Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Religion Dogmatism Here On Nl --- Wtf Is This ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Dogmatism Here On Nl --- Wtf Is This ? (652 Views)

Has There Been Anyone Who Became An Atheist By Reading Arguments On NL? / We Need A New Religion Devoid Of Intolerance And Dogmatism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Dogmatism Here On Nl --- Wtf Is This ? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 25, 2015
what the Bleep is this ? i was banned sometimes around last year for about 90 years in the islam board,but after NL got smashed and lost it's data,I escaped the ban..now that made me stay away from the islam board,now fast-forward......i was trying to post a comment on the islam board,saw a nice topic ..

So we,christians aren't allowed to give opinions about ISLAM (even though we might troll and stuff,we might have some nice things to say sometimes)..This kills the forum,this is a fucking board,why must i accept some shitty stuff before i can post...

THIS IDEA WAS NOT EXAMINED PROPERLY AND WHOEVER COOKED IT UP IS NARROW-MINDED And A KNUCKLE HEAD..

1 Like

Re: Religion Dogmatism Here On Nl --- Wtf Is This ? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tell 'em!

Jihad styled Islamization if you ask me. cool
Re: Religion Dogmatism Here On Nl --- Wtf Is This ? by NumberOne2(m): 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
Wow. This is true.
So to post in the Islam Section I need to have an Islam TOS? (find screen shot below)

Why is this not applied to other religions? Is this not biased?
If you select NO, you will NOT be allowed to post.

Re: Religion Dogmatism Here On Nl --- Wtf Is This ? by NumberOne2(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
I thought this issue was an error or oversight but I was wrong.

https://www.nairaland.com/2488292/open-letter-seun-nl-create
After contacting the MODS and creating this thread (which is now closed) linked above, I was informed that:

Due to the religious diversity of the Nairaland community, it's impossible to come up with policies that will make everyone happy. We can't give everyone what they want, even if we try, because some people want the opposite of what some other people want. We do not seek to favour or help or disfavour or harm any religion; our priority is the Nairaland community as a whole - what's best for Nairalanders as a group. If you have complaints about our policies, or questions about why we're doing this or that, please send your complaints to the supermods via the home page. We'll respond to your complaints as quickly as we can.
https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each

Refering to the BOLDED:
WIKIPEDIA source states that in Nigeria: 49.3% are Christians, 48.8% are Muslim, and 1.9% were followers of indigenous and other religions, or unaffiliated

Since NL Muslims are given VIP treatment, how can one talk of diversity, help or favour when almost HALF of the community is secluded in a VIP section. Is this not contradictory? Its either all sects are combined or MAJOR sects are given same VIP treatment. Seeing that this bias is intentionally done from Management, I have NO business anymore on NL. Cheers.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others - Animal Farm

(1) (Reply)

Bsolutely Shocking News All Must Know! About Niv Bible / All I Can Say About This World / Tabieorar 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.