Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration (1029 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Divepen1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
LITE is an acronym for living In The Truth Everyday. Our aim is to help writers improve and become better by our daily writing improver and annual E-Workshop and offline workshops. Our aim is to give writers awards and help writers publish their books.

Right now we are now inviting the general public to read and join other writers in writing a collaboration with the name 'Naijasaviors'.

Theme: Saving the world.

How will you write:
Use 3 characters from your ongoing story or past story to continue the story. You are free to create any event of your own. All you need to indicate your interest.
Who can join in writing?
Nairaland Writers, Other Writers who has a story online and new writers.

Your stories will be posted on our blog
Litehelp.

You can like us on Facebook

www.facebook.com/litehelp

comment and follow whats happening on twitter and facebook with the hashtag #naijasaviors

1 Like

Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Marynneka(f): 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nice one. Sounds interesting!
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Divepen1(m): 7:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Bright sky, happy mood, and smiles from even strangers show and indicate one thing: the day is going to go smoothly, and Bidemi loves days like that. Those days when he does not have to fear, when he does not have to worry.
He got out of his Toyota camry, and headed off into the office, whistling a tone he himself could not understand, all he knew was that he was enjoying this blessed day and would do anything to retain days like this.
He smiled at his secretary, shook hand with the gateman and hailed the gardener.
Bidemi is a very handsome man, the husband to the most celebrated beauty in Nigeria, the father of a little boy, and the C.E.O of the the BIG toilet rolls company. He is six feet tall, with a diamond shaped face. He was fair, broad shoulders, stands straight and the crush of many ladies.
Bidemi entered his office, and sat behind his computer. And decided to listen to the radio.
They were playing sweet music, enjoyable ones, that soothes Bidemi and made his dance in his office.
They were playing Nosa's I go always pray for you.
He enjoys that music, and the music was played on his birthday. He is not a man that can be caught offguard. His wife must have been planning a surprise birthday party because she did not wish him happy birthday that morning, unlike her. He smiled as he wonders what she had planned. And he promised himself that he would play along with any scheme and ruin it for them the last minute. He smiled and kept on dancing.
' unuhn', his secretary cleared her throat behind him, he was not surprised. He was always ready, always prepared. Bidemi smirked expecting her to sing happy birthday song, or to greet him. So, he turned gaily to face her, a big grin on his face and closed his eyes partially.
' Sir....'
' Yes....', he said like a man that wants to open the door for his lover, saying the word as if butter and honey were in his mouth.
' The meeting will be starting 8:30 sir. That's thirty minutes away', his secretary replied. She looked at him, and tried to hide her amusement by coughing; instead, she laughed loudly.
' Let me enjoy life when there's no knife placed on my neck. Meeting is for meeting people. I have to get ready by being happy. Are you feeling me?'
She smiled and turned her slender but curvy body as she catwalked out of the office.
He remembered a story he read about someone's secretary seducing him on his birthday. Bidemi promised himself he would not be like that as he went to his seat and sat to listen to the radio. He would be seduced by this lady's beauty and body.
'...and the Governor has urged everyone to try to go into hiding' a voice said urgently from the radio, ' run if you can, and don't....'
a gunshot could be heard over the radio, coming from the radio. Someone screamed and there was a ruffle.
Bidemi sat straight.
' Nigerians... This broadcast will be running everywhere in the world at this same time. This same message. Welcome to a New World'.
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Divepen1(m): 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
join the conversation on FB and twitter with #naijasaviors
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
This is awesome.
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by D9ty7(m): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
Divepen at it again with his many numerous innovations and wonderful projects on this forum. Am so following this and hopefully get to add a chapter myself.
I hope there won't be a limit as to the number of letters.
BTW, is L.I.T.E not organizing the workshop this year?
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Divepen1(m): 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
D9ty7:
Divepen at it again with his many numerous innovations and wonderful projects on this forum. Am so following this and hopefully get to add a chapter myself.
I hope there won't be a limit as to the number of letters.
BTW, is L.I.T.E not organizing the workshop this year?

We are organising. I'm still working on it
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Kitme(f): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2015
Nice! Me likey....
So, who's next?
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by D9ty7(m): 11:07am On Jun 27, 2015
Kitme:
Nice! Me likey....
So, who's next?
Anybody
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Kitme(f): 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
D9ty7:

Anybody
Like you?
Start typing right away!
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by D9ty7(m): 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
Kitme:
Like you? Start typing right away!
Don't you know I am here to observe and read?
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Kitme(f): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
D9ty7:

Don't you know I am here to observe and read?
Abomination!! If a boss like you is observing, littluns like us are meant to peep.....hmm, *crawls back to my hiding place*
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Ericardo7(m): 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
um.....I guess I'm the next to update..... Update in a bit.
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Ericardo7(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
She was beautiful. Extremely beautiful. Mudi was still trying to comprehend how someone could be so beautiful. He stole another glance at her. Her dark braids fell over her shoulders the same moment their eyes met. She flicked her sexy eyes at him.
"Look up man!", Samuel shouted at him. A pass was thrown at him. Mudi caught the ball midair, spun around 360 degrees and calculated his move.

One of the best point guards ever produced, Mudi was an excellent basketball undergraduate of The Federal University Of Petroleum Resources. Having won his way into the school team by defeating Tunde, the school captain, he had become the best player in the team and so lots of pressure was on him. They were down by 2 points with nine seconds on the clock.

Mudi spun round to face his marker. "8 seconds left!", the commentator screamed. Mudi bounced the ball, passed it through his back, faked left and moved right, leaving his marker in another planet. 6 seconds. He made for the net as he dribbled through 2 defenders. 5 seconds. He tried beating the last man but the defender was resilient. The defender forced him out.
"Mudi do something!", his coach shouted at him. Mudi pulled out of the home zone to the three point line. 3 seconds. Mudi, facing the defender took three steps backwards and faked left. The defender moved, giving him some space. Mudi took his moment, leaped and shot a three-pointer fadeaway. 1 second. The ball trailed towards the ream, drooping at the net and...

"Wake up! Wake up! We gotta get outta here. Mudi, wake up!" Mudi opened his eyes to see Sam dragging him of his bed. "Why had his friend decided to wake him up at the sweetest part of his dream?", he thought drowsily. The next thing he saw brought him back from dreamland completely. Students were screaming and running around. Mudi saw his next door neighbor grab his knapsack and run out with just his boxer shorts and singlet on. Several screaming voices disvirgined the peaceful night.
"What's going on?", he asked as he bolted up. Sam grabbed a file containing his results and gave him a shocker.
"Boko Haram. They're in Iteregbi already. They're heading for the hostel. Get your credentials lets get the hell outta here".
Mudi was dazed. The terrorists had to come to the South-South. To his school. He had to stop them.

2 Likes

Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by KingzPen(m): 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
Banji, Dede and Ireti should show up here...
*thinking*

1 Like

Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by ironkurtain(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
Not much of a good writer....am wondering if i can join
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Divepen1(m): 2:14am On Jun 29, 2015
ironkurtain:
Not much of a good writer....am wondering if i can join
of course baba
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by ironkurtain(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
I would like to follow up on Ericardo's part with my own characters.......i hope he dont mind.
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by ironkurtain(m): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
Alex opened his eyes and stared at the darkness of the room. He didn't know why he woke up but something.....or some noise must be responsible for interrupting his sleep. Then he heard it again. The noise. A gunfire from an automatic weapon. Definitely an AK 47 because he had being practising alot on how to handle that "chopper". But the student's hostel isn't the place for gunplay or practice. Especially that time of the night, unless there is trouble....a very big trouble.

Alex sprang out from the bunker bed and took cover after several gunshots echoed like a distant thunder. Then followed the sounds of commotions. Sounds of screams and stomping feet filled the corridor of the hostel he stayed in. He cautiously peeped through the window of the third floor room and saw a chaotic scene of stampede and students scampering for safety. Some were carrying their hand bags while some were almost naked as they made for where ever they thought would keep them safe.

"What the f@ck is going on?", Alex murmured.

"Terrorist.....they are about to take over the entire hostel", Eric, his bunk mate and twin brother replied.

Alex stared at the silhouette of the guy lying on the lower bunker bed like he was seeing it for the first time.

"Dude are you are wake", he asked.

"Yep.....since they let off the first shot", Eric replied unconcerned.

"How long had it being happening?".

"Ten minutes ago they started creeping into the area.....five minutes ago they fired the first round.....three minutes ago the chaos started".

"You should have woken me up earlier", Alex retorted. "Are you trying to get us killed?",

"Well i could have left you earlier", Eric murmured as he sat up on his bed.

"Dude please leave the sibling rivalry for now......there is a group of men with a f@cked up ideology coming at us", Alex said with alot of concern. "And they are armed with banana clips and sh;ts to mow down anything that disagrees with them".

Eric got out of bed and grabbed the big black bag under it. It looked like a traveling luggage.

"What are we gonna do?", Alex asked as he watch eric unzip the bag while holding a pen like torchlight inbetween his lips. "There could be like dozens of them if not scores. And you heard mom's order. Not to leave until the mission is completed.

"Well.....", Eric began after he held the flashlight and shone the light on the content of the bag. "They could be a minor setback or our executioners", he continued and then he grabbed the UMP submachine gun and a 12 gauge sawed off. "Either way it is killing time", he handed the 12 gauge to Alex who stared at the gun as if wondering what to do with it. "And i prefer to be the one doing it......so let's go have some deadly disagreements with those cowards".

1 Like

Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by ironkurtain(m): 3:09am On Jul 12, 2015
What happened?, no one is writing?
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by SofiaAmrozia(f): 9:06am On Jul 30, 2015
I'm hooked n hanging with the sword of Damacles on my head. Noone is writing again?
Re: Naijasaviors -A Nlcollaboration by Divepen1(m): 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
SofiaAmrozia:
I'm hooked n hanging with the sword of Damacles on my head. Noone is writing again?
Coming in soon

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kadarshian And Eshu (the God Of The Yorubas) / Entangled Souls (episode 1) / My Witch (A Twisted Tale; Twists You'd Never Expect)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.