Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service (1519 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by donjoeruleth: 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hello, I just finished orientation camp in Kebbi state, during the two weeks break I got a job in a prolific company in Lagos and ofcourse they pay really well (60+, cos I'm a corper) and I'm to resume work soon, I'm in a fix- either to differ service and get the job and work it to Lagos by September, 2015 (hoping i won't have to go through orientation camp again) or just stay put and finish my service(where I'm not sure if the job will be there after service)- I need your advice pls. I've tried to meet the ZI or to no avail.

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by Olalekan2rhyme: 12:17am On Jun 26, 2015
Waow! I make FTC for the first time in history.I dedicate it to sen.saraki for putting end to Tinubu godfatherism.@ Op Happy for you...I'll urge you to take d offer and change ur serving state...I'm sure u know d rate of job scarcity in nija...remember opportunity comes but once...Goodluck
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by donjoeruleth: 12:31am On Jun 26, 2015
Thanks bro, change my service state by redeploying (which I've tried, not easy). Or differ service ( and if I differ, hope I won'tbe doing orientation camp again)?
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by yomi007k(m): 12:37am On Jun 26, 2015
Hmmm, na wa oo
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by Nomzylicious(f): 1:53am On Jun 26, 2015
Go to ur PPA if its teaching u can arrange with d proprietor to be paying dem part of ur allawee while u work in lag. A friend of mine did it and it worked

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by Habisoye: 3:02am On Jun 26, 2015
Shey 60+ NA money for a whole graduate?

u pple have even let employers disregard we graduates sef..datz y we Don't av value anymore, cox we just quickly jump to any amount of salary that was offer without even thinking of the stress we went tru during all our school dayz..

Oogahh oo NA only naija ago see a graduate being offered 50k and he go dey enjoy...and u wi be doin a job worth more than 200k cox u'r a graduate and companies will be using ur own brain and all ur 5yrs gathered educational skills to develop their own future

O boy go serve ur father's land j..or and get a gud job afterwards... shocked

2 Likes

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by donjoeruleth: 4:58am On Jun 26, 2015
60k cos I'm a corper , after service they pay 170k, but then I get your point, thank you
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by donjoeruleth: 6:03am On Jun 26, 2015
Habisoye:

u pple have even let employers disregard we graduates sef..datz y we Don't av value anymore, cox we just quickly jump to any amount of salary that was offer without even thinking of the stress we went tru during all our school dayz..

Oogahh oo NA only naija ago see a graduate being offered 50k and he go dey enjoy...and u wi be doin a job worth more than 200k cox u'r a graduate and companies will be using ur own brain and all ur 5yrs gathered educational skills to develop their own future

60k cos I'm a corper , after service they pay 170k, but then I get your point, thank you
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by rhazur(m): 6:42am On Jun 26, 2015
Do Ghost

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 26, 2015
donjoeruleth:

Go to your PPA and arrange with the principal or the person in charge of giving corpers clearance letters... .

But you may have to be travelling once a month for clearance..

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by obinna2nv(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2015
Activate Ghost mode my all means..
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by icedtrice(m): 7:44am On Jun 26, 2015
Guys ....... In other to avoid this service palava.......while Talking with with the LI, what kind of Questions would one expect frm the LI?

Plz reply.
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by paschenko(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Habisoye:

exactly my thoughts... op u r jst being pessimistic. do u know after service u can get a job wit a better offer? anyway, report to ur PPA, carry ur LGi along, if it is a school the principal will gladly share ur allawee then d deal is done... Goodluck sha.
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by icedtrice(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2015
Bro can't dis deal be done with d LGI without d knowledge of d PPA..........?
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by sagbar(m): 8:41am On Jun 26, 2015
icedtrice:
Bro can't dis deal be done with d LGI without d knowledge of d PPA..........?
Carry the two of them along...u don't want to spend money abi...10k will do two of them

2 Likes

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by arabianights: 8:43am On Jun 26, 2015
donjoeruleth:
Hello, I just finished orientation camp in Kebbi state, during the two weeks break I got a job in a prolific company in Lagos and ofcourse they pay really well (60+, cos I'm a corper) and I'm to resume work soon, I'm in a fix- either to differ service and get the job and work it to Lagos by September, 2015 (hoping i won't have to go through orientation camp again) or just stay put and finish my service(where I'm not sure if the job will be there after service)- I need your advice pls. I've tried to meet the ZI or to no avail.

find a way of working your service back to lagos then have your coy retain u as a corper.
you dont need to meet your zi dosome digging am sure you ll knw the buttns to be pressed in other for u to leave
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by vicbussi: 9:04am On Jun 26, 2015
where is ur PPA in kebbi? if your PPA is a school or ministry you dont have much problem just meet with the principal and AI or LI has the case may be. Are u in the village or town? dnt joke with job bcoz of NYSC that will end in next 10 months.
secondly once u av gone tru orientation camp u cn't defer the service any more. and cn't be called up again for another NYSC.
so find time and go to kebbi ur PPA and sort things out with who ever is there as the head,AI,LI and ur CLO also get one of ur colleague that will be signing off for you during monthly clearance. But if all that are not working guy FORM SICKNESS and kind of seek for redeployment to lagos.

[b]NO LOSS THAT JOB COZ OF NYSC grin cheesy shocked

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 26, 2015
My dear, please for God's sake, don't leave that job, it is either you serve as a ghost corper by making arrangement with your CLO in your PPA or you differ the service to another batch. I once had that opportunity before my youth service but rejected the offer. But now no good job is forth coming after the service. NYSC sometimes is a waste of time. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by ekay39(m): 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
What a very rare opportunity; only very few have such. My advise: take the job and find a way to redeploy back to lagos, even if u have to defer for this batch. Competition is very fierce for entry level jobs and only the strong, mighty, fittest coupled with GODs grace survive. But if u think u have the wits, intelligence, and patience to compete with other 10 million job seekers for entry level jobs, be my guest. Getting the first job is always the major hurdle. After that its much easier to switch jobs and make career progression. Again I repeat, this is a very rare opportunity don't joke with it

3 Likes

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by donjoeruleth: 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thanks y'all for your honest n concerned advice . One. More thing- if I differ, is there a possibility of getting Lagos state and hope I don't have to go for orientation camp again( cos that's like taking 3 weeks off again )

Has Anyone heard of aNy differed case after orientation camp ?
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by ekay39(m): 7:39am On Jun 27, 2015
donjoeruleth:
Thanks y'all for your honest n concerned advice . One. More thing- if I differ, is there a possibility of getting Lagos state and hope I don't have to go for orientation camp again( cos that's like taking 3 weeks off again )
Has Anyone heard of aNy differed case after orientation camp ?

You are a guy. What I think you should do is to go back to kebbi state and find a way to meet with the relevant persons- my best bet would be your LI or school principal- and negotiate with them, even if u have give them your whole allawee. When u get there, first speak with your CDS-Coordinator or older corps members and explain to them your situation. They are in the best position to guide you since they are on ground. Importantly, they would give you an idea of their personalities. But let me give you a peek: If its your zonal LI, he/she would always keep you updated with happenings on ground and interactions would be direct. If its your school principal, its going to be a little harder but there's always a way around it. You have to be best friends with your CDs-Coord because he/she has to find a way with attendance for CDS and rest.

At the expense of writing a long post, all I am saying is you have to go back to your PPA in keebi and find out things yourself. NB I'm sure you are not the first person who would have done it and you won't be the last.

3 Likes

Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by donjoeruleth: 10:07am On Jun 27, 2015
ekay39:

You are a guy. What I think you should do is to go back to kebbi state and find a way to meet with the relevant persons- my best bet would be your LI or school principal- and negotiate with them, even if u have give them your whole allawee. When u get there, first speak with your CDS-Coordinator or older corps members and explain to them your situation. They are in the best position to guide you since they are on ground. Importantly, they would give you an idea of their personalities. But let me give you a peek: If its your zonal LI, he/she would always keep you updated with happenings on ground and interactions would be direct. If its your school principal, its going to be a little harder but there's always a way around it. You have to be best friends with your CDs-Coord because he/she has to find a way with attendance for CDS and rest.

At the expense of writing a long post, all I am saying is you have to go back to your PPA in keebi and find out things yourself. NB I'm sure you are not the first person who would have done it and you won't be the last.

Thank you for taking out time to reply, I'll work on it right away.
Re: Choosing Between A Job And NYSC Service by adekanmbi1986(m): 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
donjoeruleth:

It is better u accept the job offer and partner with your LI. Fine, it is good to serve ones fatherland but has your fatherland put u into consideration after service year by providing job for the millions of unemployed graduates. The salary may be small for now but consider it as part of ur service year and gain the needed experience to prepare u for better opportunities. I got a job with a multinational a week after my last paper in school, and I did it successfully. I never attended any activities after the three weeks camp and did all clearance. And I thank GOD for where I am now, have tens of people reporting to me daily. I also have friends doing same now. However, the choice is urs...

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment August 2015 / Loulak Oil And Gas Limited Job Recruitment In Port Harcourt / Sol Test And Interview (6th May 2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.