Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1259890 members, 1702557 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 October 2014 at 09:40 PM

How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (55270 Views)

Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker With FM/MicroSD Card Slot/Phone.. @ 3k PH / What's A SIM Card Slot On A Laptop Used For? / Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by mamaya(m): 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2009
there is a sim card space on my laptop, please what can i use it for and how can i use it to browse.i put a gprs sim on it but still could not browse.please help me out.thanks fellow nairaland.
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by netotse(m): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2009
ehen now, i think its for UMTS check ur laptops documentation

wots the make and model of ur laptop sef?

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by mamaya(m): 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2009
Thanks i got ur reply,d laptop is dell latitude d420,and please can the sim card slot be used to browse if i inscert a configured line there,please i need ur reply angry
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by netotse(m): 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2009
from wot i can find out it seems that not all 3g modems are quad band do u know wot band urs is?naija is 900/1800mhz(or woteva sha)

then

saw somewhere that dell latitude d420 come with pre activated vodafone sims that cld be another case sha see if u can see any frequencies in ur specs. if it doesnt work out we'll see if we can find help elsewhere
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by cystein(m): 3:00am On Jun 06, 2009
Hi,

I hope i aint dreaming but do u mind uploading a picture of that slot? Maybe you are talking about a memory card slot reader for Camera or multimedia micro sd?
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by earthrealm(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2009
LOL.
tis most def, a  card reader slot!!!!, maybe in the yr 2020, lappies wud come with mobile phone sim card slot!!, dude, op u will b alife  then,  grin

LOL, thanks guys 4 the info, n lil education!! grin , i believe now
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by lynxnoon(m): 10:45am On Jul 22, 2009
my guy wat d poster is saying is true its just dat most of dose simcard slots maybe configured on a particular frequency
just google "mobile broadband module for laptops"
n stop displaying ur obvoius ignorance angry grin
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by mjay(m): 11:16am On Jul 22, 2009
It is suprising how guys come up with their most def. answers the only thing that is def here is that there are already lappies, even netbooks with 3g slots. Wake up and be compliant, no offence meant. As per the dell you may need to cofirm if it is not already locked to the network. They do it to give the lappy away cheaply for internet connectivity on their network, but they make sure you can only use it on their own network, just like our dear mtn will always do.
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by routik(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2009
It is suprising how guys come up with their most def. answers the only thing that is def here is that there are already lappies, even netbooks with 3g slots. Wake up and be compliant, no offence meant. As per the dell you may need to cofirm if it is not already locked to the network. They do it to give the lappy away cheaply for internet connectivity on their network, but they make sure you can only use it on their own network, just like our dear mtn will always do.

you are right, is not ment for naija simcard. so @ poster go get your self a Nigeria dial up connection.
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by lynxnoon(m): 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2009
mjay:

pls do u know of any netbook wit 3G slot in dat 1 can get in naija? i know of lenovo ideapad S10e but not sure its available here
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by anddrewz: 5:48am On Aug 13, 2009
There is an HP MINI I saw with a friend here in Jos wit a sim card slot. He inserted Etisalat sim and it worked in it. Check up HP MINI wit 10" display.

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by RawVirus: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2010
I have HP Mini 110-1144NR for just 45k. In-built 3G bradband modem (Sim Slot). Its HP factory refurbished with 3 months warranty -Just coming in from US.

Works with MTN, GLO, ETISALAT , etc

10.1" display
160GB HDD
1.6 ghz Atom processor
1GB Ram

Mail josephiner22@yahoo.com if interested.
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by hustla(m): 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2010
@earthrealm and his dumbass friend, mini laptops now come wif sim slots, research before saying BS, mugus grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by Emmyk(m): 8:32am On Jan 03, 2011
Compaq Mini 110 has one.
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by Stobi1: 9:45am On Jan 03, 2011
Hello guys, I ink the issue right now should be on how one can unlock the bared laptop sim card slot just like that of 3G MTN, GLO and other modems started. What do you think about that LOL, undecided
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by Emmyk(m): 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2011
That would be Brilliant!
Re: How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop by Saddam: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2012

(0) (Reply)

Best Antivirus To Use / Creating Funny Viruses With Your Notepad / Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.