Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

I Was Threatened With A Pistol - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Was Threatened With A Pistol (1411 Views)

Remi Tinubu Says Dino Melaye Threatened To Rape Her,petitions APC Saraki. / IG Of Police..is That A Baton Or A Pistol In His Pocket..? / Coalition Of Fct Natives Threatened Fg Over Ommission In The Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Threatened With A Pistol by naijainstinct: 1:00am On Jun 27, 2015
I'm not sure of what section to post this thread. This was my experience today in Kubwa, a satellite town in Abuja.

Around 6pm, I left my house to see a friend in Kubwa. While I was on a motorbike to my friend's house, a car stopped abruptly at the middle of a major road, almost causing the bike I rode on to crash into the car from behind but for the swift manoeuvring by the bike man.

I was disappointed when I realized that the driver of that vehicle only made that dangerous halt because he wanted to drop someone quickly without parking properly. The bike man quickly moved the bike close to the driver's window and we both tried to caution the driver against repeating such a dangerous act. Rather than apologize and move on, the driver began to rain insults on us by calling us all sorts of unprintable names. Out of anger, I replied him by calling him a wicked man & a lunatic not sane enough to handle the steering of a vehicle.

Within a twinkling of an eye, the man alighted from his car (a car with a private company logo crested on it) and pointed an English pistol at me, threatening severally to shoot at me if I dare repeat a word.

I was torn between confronting him and watch him carry out his threat or quietly walking away. Infact, I was dumbfounded and felt trampled upon. I thought of copying down his car plate number and filing a complain at the nearest police station but I was too perplexed to do so. After intervention by several people who witnessed the whole event, the man finally went back into his vehicle and zoomed off. He was neither on any military or paramilitary uniform nor had any embel or sign to show he was a security personnel.

I really couldn't describe how I felt; but it was indeed a fusion of anger, humiliation, disappointment and fear. Yes, FEAR! I have hitherto heard of cases whereby innocent people get killed by gunshots after a slight argument.

In case of a future occurence, how best can one deal with a situation like this?

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by DickDastardly(m): 1:58am On Jun 27, 2015
Go give testimony on your survival in church. you could have been toast you know

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 27, 2015
Really scary!!!

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 27, 2015
Must be a police or military man 'cos a DSS agent can never draw his pistol so easily even when angered.

Thank your stars bro, those 1diots are trigger-insensitive. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Truckpusher(m): 3:01am On Jun 27, 2015
This is why you need to carry a legal firearm or even illegal one, even ordinary dagger. cool

No time and no joy to be threatened by one iidiot just because he has a military background with a gun - We both are dying at that spot. cool

Next time walk away but make sure you trace him and take your pound of flesh - I can feel your humiliation but again you have a chance to bite back now unless you've got a poor memory ,because you'll always come across him in that neighborhood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
This is why you need to carry a legal firearm or even illegal one, even ordinary dagger. cool

No time and no joy to be threatened by one iidiot just because he has a military background with a gun - We both are dying at that spot. cool

Next time walk away but make sure you trace him and take your pound of flesh - I can feel your humiliation but again you have a chance to bite back now unless you've got a poor memory ,because you'll always come across him in that neighborhood.
Bros say the truth, what number of bottle are you in now? 7th bottle I guess. grin

You want my korofo brother to join his ancestors without having a single white hair in his head abi. grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Truckpusher(m): 3:14am On Jun 27, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Bros say the truth, what number of bottle are you in now? 7th bottle I guess. grin

You want my korofo brother to join his ancestors without having a single white hair in his head abi. grin
Lol, truth is that it hurts when weaklings with a barge use their barge to intimidate and harass people anyway they feel like.

This is why you need to be sophisticated in this animal farm called 'Nigeria' grin grin

Try that shiit with me and get your ass cleaned up for good. cool

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lol, truth is that it hurts when weaklings with a barge use their barge to intimidate and harass people anyway they feel like.

This is why you need to be sophisticated in this animal farm called 'Nigeria' grin grin

Try that shiit with me and get your ass clean up for good. cool
You're calling the rat sorry giant of Africa an animal farm.

Buhari must hear this. grin
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Truckpusher(m): 3:22am On Jun 27, 2015
IdiAmin1:
You're calling the rat sorry giant of Africa an animal farm.

Buhari must hear this. grin
grin grin grin

Bro, this country is a classic example of an animal farm.

If that young man didn't show any restrain and used his head he would have winded up dead and labelled a carjacker at the same time.

But if I was in his shoes,I will react the same way - But I will make him pay,don't ask me how.

There are people you don't fucck with and go scot free. cool

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 4:07am On Jun 27, 2015
IdiAmin1:

If I transfer my aggression to you ehn, na me you dey call 'korofo'? angry Abi you sef get gun ni? grin
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 27, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
If I transfer my aggression to you ehn, na me you dey call 'korofo'? angry Abi you sef get gun ni? grin
Bros why you no fit halla the man like this naa.

Na for where I dey you wan do gara gara.

Truckpusher, abeg borrow me your gun? grin
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 4:16am On Jun 27, 2015
@OP, No be small matter o! Good you applied wisdom. But if na me, I go kill beg the man sharp sharp. grin
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 4:17am On Jun 27, 2015
IdiAmin1:

tongue I dey fear you?
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Nobody: 4:21am On Jun 27, 2015
Truckpusher:

. . . . . It is only a mad man that argues with a man that is with a gun! Trace fire!

1 Like

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by naijainstinct: 4:24am On Jun 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin grin

Bro, this country is a classic example of an animal farm.

If that young man didn't show any restrain and used his head he would have winded up dead and labelled a carjacker at the same time.

But if I was in his shoes,I will react the same way - But I will make him pay,don't ask me how.

There are people you don't fucck with and go scot free. cool
Seriously, I was helpless and couldn't think straight. Maybe it's because this is my first time of experiencing something like this. I wasn't myself all through yester evening. I felt so humiliated and cheated that if I had a gun, metaphysical powers or a powerful influence, that man wouldn't see the next day. angry embarassed I think I just realized why people become hardened or mean or desire power and influence at all cost.
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by naijainstinct: 4:34am On Jun 27, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
@OP, No be small matter o! Good you applied wisdom. But if na me, I go kill beg the man sharp sharp. grin

IdiAmin1:

Rumpelstiltskin:
grin
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Truckpusher(m): 5:17am On Jun 27, 2015
naijainstinct:
Seriously, I was helpless and couldn't think straight. Maybe it's because this is my first time of experiencing something like this. I wasn't myself all through yester evening. I felt so humiliated and cheated that if I had a gun, metaphysical powers or a powerful influence, that man wouldn't see the next day. angry embarassed I think I just realized why people become hardened or mean or desire power and influence at all cost.
You're right.

My cousin had a fight at a filling station with some cultist that wanted to extort money from him and he was beaten up badly and luckily for him there was these JTF guys around and every one of then was arrested including himself .Me and some friends that were around my house went together in their make-shift base to demand for his release to enable us give the young man some medical treatment and before you could say 'Jack Robbinson' these army boys started acting up and and ask us to sit down on the floor which we obeyed and they separated us and started questioning us which we answered.

After questioning us and going through our phones ,they asked us to park our cars and power bikes inside their compound and we obeyed ,then came the drama ;They started questioning us allover again and after I've introduced myself they ask me to go but I calmly explained to the commander that I was the one that brought my friends here and can't leave without them and the man flared up, accusing me that I'm the ring leader and ask us sit on the floor again and spread our legs while asking the other 'yes sir' soldier to shoot our legs.

We refused to spread our legs and instead stood up and was ready for them and our number was quite intimidating - They sent us to a dungeon ,took our phones and before we knew what was happening they brought in one other guy and he started these amazing stories about how petitions are already coming in saying that we are Militants ,cultist and robbers .

To cut a long story short ,we had to use a phone concealed by one of us to call someone in Abuja before those iidiots released us and started making friends and apologizing but I was furious and there was nothing I didn't think of carrying out immediately we left, but sometimes you just have to let slide before somebody will get hurt.

I later found out that they actually delayed us to enable them evacuate my cousin and the other boys that were involved in the fight to a safer place and they needed to delay us because they were afraid that with those power bikes and our numbers we will be able to chase them down and confront them - And I respected them too for making such an intelligent decision even though they went too far.

Sometimes our military men behave like cows - I got my first beating from a police man when I was twelve because of catapult which my intent was not to shoot at him but he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. grin grin

The man use police belt finish my bombom no be small. grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Truckpusher(m): 5:18am On Jun 27, 2015
modelmike7:
. . . . . It is only a mad man that argues with a man that is with a gun! Trace fire!
You never see where boys dey tell police man say this ya gun na water. grin grin

For Niger Delta here we dun see dem finish and we know how they think. grin
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Truckpusher(m): 5:19am On Jun 27, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Dem dey write say 'I get gun' for forehead.

Na when e dun set . grin
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by naijainstinct: 9:55am On Jun 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
You're right.

My cousin had a fight at a filling station with some cultist that wanted to extort money from him and he was beaten up badly and luckily for him there was these JTF guys around and every one of then was arrested including himself .Me and some friends that were around my house went together in their make-shift base to demand for his release to enable us give the young man some medical treatment and before you could say 'Jack Robbinson' these army boys started acting up and and ask us to sit down on the floor which we obeyed and they separated us and started questioning us which we answered.

After questioning us and going through our phones ,they asked us to park our cars and power bikes inside their compound and we obeyed ,then came the drama ;They started questioning us allover again and after I've introduced myself they ask me to go but I calmly explained to the commander that I was the one that brought my friends here and can't leave without them and the man flared up, accusing me that I'm the ring leader and ask us sit on the floor again and spread our legs while asking the other 'yes sir' soldier to shoot our legs.

We refused to spread our legs and instead stood up and was ready for them and our number was quite intimidating - They sent us to a dungeon ,took our phones and before we knew what was happening they brought in one other guy and he started these amazing stories about how petitions are already coming in saying that we are Militants ,cultist and robbers .

To cut a long story short ,we had to use a phone concealed by one of us to call someone in Abuja before those iidiots released us and started making friends and apologizing but I was furious and there was nothing I didn't think of carrying out immediately we left, but sometimes you just have to let slide before somebody will get hurt.

I later found out that they actually delayed us to enable them evacuate my cousin and the other boys that were involved in the fight to a safer place and they needed to delay us because they were afraid that with those power bikes and our numbers we will be able to chase them down and confront them - And I respected them too for making such an intelligent decision even though they went too far.

Sometimes our military men behave like cows - I got my first beating from a police man when I was twelve because of catapult which my intent was not to shoot at him but he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. grin grin

The man use police belt finish my bombom no be small. grin grin grin
grin Bros, you're really a funny man. I've laughed so much that I even forgot I was angry over this issue. I have handed over the man to 'God's court'. If he continues in that manner, he will meet his waterloo soon. But is it considered an offence by law to point a gun indiscriminately at someone even as a security personnel? Can such an offender be reported and charged to court for this offence? The manner in which that man left with confidence yester evening, he was convinced and definitely satisfied that I was intimidated and if he has the chance, he will do the same to other people because he felt no remorse.
Re: I Was Threatened With A Pistol by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 27, 2015
A lot of insane people roaming on the street.

Op, you did the best tin. Come to tink of it, there is no amount of humilation that will be bigger than your life.

Just let it go, to avoid “story that touches the hrt“.

Probably that guy must be high on sometin, so let him go on his own and use the pistol to take his own life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[Disgraceful Pic] Is This A Weaver Bird Nest? / I Used To Take Lagos For Granted, Until NYSC Made Me Visit Other States. / 20 Types Of People We Met In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.