Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? (2889 Views)

My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk / Family Cries Out As Their Daughter's Oyinbo Husband Cremates Her Without Notice. / Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by dreamzy(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2015
Is it right for parents to chase their daughter away from the house because of pregnancy when neither the guy or the girl is financially and matured enough to handle it..
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by demmy0325(m): 9:36am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by delishpot: 9:36am On Jun 26, 2015
dreamzy:
Is it right for parents to chase their daughter away from the house because of pregnancy when neither the guy or the girl is financially and matured enough to handle it..

The girl no know the kain mama and papa she get before?
anyhoe, if its right or wrong is an individual thing. We can only advice on the disadvantages such actions have.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by Cutehector(m): 9:52am On Jun 26, 2015
As a prospective parent, my daughter can't bring dah shame to me... I'd try my very best to let her knw d evils of sleepin wit guys... If dat should happen, my family and the guy's family will settle d matter with tact!
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by angieberry(f): 9:53am On Jun 26, 2015
It's up to the parents to decide if they want to cater for the additional "burden". If they can't , they will chase the girl to the man's house. After all, its not their responsibility to care for the child, but the man's. If he knows how to sow his seeds, he should know how to reap the harvest.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by Lilyomi(f): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2015
It is so hard to accept da fact dat she is pregnant esp wen u had better plans. But like da saying: u dnt cut ur leg wen ur child urinates on it. U only clean it. Jus see beyond the disobedience n love the unborn baby sef. Who knew where our leaders wud be born? Has God driven us out ?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 26, 2015
It's a thing of shame, but parents should act with wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by dreamzy(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2015
Cutehector:
As a prospective parent, my daughter can't bring dah shame to me... I'd try my very best to let her knw d evils of sleepin wit guys... If dat should happen, my family and the guy's family will settle d matter with tact!

you see the problem here... the two people that will actually live together are by passed and are ment to go with the decisions of outsiders
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2015
Lilyomi:
It is so hard to accept da fact dat she is pregnant esp wen u had better plans. But like da saying: u dnt cut ur leg wen ur child urinates on it. U only clean it. Jus see beyond the disobedience n love the unborn baby sef. Who knew where our leaders wud be born? Has God driven us out ?
I really really really love this post.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by funlord(m): 10:18am On Jun 26, 2015
grin YES! Only if the parents are extremely FOOLISH sha! Is life a bed of roses? Always be there 4 your child NO MATTER WHAT!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by Lilyomi(f): 11:04am On Jun 26, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I really really really love this post.
Thnks madam.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by crackhaus: 11:09am On Jun 26, 2015
The rightness or wrongness of it is entirely subjective to the kind of parents one has...can't fault one parent's decision to chase their daughter out over another who chose not to.

That said, aren't children a gift from God anymore...regardless how they came about? Just a thought..

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by bebe2(f): 11:20am On Jun 26, 2015
dats another part of african's wickedness, angry
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by crackhaus: 11:37am On Jun 26, 2015
bebe2:
dats another part of african's wickedness, angry

Yea right...because all white people accept and give their daughters a big pat on the back for getting pregnant out of wedlock.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by edwife(f): 11:50am On Jun 26, 2015
We have to admit that it is not an easy situation to be in,as a parent you hope and strive to give your kids the best but when you are presented with such a dilemma only that moment will count to make your decision.

I really don't have an answer to this as every parent has different ways of dealing with their kids

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by bebe2(f): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2015
crackhaus:

Yea right...because all white people accept and give their daughters a big pat on the back for getting pregnant out of wedlock.

NO, But they dont chuck them out, that i can assure u of.

i spent my teenage years in nigeria, and i saw first hand the evils parents subjected their kids to due to
getting pregnant. ever seen a mum beat up her pregnant daughter with fist and blows, then hands her over to her
big brother to continue the beating?

this is not a matter of black or white, what is wrong is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by crackhaus: 11:59am On Jun 26, 2015
bebe2:

NO, But they dont chuck them out, that i can assure u of.

i spent my teenage years in nigeria, and i saw first hand the evils parents subjected their kids to due to
getting pregnant. ever seen a mum beat up her pregnant daughter with fist and blows, then hands her over to her
big brother to continue the beating?

this is not a matter of black or white, what is wrong is wrong.
That's the thing, you can't assure me of that even if you have lived all your life in the west.
Are you saying no white parent throws a daughter out for getting pregnant out of wedlock?

A mom beating her pregnant daughter is extreme and crazy, I do not support it... but that is not what the thread is about.

Err, you made it about black or white when you called it African wickedness... it wasn't me cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by bebe2(f): 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
crackhaus:

That's the thing, you can't assure me of that even if you have lived all your life in the west.
[/b]Are you saying no white parent throws a daughter out for getting pregnant out of wedlock? [b]

A mom beating her pregnant daughter is extreme and crazy, I do not support it... but that is not what the thread is about.

Err, you made it about black or white when you called it African wickedness... it wasn't me cheesy

i only wrote about wat i ve seen first hand.

and for dat i offer no appology.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by NifemiOlu(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
Only irresponsible parents do such. There are many ways to deal with the issue.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by adebisicutie: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
Chasing her out will only expose her to more dangers. Let your daughter and the child stay with you then you can monitor her better and help her make something of herself . If the family can't afford the new baby, give him or her out for adoption to a loving family and help your daughter retrace her steps in life

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by NifemiOlu(m): 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
adebisicutie:
Chasing her out will only expose her to more dangers. Let your daughter and the child stay with you then you can monitor her better and help her make something of herself . If the family can't afford the new baby, give him or her out for adoption to a loving family and help your daughter retrace her steps in life

Exactly. End of story.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by mutter(f): 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
If you can take a ..For better for worse vow for a man then what about your own child. Your blood. A responsibility from God. It is when child err fall or are in distress they need ltheir parents to be there for them. To stand by them and help them overcome. I would certainly stand by my daughter and go that road with her. Despite the circumstances that child will be born into a home where love and care awaits it. I would want my daughter to go through the pregnancy and experience the joy of motherhood and grow into the responsibility of being a mother. Yes I would build her up to continue to make the best out of the world. As much as I love culture and tradition the highest aim is ..In all thongs to show love. A woman that says yes to life is more courageous than one who terminates. Throw stones at this post if you please. It is my opinion and I have a right to it. I love my children too much to abandon them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by tpiadotcom: 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
Who did that?
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by Miami11: 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
No parents should be understanding

My first cousin had four kids at home, two different men,

Her sister had one kid at home,

Now one got a job took her kids, the other one went abroad
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by limamintruth: 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
What more can I do than to accept fate & see how the issue can be amicably resolved between my own family and the guy's family.

But nothing of such can make me abandon my child. God's willing, I intend to always be there for my children nothwitstanding any mistake(s) they make. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by coogaluta(f): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
mutter:
If you can take a ..For better for worse vow for a man then what about your own child. Your blood. A responsibility from God. It is when child err fall or are in distress they need ltheir parents to be there for them. To stand by them and help them overcome. I would certainly stand by my daughter and go that road with her. Despite the circumstances that child will be born into a home where love and care awaits it. I would want my daughter to go through the pregnancy and experience the joy of motherhood and grow into the responsibility of being a mother. Yes I would build her up to continue to make the best out of the world. As much as I love culture and tradition the highest aim is ..In all thongs to show love. A woman that says yes to life is more courageous than one who terminates. Throw stones at this post if you please. It is my opinion and I have a right to it. I love my children too much to abandon them.

There's nothing to throw stones at, you're right on point! cool
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by babygirlfl: 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
mutter:

Well said.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by DollyParton1(f): 7:58am On Jun 27, 2015
Chase my kid out into poverty? HELL TO THE NO!!!!!!

I will discipline her for sure. Then have an heart to heart discussion with her. She is going to have the baby. She will stop her education to take care of that baby till the baby starts school.
Then she can go about pursuing her dreams, if she still has any. But I will make sure she has all the opportunities and support she needs in life.
That baby will not stop her from being what or whom she wanted to be.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Chase Their Daughter Out Because Of Pregnancy? by dreamzy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2019
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

. / Paparazzi Caught Toke Makinwa Without Filter & Face Slimming App (photo) / Places To Avoid When Relocating To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.