Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,298 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Important Ways To Simplify How You Read - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Important Ways To Simplify How You Read (21213 Views)

7 Ways To Remember Everything You Read In The Exam Hall / 12 Important Ways To make The Best Out Of Your Undergraduate Days / How Do You Read To Understand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Prec1ous(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2015
WAYS TO SIMPLIFY HOW YOU READ
By: PRECIOUS IRIAEVHO

The popular saying goes thus, learning is a continuous process and its completion is at death.
It is worthy to note that we learn with each passing second on earth – knowingly or passively; formally and informally.

The formal aspect is where our discuss will veer towards today because it is the innate urge to learn more that has stretched the curiosity of man to all field and the only solace and joy so far is in the ability to fully grasp and comprehend al the varying concepts.

Man been a higher specie further saw the reason for an organized gathering or a location where learning can be done orderly and with maximum effect, thus the concept of school and higher institutions.

Every person today is in a learning process -at work, school {university, secondary e.t.c} and the circle continues, but the need to ingrain the ideas for practice of the theoretical concept learned and In most case to pass an exam that ushers one to a new level of success and achievement, hence the word READING.

Reading can easily be illustrated as trying to understand an idea, theory for long term use, I suppose you have a definition for it too?

GET YOUR LOCATION

Some people thrive well in classrooms, others the library, some the garden, cafeteria, sidewalk, I even saw a guy reading on the toilet seat, whatever works for you.

You have to discover your location, which is the place where your assimilating powers are heightened, it’s not really about the distractions, and it’s the effort you can put towards full concentration.

Find your location and stick to it.

TIMING MATTERS
While we keep getting news of individuals doing long hours of reading, you might be forced to wonder if there is an upcoming reading marathon coming up. The truth is that is what works for them, but also we have those who cannot even go beyond thirty 30 minutes.

You have to know yourself – if you are a marathon reader or a snack reader, that way you can flow better with time and put efficiency to your reading abilities.

FIELD AND SUBJECT IN VIEW

With a vast array of subjects and fields that have intersection with theoretical writing, mathematical calculations and analysis to even abstract thinking, it is noteworthy that the student has a prior grasp and understanding of the subject matter or it will just be another case of pouring water into a basket.

And another tip here is to rotate, if you are get bored of a mathematical based subject, switch to totally mathematical unrelated subject or what have you.it works all the time.

MOTIVATING FACTOR

It has been shown repeatedly that man tend to achieve more in any endeavor or activity when there is a motivating factor or incentive.
In this case reading is the activity, reward yourself for any reading achievement either by taking a chilled drink or a snack break, it works all the time.

Set reading landmarks and goals and abide all through like a sheep.

BUT wait, wait, what is more motivation than the fear of failing an exam or going blank in the interview and examination hall, you don’t want to experience this so read!

CONTINUE READING

Yes, to simplify how you read and get a full understanding you just have to keep reading, everywhere you go, take a book along

Read before you sleep, even when you wake, just keep reading and in a short time it will get so simple for you.

Or have you never heard that “READERS ARE LEADERS”

Get to comment other ways you have been able to simplify how you read and let others learn, so we can turn the world to one big knowledge pool because every is READING!

THANKS.

http://collegereap.com/ways-to-simplify-how-you-read/

47 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by ceeSleek(m): 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nice one bro, i think these are the basics. Let me add a little, eating heavy food before reading can also cause an havoc, improper illumination and ventilation while reading also. All these, are little, but can also matter.

7 Likes

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Dindondin(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
brb
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Feranmicharles(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
OP you know what?

I didn't read anything in this your epistle,not even a linegrin

6 Likes

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
BROS FORGET THAT RUBBISH WERE YOU JUST TALK SOundecided

ALL NIGERIA SCHOOL, IF THE LECTURER WON FAIL YOU DEM GO FAIL YOU.

IF YOU WON GET GO AND QUALITY EDUCATION, JUST TRY STUDY ABROAD, WITH LITTLE OR NO READING YOU MUST SURELY COME OUT WITH GOOD GRADE, UNLESS YOU DON DEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO DRUG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by AnointedG(f): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
those points u listed up there are for people dat wants to read and pass exams.

as for people like us dat read to argue, we go by the headings abi headlines or topic and jump into any conclusion suitable to us angry

5 Likes

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
Wow...am inspired.

1 Like

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by lonelydora: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
You should have told me this long tym ago.

Since Dangote didn't read as much as I read back in school and he's the richest black man, I don't read again.

Working on my album, not like Airforce 1 though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Horlawale1(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
Cool
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
who still reads?
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
m
Prec1ous:

The popular saying goes thus, learning is a continuous process and its completion is at death.
It is worthy to note that we learn with each passing second on earth – knowingly or passively; formally and informally.
The formal aspect is where our discuss will veer towards today because it is the innate urge to learn more that has stretched the curiosity of man to all field and the only solace and joy so far is in the ability to fully grasp and comprehend al the varying concepts.
Man been a higher specie further saw the reason for an organized gathering or a location where learning can be done orderly and with maximum effect, thus the concept of school and higher institutions.
Every person today is in a learning process -at work, school {university, secondary e.t.c} and the circle continues, but the need to ingrain the ideas for practice of the theoretical concept learned and In most case to pass an exam that ushers one to a new level of success and achievement, hence the word READING.
Reading can easily be illustrated as trying to understand an idea, theory for long term use, I suppose you have a definition for it too?

GET YOUR LOCATION

Some people thrive well in classrooms, others the library, some the garden, cafeteria, sidewalk, I even saw a guy reading on the toilet seat, whatever works for you.
You have to discover your location, which is the place where your assimilating powers are heightened, it’s not really about the distractions, and it’s the effort you can put towards full concentration.
TIMING MATTERS
While we keep getting news of individuals doing long hours of reading, you might be forced to wonder if there is an upcoming reading marathon coming up. The truth is that is what works for them, but also we have those who cannot even go beyond thirty 30 minutes.
You have to know yourself – if you are a marathon reader or a snack reader, that way you can flow better with time and put efficiency to your reading abilities.
With a vast array of subjects and fields that have intersection with theoretical writing, mathematical calculations and analysis to even abstract thinking, it is noteworthy that the student has a prior grasp and understanding of the subject matter or it will just be another case of pouring water into a basket.
And another tip here is to rotate, if you are get bored of a mathematical based subject, switch to totally mathematical unrelated subject or what have you.it works all the time.
MOTIVATING FACTOR
It has been shown repeatedly that man tend to achieve more in any endeavor or activity when there is a motivating factor or incentive.
In this case reading is the activity, reward yourself for any reading achievement either by taking a chilled drink or a snack break, it works all the time.
BUT wait, wait, what is more motivation than the fear of failing an exam or going blank in the interview and examination hall, you don’t want to experience this so read!
CONTINUE READING
Yes, to simplify how you read and get a full understanding you just have to keep reading, everywhere you go, take a book along
Read before you sleep, even when you wake, just keep reading and in a short time it will get so simple for you.
Get to comment other ways you have been able to simplify how you read and let others learn, so we can turn the world to one big knowledge pool because every is READING!
THANKS.

1 Like

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Hysmady(m): 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
Tell em lazy readers on NL...
Thumbs up OP tongue
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
why
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
The most important thing is to know yourself. For what some people can cover by reader for like five hours or more, other people can cover it in like an hour or even less.

God knows that I don't like reading anymore since I realize that one man without certificate is now the president of our lovely country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by wunmi590(m): 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
$
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
m

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by pus11: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2015

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by jasmine01s: 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
kk
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by jamex93(m): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
cool points

its good u go on break while reading, n i tink dat shouldnt b considered under motivation

but talking of motivational, i tink your cgp is enof to do dat

if your cgp cant motivate you to read, den u should return home n get some thing els to do
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
grin
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
cool
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
Z
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Justicealh3(m): 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
No ztrength to komment for this post.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by tempem: 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
You mean Z?
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Largeese(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
How is this Romantic?
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Ambi25: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
I am actually working on how to type fast on my New system.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Horlawale1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Readers are leaders. My favorite quote to my students.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by DICKtator: 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Prec1ous:

GET YOUR LOCATION

TIMING MATTERS

MOTIVATING FACTOR

CONTINUE READING

THANKS.

At op?

What are you trying to said?

I couldn't red all that you have write

Can you helep me to simply it?

Be cursed it was too longing for me to red!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by sule5727: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
lindaikeji..com

1 Like

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by mentorandfriend(m): 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
When an intelligent topic makes front page, know that change has come to nairaland.

Good one op.

3 Likes

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by seedorfg(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
you mean after exam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIBEN Vc’s ALLEGED POISONING: ‘lecturers Punished For ‘crimes Against Humanity / 10 Things That Happen During Maths Exam / University Of Lagos (unilag) Diploma/foundation 2012/2013 Official Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.