Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,555 members, 7,958,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

Maths Or Economics: Which Is Better For Nigerian Job Market? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Maths Or Economics: Which Is Better For Nigerian Job Market? (13879 Views)

Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews / Business Administration Or Economics: Which Is Better In The Nigerian Job Market / Finance And Economics, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maths Or Economics: Which Is Better For Nigerian Job Market? by Compudoms(m): 8:17am On Jun 10, 2013
Ibime:

Don't talk about what you don't know!  angry

Guy, Maths is easier than Economics. If you want to get a 1st, go for Maths anytime. I also did Maths with Economics, and the Economics side of things nearly wrecked my chances of a 1st. With Maths, you either have a 'yes' or 'no' answer, hence it is easier to predict and forecast your grade. With Economics, you are doing mostly theory, so you can never predict your score and your grade is more subject to the lecturers feelings and political views.  As for the Nigerian job market, it doesn't matter which you study as long as you shine. What matters is your extracurricular learning. If you are interested in finance, go to http://www.informedtrades.com/f197/ and start learning the basics, otherwise check out their lectures on youtube. Just take your time and decide what you want. Alternatively, if you are interested in handling peoples savings, why not study Actuarial Science?

Maths is easier than Economics
Maths is either yes or no
You did Maths with Economics
Brov, you are a big lair!

Let someone tell you about Functional Analysis, Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, OR, even Topology you will need no help before you change your mind.

I did pure Maths B.sc, M.sc (Functional) ,so I know.

@Op, pls choose Econ you'll enjoy it. Maths is for a selected set of people. If you are not among the selected, you'll struggle with grades.
Re: Maths Or Economics: Which Is Better For Nigerian Job Market? by drexx(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2013
Am in 200 level reading maths and economics. Personally the maths part of it is giving me sleepless nights. Complex analysis, real analysis, abstract algebra, differential equations. Mehn it is not funny. Have been making A's in all my Economics courses since 100 level with relative ease. Anyway, it is personal as I still have some colleagues who kill the maths but dislike the Economics with passion. For me am 90 per cent an economist and just 10 per cent a mathematician. Just try and pass the maths anyhow. And use the Economics to gather my G. P
Re: Maths Or Economics: Which Is Better For Nigerian Job Market? by olajobsmaster(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
oluwdashmi:

@segzyjoe
Cool talk.
You were faster than I am.

This what some people don't know when it comes to career.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers / 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness / Why Would You Want To Leave Your Current Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.