun 25, 2015
Ride on OP, with the little one I read above, I can tell its gonna be a nice one cool

Thanks for the mention

safarigirl:
Kinda short, but pretty good so far. No typographical errors, perhaps why it's so brief?

Hopefully, consequent posts will be longer?

Yeah, I too was hoping to just bookmark and read later but I found it brief
Re: The Lion's Den (A Short Story) by adeodunsimilolu(f): 7:54am On Jun 25, 2015
That was just like a prologue. Will end it tonight. I appreciate ur efforts
Re: The Lion's Den (A Short Story) by adeodunsimilolu(f): 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2015

He introduced himself as Tunde Alade, 21 years old, I also introduced myself. Thus, we became friends. We became fond of each other that we wouldn't do without chatting. He asked for my contact which I happily gave to him. He would call me everyday and we would talk. And I would buy recharge cards with my pocket money to call him and exhaust it that same day. To cut the story short, he asked me to be his 'one and only'. I accepted and was happy because I thought I had found the right guy. Meanwhile, my boyfriend just broke up with me and I was happy I found another to taunt him with.

Now, he called at least twice daily and sent messages which I always reply. He even made me speak with his mum. Later, he asked for my address in order to pay a visit; I told him, though not fully because I have always been security conscious. But I used to give him excuses in order not to visit me. Eventually, he lost his phone and he would call me with his mum's phone and I used to call him too.
On a particular day, he sent a picture of a girl with bare boobs. I asked him about it and he said he just sent it. I wasn't comfortable with that because I was brought up in a christian family and being a pastor's daughter to that. Though I didn't tell him that.
Then, he asked for a date. I told him I would choose a day I could be free because I hardly go out and my parent would ask about my whereabout. Fortunately for me, a relative of my mum died and she had to be there at Ibadan and we stay in Abeokuta. So my mum and dad went together. And I was home with just my younger brother. He also went to his friend's place and I just told him I was going not too far.

He gave me his address and I went to his house. He didn't let me in because he said his parents were at home. But he showed me his brother who just waved to me and winked at him. We went to an eatery and ordered for fried rice and chicken. We didn't eat it much because it was stale and neither did we talk because I was nervous. I just wanted to go home. But he said we should go to somewhere private and he waved down a bike that took us to a hotel. He ordered for yoghurt, smirnoff and juice at the bar. He gave me smirnoff and juice but he took yoghurt. But I told him I don't drink. He persuaded to have a sip of it and I did but it tasted sour, so I left it. He asked for a room and I followed him like a zombie; I knwe I shouldn't knowing what could happen.

We got into the room and I sat on the bed, he asked me to take my drink which I did like a robot. He also sat on the bed and came behind me. I was nervous and uncomfortable with the position. But I didn't say a word, I just endured. Then, he told me to tell him about my background and I did. He asked me to sing for him and I sang 'love wan tintin' by oyinkansola. I was getting along with him and he sang a song and he started touching me all over. He turned me to face him. Now, he was lying down facing the ceiling and me on him. He started kissing me which I responded and I began to feel the burge on my thigh. My eyes flew open but he was deep in the kissing and pulled up my skirt, then dipped his hands into my pant. With that, I broke the kiss and told him I can't do that. That I don't want to have sex before marriage. He said he would marry me but he had to confirm my status. I told him since he would marry me, he should wait and I would be faithful to him. I got no reply and we laid like that with our clothes on for some minutes.

Eventually, we didn't have sex. And I began to adjust my clothes. Then, he thrusted a thousand naira note in my hand. I told him that he shouldn't have bothered but he said he gave it to me. We lodged out and I boarded a bike alone which he paid for.
When I got home, I logged in to 2go and met him online. We chatted and he said he was disappointed with me but I told him I just couldn't bring myself to do that. As time went on, the calls and messages reduced but I would call him.

I called his mum one day and the call was answered immediately it rang; and she said, 'teti e ko gbo mi ti o ba fe sofo laye e, ma pe omo mi mo', that is 'listen to me attentively, if you don't want to be wasted in life, don't you ever call my son again'. And she ended the call. I was so shocked and heartbroken that I cried. That same night, we chatted and I told him but he said I shouldn't be bothered with his mum.
But later on, he hardly chatted. Then he said he wanted to quit because he couldn't choose me over his mum. I accepted but I asked him not to remove me. He then sent me a message one day, ' where do you belong? If you are not with me, ama drop you lika bad habit'. I felt insulted and I hurled insults too. He removed me and I blocked him.

It took me days to get over him. And I knew I wasn't old enough emotionally and psychologically to date. And in that period, I realized I had really escaped from the lion's den because anything could have happened when I met him in the hotel. I could have been kidnapped or murdered like the lady that was killed by some guys she met on facebook.

Now, I take my steps cautiously and having learnt from the experience not to get infatuated with anyone I met on a social media. My focus is now on my education and I'm living my life with no worry.

THE END.

I have concluded the story and I appreciate you all. A big thanks to oyinprince and safarigirl for honouring my invitation.
I'm sorry for not posting the concluding part yesterday as said. I went for a retreat and the network there was so bad.
Thanks everyone.

~Adeodunsimilolu~
Re: The Lion's Den (A Short Story) by Oyinprince(m): 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
I was about to say that the story is just like a confession before I scrolled up to find out you said it's a true story; meaning it really is.

Its a good one, but I would have loved if you added more drama to it. May be you just wanted to write it the way it happened without adding anything; 100% non fiction.

Nice one still

(1) (Reply)

Poem Of The Week - Silent Tears / . / What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge As A Writer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.