Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" (1578 Views)

The Christians Logic Of Why Yahweh Is The Only God And How They Are Wrong / Big Question: What Is Your Mission On Earth? / Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by menesheh(m): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
Am not asserting that anybody is wrong in whatever he/she believed; as a Christian, muslem, jew and whatever.

If you ask yourself this question now "what if am wrong believing what i believe now"

You have been wasting your time praying for years, contributing money to religious organization you belonged without proper accounting, participating in religious rituals etc, and later you find out you are wrong believing in a particular God claim.

What's gonna be your reactions if you logically come to maximum certainty that your believe is an illusion or that all religion is an illusion. grin
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by abimbawealth(f): 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by seemples(f): 7:41am On Jun 28, 2015
Paul in the Bible said sth in similar lines....

1 Corinthians: 15. 19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. . grin
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by Orunto: 8:25am On Jun 28, 2015
If you are insane the arguement has just begun!!!!
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by finofaya: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2015
If I am wrong I can only hope that God does not punish disbelief. OP what if you are wrong?

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by menesheh(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2015
finofaya:
If I am wrong I can only hope that God does not punish disbelief. OP what if you are wrong?

Am an atheist. Then if am wrong nothing happens.

Or are you insinuating i will go to hell for not believing something without evidence and prove?

If yes, that is immoral of god by providing a vague prove and evidence of his existence knowing fully well that i will doubt his existence without enough evidence, the way i doubt many other claims like his, that has no evidence. He setup a bait so as to trap people he will send to hell, right?

That means he is not a justifiable God.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by cold(m): 10:32am On Jun 28, 2015
So many people can't bear to think along those lines. Some have, but quickly banished the thoughts,others are still thinking it and ruminating the thought in their head. As a matter of fact,some are thinking it right now. Personally,i struggled with the thought for a very long time,did some indepth research,posed questions to a lot of erudite scholars,pastors,evangelists etc with very little success.
I was told some things are way beyond my scope and should be left alone. That wasn't good enough for me so i took the matter up with god himself. God in his characteristic imaginary self failed to turn up for the debate. That was when i realised i had been talking to myself for so many years. And to think i was such a prayer warrior..sigh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by seemples(f): 11:22am On Jun 28, 2015
cold:
.... That wasn't good enough for me so i took the matter up with god himself. God in his characteristic imaginary self failed to turn up for the debate. That was when i realised i had been talking to myself for so many years. And to think i was such a prayer warrior..sigh

grin grin @bolded. You tried but..

What if the people you asked weren't knowledgeable enough?
What if there's a set of pple that could have answered more convincingly?
And what if God simply didn't want to answer you then?
And finally, what if you are actually right or wrong?

I wouldnt know why God decided to withhold so much info and left us permutating with plenty what ifs! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by finofaya: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2015
menesheh:

Am an atheist. Then if am wrong nothing happens.

Or are you insinuating i will go to hell for not believing something without evidence and prove?

If yes, that is immoral of god by providing a vague prove and evidence of his existence knowing fully well that i will doubt his existence without enough evidence, the way i doubt many other claims like his, that has no evidence. He setup a bait so as to trap people he will send to hell, right?

That means he is not a justifiable God.

Lol. You do realise that none of these can stop a supernatural being from roasting you in hell, right?
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2015
Somethings are certain! There are forces of nature in this universe, you can't cheat them.

But you can use them to your advantage.

Every other religious beliefs or philosophy is aimed at rigging everything for the good of oneself.

The choice is yours; use the tools or be a tool.
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by cold(m): 11:48am On Jun 28, 2015
seemples:
[/b]

grin grin @bolded. You tried but..

What if the people you asked weren't knowledgeable enough?
What if there's a set of pple that could have answered more convincingly?
And what if God simply didn't want to answer you then?
And finally, what if you are actually right or wrong?

I wouldnt know why God decided to withhold so much info and left us permitting with plenty what ifs! grin grin
Ok dear where can i find these knowledgeable folks? The truth is I'm tired of having countless debates with god's foot soldiers and minions. They come in all shades offering different perspectives. Some are subtle,others are direct whilst others just keep threatening fire and brimstone. Now i only want to speak to the man in charge. Enough with the shenanigans! If your god truly exists and you commune with him on a regular as you'd have us believe can you please do me a favour and go fetch him for me. Tell him i've got a few things i'd like to get off my chest if he could spare me a few minutes of his insanely busy schedule. Now that would really be something but alas,it's never going to happen is it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by menesheh(m): 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
finofaya:

Lol. You do realise that none of these can stop a supernatural being from roasting you in hell, right?

I don't give a damn so far as am certain that hell is implausible.
Yea i will roast in hell. I agree.

Have you or anybody you know seen hell before? Can you demonstrate how hell is?

If not, how dare you be absolutely sure i will roast i hell.

Cheer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by johnydon22(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
menesheh:

Yea i will roast in hell. I agree.

Have you or anybody you know seen hell before? Can you demonstrate how hell is?

If not, how dare be absolutely sure i will roast i hell.

Cheer

The thing is you all are eliminating all the hells in the picture..

There are more than 5,000 claims of supreme beings and almost as much

hells ran by these supreme being concepts.

So that you believe one supreme being still leaves you 99% vulnerable

to all other hells for your disbelief in those other supreme beings.

so believing in one god concept to the detriment of others also leaves you

to be in as much danger as someone who disbelieves all of them.

Come to think of it, a supreme being that builds a place of eternal torture

for those who don't believe in blind notions, that supreme being concept is

practically a barbaric, sadistic one. . . A supreme being that powerful

bears grudges with feeble humans over mere belief, all these stupendous

supreme being concepts all connotes a very insatiable ego and chronic

narcissism. Something you would imagine a supreme being to be way above.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by finofaya: 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
menesheh:

Cheer

Good for you. However here you are asking others to entertain the possibility that they are wrong.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by seemples(f): 1:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
cold:

Ok dear where can i find these knowledgeable folks? The truth is I'm tired of having countless debates with god's foot soldiers and minions. They come in all shades offering different perspectives. Some are subtle,others are direct whilst others just keep threatening fire and brimstone. Now i only want to speak to the man in charge. Enough with the shenanigans! If your god truly exists and you commune with him on a regular as you'd have us believe can you please do me a favour and go fetch him for me. Tell him i've got a few things i'd like to get off my chest if he could spare me a few minutes of his insanely busy schedule. Now that would really be something but alas,it's never going to happen is it?

How would I know sir?! cheesy.

Or better still there's a monker that can contribute meaningfully if she wills...parisbookaddict pls come over to Macedonia and help us oo
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by seemples(f): 1:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
finofaya:

Good for you. However here you are asking others to entertain the possibility that they are wrong.

Cheers.

The OP is scared...he's just thinking out loud cheesy
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by finofaya: 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
seemples:

The OP is scared...he's just thinking out loud cheesy

Lol. I accept this explanation.
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by An2elect2(f): 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
I asked this question some years back when i was steeped in darkness, now that i know the truth, the question is unnecessary and does not exist in my world smiley
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by jcross19: 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
Some want to live without law of the supremacy for the sake of pleasure? Is there anything call pleasure? I think because of total self will some people make some guys wake up started asking if there is something called God really exist. If you like think more than eneisten you can't be wiser than your maker and live forever. Sooner or later you will know if God really exist.
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by efficiencie(m): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
what really is not an illusion?

First it was the atom; next they say its protons, electrons and neutrons; next its quarks, gluons etc...next they say particles (like neutrinos) can be everywhere at once and travel through a lightyear length of lead in a second (and hence breaking the light barrier)! Science itself is fraught with illusions. Just when you think you've grasped nature, it twists and turns!

But one thing is never an illusion and that is the unseen, unobserved and unknown world! Anything that can be seen with the physical eyes is easily an illusion...
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by menesheh(m): 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
jcross19:
Some want to live without law of the supremacy for the sake of pleasure? Is there anything call pleasure? I think because of total self will some people make some guys wake up started asking if there is something called God really exist. If you like think more than eneisten you can't be wiser than your maker and live forever. Sooner or later you will know if God really exist.

When is it gonna be?
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by menesheh(m): 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
efficiencie:

First it was the atom; next they say its protons, electrons and neutrons; next its quarks, gluons etc...next they say particles (like neutrinos) can be everywhere at once and travel through a lightyear length of lead in a second (and hence breaking the light barrier)! Science itself is fraught with illusions. Just when you think you've grasped nature, it twists and turns!

But one thing is never an illusion and that is the unseen, unobserved and unknown world! Anything that can be seen with the physical eyes is easily an illusion...

Science never claim to be perfect but are striving to unravel the mystery of the mysterious mysteries of things to the best of their capability.

Yes every thing is an illusion, that's why science is always at the skeptical side.

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by nynbrada: 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
efficiencie:

Just 2 complement what u just said, 2Cor4:18..while we look not at d things which are seen, but at d things which are not seen: 4 d things which are seen are temporal; but d things which are not seen are eternal.
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by Ukeachu1(m): 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
cold:

person when in local government chairman no go alow enter in office na Im one summon God abi......make we day watch..... as u no get respect.
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by cold(m): 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
Ukeachu1:

person when in local government chairman no go alow enter in office na Im one summon God abi......make we day watch..... as u no get respect.
If i'm a child of god as you would have me believe then it shouldn't be too hard for a father to tend to the needs of his son should it? Or are you saying your father can't come to your aid in your time of need because that would be beneath him? Hmm..sure speaks volumes
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by Ukeachu1(m): 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
cold:

If i'm a child of god as you would have me believe then it shouldn't be too hard for a father to tend to the needs of his son should it? Or are you saying your father can't come to your aid in your time of need because that would be beneath him? Hmm..sure speaks volumes

ur not a child of God yet... ur a child of ur father. is that clear?
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
menesheh:
Am not asserting that anybody is wrong in whatever he/she believed; as a Christian, muslem, jew and whatever.

If you ask yourself this question now "what if am wrong believing what i believe now"

You have been wasting your time praying for years, contributing money to religious organization you belonged without proper accounting, participating in religious rituals etc, and later you find out you are wrong believing in a particular God claim.

What's gonna be your reactions if you logically come to maximum certainty that your believe is an illusion or that all religion is an illusion. grin

What if u find out that you, as an atheist, are wrong?

Without eternal reward, following bible standards has many benefits. You lost nothing!
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by cold(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ukeachu1:

ur not a child of God yet... ur a child of ur father. is that clear?
And how am i supposed to be a child of someone i've never seen? The more reason why i need to see this man that claims he's my father

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by Ukeachu1(m): 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
cold:

And how am i supposed to be a child of someone i've never seen? The more reason why i need to see this man that claims he's my father

his not claiming his ur father but his certainly God. and am sure uv seen some of Him... bottom line is God is there and God is God and definitely not ur Father yet neither is he claiming to be
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by Anas09: 9:43am On Jul 04, 2015
What if am wrong about Jesus? Hmmmm.
But really what do I have to loose believing in Him. Before I met Him I was an agry fellow. Never coud love anyone. So unforgiving. Just imagine, because of Him, I love you even when I know you are a seed of...
I think you shd change ur name. Menesheh is a Biblical name.
Re: Imagine This Question: "What If You Are Wrong" by menesheh(m): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2015
Anas09:
What if am wrong about Jesus? Hmmmm.
But really what do I have to loose believing in Him. Before I met Him I was an agry fellow. Never coud love anyone. So unforgiving. Just imagine, because of Him, I love you even when I know you are a seed of...
I think you shd change ur name. Menesheh is a Biblical name.

A seed of... What?.
Mind you, that you are a believer is not a guarantee of any happiness, forgiving spirit and loving somebody of any sort. I can be good and kind without believing in anything.

How is it a Biblical name. Let's take it is, it has nothing to do with my world view and believes.

(1) (Reply)

When God Fails You What Do You Do? / The Six Types Of Atheists That Exists... (by Reseachers) / God Told Me Nigeria Will Be Listed Among World Power Countries - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.