Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? (2020 Views)

Deleted Thread !!! / 3 Reasons Why African Gods Are Useless / SONGS That Make You Feel GODS Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:06am On Jun 27, 2015
How many Gods are there, one or many?

cf. Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8 and Genesis 1:26; 3:22; 11:7; 1 Cor. 8:5; I John 5:8

One God:

"Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!" (Deuteronomy 6:4).

". . .Before Me [YHWH] there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me" (Isaiah 43:10).

". . .there is no God besides Me" (Isaiah 44:6).

". . .And you are My witnesses. Is there any God besides Me, or is there any other Rock? I know of none" (Isaiah 44:8.)

Many gods:

"Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness . . . .'" (Genesis 1:26).

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil . . . .'" (Genesis 3:22).

"Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other" (Genesis 11:7)

"For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords" )" (1 Corinthians 8:5).

"For there are three that bear witness, the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement" (1 John 5:8.)

The Holy Scriptures tell us that there is only one God in all existence (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8.) However, it also mentions "other gods so, how many Gods are there, one or many?
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Polithiefcian(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2015
K
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by mistabiola: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2015
I believe there is only one God.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by enigstil(m): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2015
Well, u are right in everything said.There are a lot of such in the bible that's actually very confusing and conflicting.And if you make a move of pointing it out or criticizing it in the church or amongst brethren, the first thing they do is to tell you you are possessed.Checkout Genesis again, the first man created was an hermaphrodite, carrying both female and male entity in a male body, that was the one God referred to as the one created in his image.After creation he caused the rain to fall on the ground, after which he created man of the dust which is me and you.From which came forth Eve.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by delishpot: 10:31am On Jun 27, 2015
The supreme said let "us" so I will say God has others working hand in hand with him but we know not howmany they are. They were not listed.

........According to delishpots theory.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 27, 2015
and xtians believe in three Gods smh
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by johnw74: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

cf. Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8 and Genesis 1:26; 3:22; 11:7; 1 Cor. 8:5; I John 5:8

One God:

". . .Before Me [YHWH] there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me" (Isaiah 43:10).

". . .And you are My witnesses. Is there any God besides Me, or is there any other Rock? I know of none" (Isaiah 44:8.)

Many gods:

"Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness . . . .'" (Genesis 1:26).

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil . . . .'" (Genesis 3:22).

"Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other" (Genesis 11:7)

"For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords" )" (1 Corinthians 8:5).

"For there are three that bear witness, the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement" (1 John 5:8.)

The Holy Scriptures tell us that there is only one God in all existence (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8.) However, it also mentions "other gods so, how many Gods are there, one or many?

There are many gods,
but here is only One True God:

Jer_10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

The other person in Genesis 1:26, Genesis 3:22 and Genesis 11:7 that you mentioned, is the Word

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by thorpido(m): 11:06am On Jun 27, 2015
crusadistic:
and xtians believe in three Gods smh
Who are those three Gods Christians 'claim'(or you claim) they believe in.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by thorpido(m): 11:11am On Jun 27, 2015
There is only One God as some of the scriptures quoted by Op has shown.

However,there is a REVELATION of THIS ONE GOD.
For there are three that bear witness,the spirit and the water and the blood;and the three are in agreement(1 John 5:8 ).Now this is too big for religious minds to comprehend.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 27, 2015
Genesis was an account of Genetics and DNA. The manipulation of several Adamus from being Hydrogenous to male and female.

God is an erroneous information to shield the true identities of the Extraterrestrials who manipulated the both sexed beings on the planet. Just like Genetics 1;26 claimed"Let US make man in OUR image and after OUR likeness. A verse which is pretty much straight to the
point.

And of course,every army will have a general(God/Yahweh standeth in the congregation of the mighty, he judgeth among the gods. Psalm 82:1) After all our society have only taken after the Extraterrestrial who gave us our first civilization,wars and how to make fire and weapons. Unfortunately the E.T general was Yahweh/Enkidu who was a jealous being and ruled with iron hand. He made humans labor in the garden and worship him until some certain individuals(otherwise called the serpent,and serpent is an venetian symbol of wisdom) This involved adding to man's DNA and thus making him a curious being.

Let us go down, and there confound their language. Genesis 11:7. This was an evidence that after a period of time man began to ask question and started coping the gods in various acts like war,leadership,seeking knowledge and being stubborn......which led to the gods seeking ways to destroy and manipulate them.

My point is.....There is no one "so called" God. There were many and at some point humans stopped obeying them. They may have tricked some of us into creating a Religion for them,but they are nothing special at all. Everything the ancient humans saw were nothing but technology of the gods,mistranslated into miracles and being superhuman.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2015
johnw74:

There are many gods,
but here is only One True God:

Jer_10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

The other person in Genesis 1:26, Genesis 3:22 and Genesis 11:7 that you mentioned, is the Word

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

How do you feel about your explanation? You need to seek for real knowledge mate and not this crap a lil baby will laugh at.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 27, 2015
Another look at the genetic/creation story that doesn't match with one god.

Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Hiswordxray(m): 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
ifeness:
Genesis was an account of Genetics and DNA. The manipulation of several Adamus from being Hydrogenous to male and female.

God is an erroneous information to shield the true identities of the Extraterrestrials who manipulated the both sexed beings on the planet. Just like Genetics 1;26 claimed"Let US make man in OUR image and after OUR likeness. A verse which is pretty much straight to the
point.

And of course,every army will have a general(God/Yahweh standeth in the congregation of the mighty, he judgeth among the gods. Psalm 82:1) After all our society have only taken after the Extraterrestrial who gave us our first civilization,wars and how to make fire and weapons. Unfortunately the E.T general was Yahweh/Enkidu who was a jealous being and ruled with iron hand. He made humans labor in the garden and worship him until some certain individuals(otherwise called the serpent,and serpent is an venetian symbol of wisdom) This involved adding to man's DNA and thus making him a curious being.

Let us go down, and there confound their language. Genesis 11:7. This was an evidence that after a period of time man began to ask question and started coping the gods in various acts like war,leadership,seeking knowledge and being stubborn......which led to the gods seeking ways to destroy and manipulate them.

My point is.....There is no one "so called" God. There were many and at some point humans stopped obeying them. They may have tricked some of us into creating a Religion for them,but they are nothing special at all. Everything the ancient humans saw were nothing but technology of the gods,mistranslated into miracles and being superhuman.

Is this the junk you went to settle for after realizing that you are too sinful to live the Christian life?
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Is this the junk you went to settle for after realizing that you are too sinful to live the Christian life?

Analysis how it is junk or don't quote me at all.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Medicis(m): 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
1 John 5:7New King James Version (NKJV)

7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Hiswordxray(m): 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
ifeness:

Analysis how it is junk or don't quote me at all.
How do you know about these extraterrestrial?
Have you seen them before?
Give me one tangible evident that they exist.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Medicis(m): 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

One God:

Many gods:

. There are some verses in Qur'an which refer to God as a plural entity, like:

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِ نَفْسُهُ ۖ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ

And WE have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and WE are closer to him than [his] jugular vein (Surat Qāf 50:16)
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hiswordxray:

How do you know about these extraterrestrial?
Have you seen them before?
Give me one tangible evident that they exist.

There is lots of evidence around the world,even your favorite book;the Bible.

And the sons of goods look down on the daughters of men(from a space-craft)

The book of Enoch was clearly an interaction between men and men not born on this planet.but who also recorded encounters with angels who settled among his people and even fathered children with earth woman who in turn processed mysterious powers, physical stature and strength.

Indigenous people of North America and pieces of carved sculpture they created which depicted ancient gods, including their flying machines.

Ezekiel and the Wheel(space-ship) he had contact with,and even went as far as describing the black being(burnt brass) he had encounter with.

The space-ship that Landed on Mount Sinai,which created a lot of noise that terrified the people around.

Now moving away from the bible which you know well. The super-human gods of Egypt,Babylon and even creation stories in Africa points at the sky as the home of the gods.

The question shouldn't be about me giving you proof. The challenge to you having an open mind to accept facts and not fictions.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by johnw74: 12:10am On Jun 28, 2015
ifeness:

How do you feel about your explanation? You need to seek for real knowledge mate and not this crap a lil baby will laugh at.

Who do you think you are fooling?
only enemies of the LORD laugh at the Bible.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by johnw74: 12:20am On Jun 28, 2015
Medicis:
1 John 5:7New King James Version (NKJV)

7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

That's a good verse for this thread,
we know that God is one through scriptures,
and that verse shows that the one God is the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit.
Good verse for trinity threads too.

Gal_3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 28, 2015
johnw74:

Who do you think you are fooling?
only enemies of the LORD laugh at the Bible.

Which of the lords are you protecting ? Slave
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by johnw74: 12:27am On Jun 28, 2015
ifeness:

No He protects me
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 28, 2015
johnw74:

No He protects me

From what?
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by johnw74: 12:43am On Jun 28, 2015
ifeness:

From what?

What I meant was if you could read between the lines is that my Lord
does not need protecting.

ifeness:

Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 28, 2015
johnw74:

What I meant was if you could read between the lines is that my Lord
does not need protecting.

So why attack me for attacking your dead lord?
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by johnw74: 1:14am On Jun 28, 2015
ifeness:

So why attack me

You call that attack smiley

for attacking your dead lord?

You, are the Godless dead

Mar_12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 28, 2015
johnw74:

You call that attack smiley

You, are the Godless dead

Mar_12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

Does your ancient book's quote make you feel good?
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by johnw74: 1:52am On Jun 28, 2015
ifeness:

Does your ancient book's quote make you feel good?

Yes, it's good to give correction via the scriptures.

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Hiswordxray(m): 6:31am On Jun 28, 2015
ifeness:

There is lots of evidence around the world,even your favorite book;the Bible.

And the sons of goods look down on the daughters of men(from a space-craft)

The book of Enoch was clearly an interaction between men and men not born on this planet.but who also recorded encounters with angels who settled among his people and even fathered children with earth woman who in turn processed mysterious powers, physical stature and strength.

Indigenous people of North America and pieces of carved sculpture they created which depicted ancient gods, including their flying machines.

Ezekiel and the Wheel(space-ship) he had contact with,and even went as far as describing the black being(burnt brass) he had encounter with.

The space-ship that Landed on Mount Sinai,which created a lot of noise that terrified the people around.

Now moving away from the bible which you know well. The super-human gods of Egypt,Babylon and even creation stories in Africa points at the sky as the home of the gods.

The question shouldn't be about me giving you proof. The challenge to you having an open mind to accept facts and not fictions.

Human beings grin
We told you God exist and you said give Me proof. We point to the Bible and you said that's is not a proof. We point to miracles and you said that what we call are just natural. Then you claim Mr wise saying you can scientifically explain everything we call miracles so we lipsrsealed

And now you say there are extraterrestrial but we said give us proof. Then you point to the same Bible that you disapprove of and you point to the same miracles that you call natural grin grin grin undecided

Now tell me, who is dumb and who is wise?
Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 28, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Human beings grin
We told you God exist and you said give Me proof. We point to the Bible and you said that's is not a proof. We point to miracles and you said that what we call are just natural. Then you claim Mr wise saying you can scientifically explain everything we call miracles so we lipsrsealed

And now you say there are extraterrestrial but we said give us proof. Then you point to the same Bible that you disapprove of and you point to the same miracles that you call natural grin grin grin undecided

Now tell me, who is dumb and who is wise?

The Bible(larger part of it has got nothing to do with your religion) is an account of Time travelers/extraterrestrials who are flesh and blood like you and I. The accounts of alien abductions and DNA manipulation are stuff which shouldn't be worshiped. I never said God exist,I said those beings are not god. There is no God!!! Stop saying I said there was a God.

I used the bible because that is the only book you know.

Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 28, 2015
Now I will give you some of the original stories before they got into your "Bible"

Re: How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2015
Don't be a man of one book...you need evidence from several others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unanswered Question In The Bible That Needs To Be Cleared / Kissing The Popes Ring, Why? / What Happens When We DIE - The FOUR Afterlife Fates (nagualism).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.