Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills (2857 Views)

Want To Know The Effect Of A Nuclear Bomb On Your Home Town? / World War Three Warning - How To Survive A Nuclear Bomb / Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
This thread is to shade more light on my Oga sile12 thread on front page and what really happens when u are caught in a nuclear blast(god forbid bad thing grin)
Read and learn
anyone in the blast area or ground zero will be vaporized or carbonized

supersonic shockwaves coming from ground zero will fling you off walls like you were nothing but paper doll, breaking your bones that take care of your internal organs

radioactive gamma rays, that can pass through walls, will attack the cells of the human body

people beyond the blast site will be skinned literally by the scorching heat and radioactive shockwaves

and let's not forget:

buildings collapsing on you

fire burning people trapped in the buildings

shrapnel from glass, wood and concrete blasted by the shockwaves

if you are unlucky enough to be alive after getting caught in the blast, you'd be very thirsty. drinking water will trigger a breakdown in your internal organs. but of course, you didn't know that. so you'd drink any kind of water you'd find. if you can't find one and if you're lucky enough, there will be rain and you'd be thankful enough to drink it. unfortunately, rain water from a nuclear bomb site is radioactive and therefore, poisonous

stress

mental breakdown

loss of natural resources necessary for industrial competitiveness

Also to give a little more insight on how radiation work s if u get too much of it
Lets say you get 7 Gray of ionizing radiation.
That is enough to kill you, on average, even
with good and immediate medical treatment.
Radiation is just particles, either massed
particles like protons or neutrons, or massless
ones like photons, aka light. In the case of
photons, what we call radiation (in the bad for
you sense) is just photons with way more
energy than something like visible light. A
visible light photon has an energy of 1.5-3.5
eV; a gamma ray (bad radiation) has an
energy of 200,000-3,000,000 eV.
Getting 7 Gray of whole-body radiation means
that every kilogram of your body has been
exposed to as much as 200,000,000,000,000
of these dangerous photons.
Because the photons have so much energy
they are "ionizing radiation". The photon goes
shooting though your body, missing a lot of
stuff because photons are small and atoms
are mostly empty space. But eventually the
photon crashes into something, either an
electron or an atom's nucleus, and it gets
blown out of the atom.
Suddenly the atom is no longer a chilled out
atom, making up a molecule. It's now an ion,
and it can't be part of the molecule any more
because it has a charge. The molecule breaks.
Maybe that molecule was a strand of DNA.
Maybe it was a hemoglobin protein in a red
blood cell, trying to carry oxygen. Maybe it
was a molecule of water, and now there's
super reactive hydrogen and hydroxide ions
inside a cell, looking for the first thing to react
with.
You're exposed to radiation all the time. Your
cells have ways of fixing it, including killing the
cell because the damage is too great. Not a
big deal at low rates, your body makes new
cells, everything works out.
But not when each kilogram of your body sees
trillions of individual radiation events. Your
body only has trillions of cells. Literally every
single cell is exposed to hundreds of ionizing
particles by itself.
So in the end, too many of your cells are too
broken and can't be repaired. You are the sum
of your cells, and when enough of them die, so
do you.

Not my own work.
May u never encounter such in life
Have a nice day folks

2 Likes

Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by bestyclass(f): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Amen..thanks for the prayers!! have a nice day too.

2 Likes

Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Jetjacky(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
my God, thanks for the info. is that your major man? @OP

1 Like

Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Jetjacky(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
:groundnutoil (m)
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Jetjacky(m): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
:groundnutoil (m)
[url]groundnutoil (m)
[/url]groundnutoil (m)
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
Oga seun a beg help move to make peeps learn a beg wink
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Jetjacky(m): 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
how do you tag somebody here self!
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
Jetjacky:
my God, thanks for the info. is that your major man? @OP
am a chemical engineering student in futo so I guess so cool

1 Like

Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
Jetjacky:
how do you tag somebody here self!
call dia username
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Jetjacky(m): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
groundnutoil did you get a notification as I wrote your username?

well that's very informative. did you research on this or you do study a related field to this?
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
grin grin grin

I have no idea of why I am laughing, but still . . .
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin grin

I have no idea of why I am laughing, but still . . .
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin laff d gud for body

1 Like

Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
Jetjacky:
groundnutoil did you get a notification as I wrote your username?

well that's very informative. did you research on this or you do study a related field to this?
yes I did and I am also studying something related

1 Like

Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Angelou(m): 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
A nuclear blast is the worst thing that can happen 2 humanity right now
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Pinocchioo(f): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
groundnutoil:
Oga seun a beg help move to make peeps learn a beg wink

nice one, its a pity that thread from this section hardly hits frontpage .

Na mostly things on politicking, yeyebrities, and romancinticies we dey see. ( na these kind of things they catch the eye)
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
groundnutoil:
am a chemical engineering student in futo so I guess so cool
bros abeg when una post utme form go come out?
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
krattoss:
bros abeg when una post utme form go come out?
not out yet bro wud notify u wen it does
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
Pinocchioo:

nice one, its a pity that thread from this section hardly hits frontpage .

Na mostly things on politicking, yeyebrities, and romancinticies we dey see. ( na these kind of things they catch the eye)
well am glad someone like u appreciated my efforts thanks but don't did section have mods DAT cud help
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 27, 2015
groundnutoil:
not out yet bro wud notify u wen it does
tnx in advance.....

Cheers
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Jetjacky(m): 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
groundnutoil:
well am glad someone like u appreciated my efforts thanks but don't did section have mods DAT cud help
don't think they have that one yet, or science department with useful post for they make front page. or maybe we ain't familiar with the mod
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
Jetjacky:
don't think they have that one yet, or science department with useful post for they make front page. or maybe we ain't familiar with the mod
well lemme keep callin Oga seun
Oga seun .a beg na. cry
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
krattoss:
tnx in advance.....

Cheers
u welcomed bro
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Jetjacky(m): 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
groundnutoil:
well lemme keep callin Oga seun Oga seun .a beg na. cry

is oga seun a mod for Science and tech?
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
Jetjacky:
is oga seun a mod for Science and tech?
he is d one DAT controls everthing DAT happens here
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Jetjacky(m): 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
groundnutoil:
that explains it then
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Jetjacky:
that explains it then
are you new on nairaland
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by Jetjacky(m): 10:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
groundnutoil:
are you new on nairaland
check my profile. the answer is there
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by kingzx0(m): 10:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
Really interesting, weapon of mass destruction. Worst nightmare
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by sinaj(f): 1:35am On Jun 28, 2015
groundnutoil:
yes I did and I am also studying something related

good one m still clapping kiss

1 Like

Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by sinaj(f): 1:36am On Jun 28, 2015
groundnutoil:

Lmao! grin

tell him dat ... sells groundnut to you tongue
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 5:06am On Jun 28, 2015
sinaj:

Lmao! grin

tell him dat se. un sells groundnut to you tongue
lwkmd make oga se.un catch u.ur ban go long pass river nile
Re: How A Nuclear Blast Or An Atomic Bomb Kills by groundnutoil(m): 5:08am On Jun 28, 2015
sinaj:

good one m still clapping kiss
kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Evolution Door That Folds Like Paper & Dont Take Space / Solar System / The world's 5 ugliest animals (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.