Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? (5517 Views)

Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? / Have You Tried The New Itunes V8. The 'genius' Feature Is Awesome. / What! I Tried The Hell, But: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by guru00: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2009
Has anyone tried the new SwiftHotpots at Silverbird or Tetrazinni outlets? How wasthe speed?
I hear tommorow is the last day for free access, is it true?
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by Gamine(f): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2009
its Expensive, better to get your own connection, i thought the free access ended yesterday.

Swift is all mouth, i use their "Broadband" service now and its no much faster than my dial up
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by spikedcylinder: 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2009
Haven't tried the Silverbird one but Tetrazzini wasn't so bad. Its ended? shocked

When did you start using swift gamine? I notice swift kindda draws you in within the first 3 months with decent services. Afterwards, you are on your own. embarassed tongue
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by Gamine(f): 8:52pm On Feb 27, 2009
Where i am, na Swift o. . cheesy

Besides, Da Dude has been complaining, said their service is just wack!

So na Tetrazzini you dey go and youve been forming you dey house!!, CHEI!
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by onyx187(m): 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2009
Don't believein the super speed adverts from Swift through Zoom networks,if you need a super fast network,it aint as cheap as they are offering,we are all sharing bandwidth that explains the fluctuation.we don't have the super highway pipeline in Nigeria,this networks claiming 200MB in 2Min's should be sued!
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by JJYOU: 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2009
most naija services are over hyped and over priced. one would have tot paying in advance would reduce the prizes.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by ndividual: 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2009
Never believe what's on print (and on screen too) grin

just got swift today. also saw the Ad. 200MB in 2mins? Na beans? didn't believe it one bit.

but Gamine, this one you're saying swift is wack, na wa o. maybe i'm close to base sha, but i get speeds btw 30-60kb. but it doesn't seem too stable with my Xbox. Could upgrade the dashboard but it tails of on the heavier updates. what would you suggest? My uncle's DOPC is gathering dust faster than i breathe.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by spikedcylinder: 10:51pm On Feb 27, 2009
Gamine:

Where i am, na Swift o. . cheesy

Besides, Da Dude has been complaining, said their service is just wack!

So na Tetrazzini you dey go and youve been forming you dey house!!, CHEI!

LOL!

If I dey tetrazzine at this time, na second job as night guard be that o. tongue
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by cvibe: 1:27am On Feb 28, 2009
fast ke?
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by femzy(m): 2:30am On Feb 28, 2009
I have been using Swift for close to 2 yrs now, their service is very poor during peak periods(morning-evening) and very alright in the night and on Sundays too,(you can achieve speeds of upto 50-80kbps on the fly). They always telling me they would improve cos they annoy me during peak periods ooo.Most ISPs dont allow you go close to your CIR not to talk of your Commited Burst esp for shared bandwidth.
But asper Internet services for naija,Swift are trying shaaa. tongue
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by twinskenny(m): 8:28am On Feb 28, 2009
all this hunky junky advert is just a HYPE, I use IPNX at home and in the office, for now their service is a bit okay. but the dream of having 1meg download or more cannot be achieve until we have fiber in this country, so dont believe any advert.

that is the word.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by Emilo(m): 10:15am On Feb 28, 2009
For now i think i would still stick to my multilinks but just forget about downloading
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by Gamine(f): 11:28am On Feb 28, 2009
LOL!

If I dey tetrazzine at this time, na second job as night guard be that o.

Before! tongue

Starcomms can get you some really good time though.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by penyng: 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2009
hello nairalander why not try starcomms Genie Izap I use it and I think it is ok. Also the recurrent monthly cost is also affordable: 9am - 9pm N7000, the download speed is between 33 - 40kbps.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by obinna5000(m): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2009
I was at the Swift Hotspot location in Silverbird Galleria today. The free trial ended today.
I have to say that I was really impressed with what I saw.
I was downloading 3 files simulatenously each at a speed of 120KB/s.
Sorry I couldn't get a snapshot but the next time I'll be their I'll get one and post.

After the free trial, 30 minutes will be sold at N150 and 1 hour at N250.

I have to say its one of the fastest wireless network so far and I hope it spreads across more cities in Lagos.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by spikedcylinder: 10:18pm On Feb 28, 2009
Mweb is still the fastest I've seen here so far.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by obinna5000(m): 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2009
@spikedcylinder
Whats the average download speed of MWeb in KiloBytes per second?

The average Swift Hotspot download speed I got was 300KB/s or 2400Kb/s.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by Ekwere(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2009
I must first of all appreciate the landers that posted this topic, well I apologize to those of us who did complain of swift services but the fact remains that in trying to upgrade out services,things may not work out for some clients but it really would improve.

I use this opportunity to assure our client that the speed would improve and you would notice it in no time meanwhile the hotspot is not just speed but a super speed browsing,I encourage everybody with wifi enabled gadget to try it

I would drop my official email address for you guys to contact me if you have issues with your browsing- tufot@swiftng.com.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve,I remain loyal to our client.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by netotse(m): 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2009
lol. . . nice to see swift is y2k compliant
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2009
300KB/s or 2400Kb/s. is a myth in naija
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by spikedcylinder: 10:05am On Mar 02, 2009
@spikedcylinder
Whats the average download speed of MWeb in KiloBytes per second?

The average Swift Hotspot download speed I got was 300KB/s or 2400Kb/s.

Average speed is 225KB/s and I don't believe that Swift bit. Thats what I was using before I changed to Mweb. smiley

Swift sucks.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by obinna5000(m): 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2009
@Spikedcylinder (weird username) grin
Swift Hotspot is a location for wireless internet browsing. You go to the Hotspot locations with ur Wi-Fi enabled devices like laptops, PSPs, Phones, etc and browse. Its like a wireless internet cafe.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by lynxnoon(m): 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2009
obinna5000:

Swift Hotspot is a location for wireless internet browsing. You go to the Hotspot locations with ur Wi-Fi enabled devices like laptops, PSPs, Phones, etc and browse. Its like a wireless internet cafe.
My guy i tink he's aware of dat undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by palmwine(m): 6:38am On Mar 03, 2009
I think Swift will deliver the promised speed. They have there own Fibre laid to this locations and also use point 2 point microwave equipment. as such the Network bandwidth is assured. I heard they don't have issues with Internet bandwidth as well. just an Inside Info. Sort of close to the guys that makes the policy wink
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by lynxnoon(m): 7:05am On Mar 03, 2009
swift is quite good but dat N150=30mins & NN50=1hr is quite on d high side dont u tink?
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by palmwine(m): 11:05am On Mar 03, 2009
I was in one of the Hotspots out of curiosity though and was suprise how much i cud do i 1hr.

Maybe we shud allow pple that have tried the hotspot say smothing.

over to you guys.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by goincrazy: 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2009
Its simple maths really, (for those dat paid attention in nursery school)

a) Customer device to local hotspot wireless access point = 54mbps

b) Hotspot location to swift office = fiber (>100mbps)

c) swift office to internet over fiber = maybe >100mbps

a + b + c = GREAT SERVICE!! cool

i tried d silverbird service and i culd watch a movie frm start to finish without breaks ( while eatin lunch too)! dis is far faster & better dan any sleazy cybercafe.

SWIFT CONTINUE D GOOD WORK!! grin
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by spikedcylinder: 8:15pm On Mar 03, 2009
obinna5000:

Thanks for the info but I know that.
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by obinna5000(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2009
This was the average speed as at today in Swift Hotspot at Silverbird Galleria.

Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by goincrazy: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2009
shocked 518KB/s is equal to 4144kb/s in real bandwidth. Now i haven't seen anythin faster in naija even with Mweb.

Lets always try to give kudos to pple that are doing d right thin. Somethin good can come out of naija afterall (if they can keep it up),   grin cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by seunallday: 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2009
can u imagine,

i use swift at work, they have been messing up big time in the last two weeks, its been really terrible, so terrible we v been considerin an offshore IP(does anyone have info on dat pls).

and the worst part is that, the telephone numbers on their letterhead has never gone thru so we cant reach them,
Re: Has Anyone Tried The New Swifthotpots At Silverbird Or Tetrazinni Outlets? by Ekwere(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2009
[s]can u imagine,

i use swift at work, they have been messing up big time in the last two weeks, its been really terrible, so terrible we v been considerin an offshore IP(does anyone have information on dat pls).

and the worst part is that, the telephone numbers on their letterhead has never gone thru so we cant reach them[/s]

Hello sir,

You can reach the customer care with the following numbers:

01-8774241,0-8737393,08085243136,07062113077,07055093230.

Thank you,

(1) (2) (Reply)

The VSAT Internet Business is Doomed? / Badoo Premium V2.44.1 Build 165 Apk For Android Users / Smile 4G LTE Internet Data Plans, Bundles & Subscription Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.