Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,444 members, 7,819,642 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara (28139 Views)

Flood Overwhelms Asaba, Destroys Official Documents, Files, Homes / Rainstorm Destroys Houses In Ilorin, Renders 2000 Residents Homeless (Photos) / First Rain Of The Year In Port-Harcourt Destroys Things (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by loomer: 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
No be small thing
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
Which of his enemies own those houses?

Free Forex Signals
www.aheadmarket.com
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by MeandSum: 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
to those complaining, don't you know building without permission is against the law?
They can still be moved by the government (with compensation) even if they have title to the land.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by ohenhen1: 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
It is sad, but if those are illegal structures. The government have the right to demolish them. The state government should help them out though.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by calcal: 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is a government that doesn't care about her owning people. people invested in that area, destroying their property with just notice is very bad. What about the option buying the property from them, pay them off then destroy. In Yankee that is what the government practice.
People take loan to buy property, loan insure by the federal, so if your destroy the property you simple don't get your money back and end in court.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by abouzaid: 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
still loving anambra. all those igbos whose houses were destroyed in lagos and abuja, ntooor!!! una go hear nwii before the end of this regime
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by ohenhen1: 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
calcal:
This is a government that doesn't care about her owning people. people invested in that area, destroying their property with just notice is very bad. What about the option buying the property from them, pay them off then destroy. In Yankee that is what the government practice.
People take loan to buy property, loan insure by the federal, so if your destroy the property you simple don't get your money back and end in court.

The government gave them notice.

Why would the government offer to buy illegal structures?
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Firefire(m): 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
I hope they will start work soon?
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by calcal: 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
MeandSum:
to those complaining, don't you know building without permission is against the law?
They can still be moved by the government (with compensation) even if they have title to the land.

This same government could not provide shelters for 1% of her population, a government without directions since ever, people shelter themselves you talking of permission, 99% of structures has no permission. a country where any newly elected person can create law to render you useless.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Crownofwealth(m): 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
i jst hope they have been duly compensated.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by ruffDiamond: 8:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
steppin:
Eyaaa!
That's what you get from voting for APC government.
They keep changing things!
for better of course never again for stale air transformation
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
olapluto:
I love the response of the people. As painful as the demolition was to them, they still stood by the government decision. No one claimed withc hunting or the likes.
I am proud of Lagosians anyday. Enlightened. Switched on. I can imagine the tribal war that will be generated if government was to do the needful in Alaba or Festac area.

Exactly what I was about to say...you just said it better.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by GboyegaD(m): 9:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
The victims of the demolitions are more understanding of the situation than those in opposition who just think they have a right to spew gibberish.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by suwalee(f): 9:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
Derz ntn wrong ere it's an illegal structure it must go lagosians no dey ear word govt wud mark building for demolision nd dey paint it off erez the consequences. Mak dem take hrt
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by GboyegaD(m): 9:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
ydass:

Exactly what I was about to say...you just said it better.

What about Festac if I may ask?
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Dollyak(f): 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
The attitude of that old woman sums up yoruba people. Very diplomatic, forward thinking and progressive.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by chudinho: 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
Notice was given over six years ago and someone is here saying notice was not given. The only reason I love Fashola and Tinubu is their courage and determination in doing that road. Haters should think about the lagoon option.

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Donchyze(m): 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]

Sad
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by pepe1: 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
olapluto:
I love the response of the people. As painful as the demolition was to them, they still stood by the government decision. No one claimed withc hunting or the likes.
I am proud of Lagosians anyday. Enlightened. Switched on. I can imagine the tribal war that will be generated if government was to do the needful in Alaba or Festac area.
Now you are the one trying to stir up the tribal war.
This same demolition has been on for more than 3 years and have passed through places like orile-Iganmu, Maza-maza, Festac 1st 2nd & 3rd gates, Iyana-iba, Alaba-rago mkt etc. Guess you know those who were mostly affected... and there has not been any tribal.

Some of you love to cease every opportunity to start tribal tantrums.
#toomanykidsonnairaland

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2015

No sympathy here.

These people were given at least a years notice.
Nd if ya hav ur papers yu will b duly compensated

Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by shurlermoz(m): 10:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
scozy:
apc turning landlords to tenant since 1900

Does it matter to you if they have C of O, if the have the proper clearance to build on that particular space or if they are in any way wrong?!
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by pepe1: 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
ohenhen1:
It is sad, but if those are illegal structures. The government have the right to demolish them. The state government should help them out though.
Some of them are not illegal structures just that they have to give way for the expansion of Lagos-Badagry Exp Way.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by efilefun(m): 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
Matin:
very sad indeed
sure you didn't listen to where someone said they were given 4years notice
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by no1madman(m): 10:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
Dis is pure evil! i hate Nigeria!
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by ademusiwa3: 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
[size=28pt]This is not the correct thing to do.. in lagos. If a road is narrow. It is better to make it a one lane road. That way you don't have to destroy people homes.

because you will not be able to pay them for the house you destroy.

So making one way road is the best.
[/size]
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Kassidy90(m): 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
All these people has been given notice for more than 4 years nw if I can remember right but you know we Nigerians we like fire brigade approach on everything, despite all this someone is still building a mighty warehouse at iyana - era when its obvious that it would be demolished in few months if nt weeks, one thing we should all know is that to rebuild you destroy first...
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Kassidy90(m): 11:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
ademusiwa3:
[size=28pt]This is not the correct thing to do.. in lagos. If a road is narrow. It is better to make it a one lane road. That way you don't have to destroy people homes.

because you will not be able to pay them for the house you destroy.

So making one way road is the best.
[/size]

Make international road one way? Psst
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by mmsen: 11:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
yemaldo:
So govt just destroyed property without reason undecided tanoid don't even know how to play opposition u better go to Lai Muhammed for lectures

Not 'without reason', they had a pretty good reason and they gave them several years notice.

Lagos needs more roads, for that to happen a lot of buildings will be demolished.
Re: VIDEO: Government Destroys Homes In Lagos - Okokomaiko, Agbara by Bre(f): 12:03am On Jun 26, 2015
olapluto:

Yet here you are, trying to sneak in tribal sentiment in your own comment - oh enlightened one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" / How Many Bag Of Cement Will Plaster 3bedroom Inside And Outside With Floor.. / Azuri Peninsula In Eko Atlantic Begins Construction!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.