Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,518 members, 7,850,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

Please I Need Your Help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please I Need Your Help (356 Views)

Uniben... / I Scored 228 In Jamb- I Need Your Help Nairalanders / Teachers Pls I Need Your Help Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Help by frankijege(m): 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
On the 22 November, 2014, I shared my story and thank God for the opportunity to conclude my final exams as an undergraduate student of law. I looked forward to attending the Law School this year, because the admission for last year had been concluded.
Despite rounding up my examination, I still had a Long Essay to write and submit within the stipulated time. To the glory of God, did finished and submitted that in February; long before the 28!
I am an average student. Since my 100 level, my CGPA has not gone below 4.05. Therefore, I was surprised to receive a call on Monday, that my name is not on the Law School Mobilisation list of Benue State University, for the 2015/2016 session. I immediately proceeded to Benue that Monday night in order to rectify any problem that may have caused that. Sadly, all efforts I have made have met a brick wall.
When I sought to know why, I discovered my Essay supervisor who had scored me since March 18, failed or omitted to submit it to the Exam Officer. In fact, my project was dumped in a store! I told my Dean, then he asked me whether I expected him to flog my supervisor into submitting my project? Should I therefore, suffer for the laxity of my supervisor?
One reason why the Faculty has refused to add my name on the list, is the fact that the already already contains the required number based on the quota given to my school by the Law School. However, a colleague of mine has written to the Faculty notifying them of her intention not to attend the Law School this session. My Dean is aware of this, but he told me yesterday that he will give any of such space to spill over students!
The process adopted in short-listing candidates for the Law School is on the basis on merit, that is CGPA, of which I am eminently qualified. In fact, even without adding up my Long Essay, I am still the second best student in my class.
Why then is my name not on list? Should a student before made to suffer for the negligence of a lecturer? More so, if the mistake of the lecturer can be corrected, why not correct it? As at Yesterday, a students name was added on the list, why can't mine be added? Is it a student that is supposed to call an airing lecturer to order? If I submitted my project in February, and the list was released on the 22 June, 2015, am I not qualified to be mobilised? Why should I suffer for what is not my fault? Are students expected to follow up to know that their project have been submitted to the Exam officer?
I am bringing this to the public because I have exhausted all mediums of rectifying this problem and don't seem to be making progress. I beg the good people here to advise me on the way forward and also beg my Dean to do the needful. I don't have any issue with my result, and I am not want in anyway in terms of character deficiency. All I seek is the chance to attend the Nigerian Law School with my mates.
Thank you all
Frank Ijege

(1) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan Post UTME Update..... / Admission Into Penticost University Ghana Is Currently On / Nice And Wicked Lectures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.