Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan (49266 Views)

University Of Ibadan, Ibadan. Ui 2015/2016 Post Utme Form..o7o39293182 / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / The Polytechnic Ibadan, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 30, 2009
There is no need calculating your weighted average again is on UI websites now, just login with your pin we bought earlier. Please can someone advise me the course to change to my average is 60.7 I applied for psychology before.
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by drered(m): 8:20am On Oct 30, 2009
@salaskama
in dsame dillema, a second list wil b out buh nobody'z sure his/her name gone b on that list, zo u either play it safe nd change to a single subject course like math,english or botany nd sorts or wait for the second list,
lets see if d list comes out first,
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by chriswill: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2009
pls can anybody help me out,my avetrage is 64,i chose pet enineering wat course can i choose in the change of course form
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by abbeyemmy(f): 10:42am On Oct 31, 2009
pls do dis calculation imply 2 DE candidates?
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by recoome(m): 8:47pm On Feb 16, 2010
i applied for ui in d utme exams for 2010/2011 as my second choice, my olevel results are mathsB3 ENGBEPHYB3CHEMC4BIOB3ECNC4GEOA1AGRICB3COMMB3 I APPLIED FOR ECONOMICS . I WANT TO KNOW IF I WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION. DO DOY TAKE 2ND CHIOCE.
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by paulbets: 11:26am On Apr 27, 2010
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by DEELOV(m): 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2010
hello guys,please here is my o'level result
maths-B3
Eng-C5
Acct-B3
Govt-B2
Comm-B2
YORUBA-B3
BIO-C6
Econ-E8

and my jamb score is 259 Sociology,but choose U.I as my second choice
do i stand a chance for admmission
pls i need ur rsponse toward this.thanks
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by topniy2: 3:27am On May 05, 2010
Hi Someone, Please help.
I am trying to find out the cost of fees for freshmen in the engineering department as my son is interested in doing and has applied for
automobile engineering.
Please help
Thanks
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by caleb2002: 4:21pm On May 05, 2010
I NEED SOMEONE TO PLEASE HELP ME OUT, I CHOOSE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN AS MY 1ST & 2ND CHOICE IN JAMB AND I PUT IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND PHYSICS BUT I WAS TOLD THAT I SHOULDN'T BOTHER PROCESSING U.I ANYMORE THAT I SHOULD CHANGE MY SHOOL TO ANOTHER ONE because OF MY O'LEVEL BUT I LOVE U.I SOOO MUCH THAT I COULDN'T EVEN THINK OF ANY OTHER SCHOOL TO GO TO AGAIN, PLS WHO CAN HELP ME OUT WITH THIS, BELOW IS MY O'LEVEL RESULTS AND JAMB SCORE, PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOULD HELP ME OUT PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVISE AND HELP @ ALL DA NAIRALANDERS.

PHYSICS------C5
CHEMISTRY------C5
MATHEMATICS-------B2
ENG LANG----------C5
BIOLOGY---------C5
ECONS-------C5
GEO--------C4
YOR------D7
F/MATHS------E8

JAMB SCORE:216
ALSO I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN COMBINE NECO & WAEC TOGETHER OR NECO AND G.C.E I THINK I HAVE SOME GOOD GRADES IN MY 2007 WAEC AND ALSO IN G.C.E BUT MY ENGLISH,PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY WAS NOT GOOD IN WAEC BUT IN G.C.E IT WAS ONLY MY PHYSICS BUT IF AT ALL I CAN COMBINE IT PLS LET ME KNOW @ ALL,
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by U1(m): 3:55pm On May 07, 2010
@ recoome

I'm in economics myself (200), and from what I know only scores in subjects which are considered relevant to economics are used. From your results, I could see that you are science-oriented somehow, so I wouldn't know that would be computed (you may consult the JAMB brochure), that's not to say that we don't have science-oriented students in the department though. The UI grading system goes thus (as at last admission), so all of you may want to help yourselves:

A1 - 6
B2 - 5
B3 - 4
C4 - 3
C5 - 2
C6 - 1

O' level carries 60 points
JAMB exams carry 40 points

To compute your O' level points, you pick 5 subjects relevant to your course of study, add the points together based on your results and multiply by 2. For example, suppose you have A1 in all the five relevant subjects, 6*5=30*2=60. That is 60 points already.
To compute your JAMB points, divide your aggregate score by 10. Thus if you scored 400, you have 400/10=40. The total points should then be 60+40=100.

I think for those applying to engineering and economics, if you are able to score about 75 points using the above procedure, then you stand a good chance of admission. But, if you should fall slightly below that and you are from the locality (think this means south-west), then you may also be considered.

Hope this helps you all. Cheers!
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by wahleyz(m): 5:55pm On May 07, 2010
Do they accept 2nd choice
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by lilwheezy1(m): 10:58pm On May 07, 2010
calculatin my point i got 61 points altogether and my course is computer sci wuz ma chance of gettin admitted.
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by Dmasked1(m): 5:14pm On May 08, 2010
B
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by caleb2002: 9:11am On May 13, 2010
@ all pls i used my neco 1 sitting to register my jamb but i later discovered that i had 2 sittings results that have good grades better than the neco 1 sitting and i choose U.I pls will they accept 2 sittings and how can i change the 1 sitting back to the 2 sitting if thy will accept the 2 sitting in U.I. urgent reply pls,
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by iJAY1: 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2010
someone pls tell me somthin bout u.i bridgelink{predegree}

}
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by shegzy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ALL, DO IT YOURSELF
Here is how the University of Ibadan calculates candidate's point for admission:

1. Your score in JAMB divided by 10. i.e if you score 270 in your UME just divide that by 10, this gives you a maximum of 40% and in this example it will be 27%

2. Write down your grades in in five relevant subjects. i.e English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (for Engineering, Science Applicants, Medicine inclusive of course). While English and Maths is compulsory, choose other three (most likely, the three choice subjects you wrote in your Jamb)

3. For the five subjects above, calculate your O-Level point thus:
A1 , 6
B2 , 5
B3 , 4
C4 , 3
C5 , 2
C6 , 1
D7, E8, F9 , 0
Add-up your points for the five subjects and multiply your result by 2. This gives you a maximum of 60%

4. If you are Mr Brains and you have 400/400 in JAMB , that's 40%. And another A1 in 5 relevant subjects that's 5 * 6 * 2 = 60% which gives you a total of 100%.
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by Mabadejesunday(m): 5:57am On Oct 05, 2010
If i'm applying 4 accounting or insurance and have one sitting o'level result Eng. C4,literature D7, yoruba F9,math. B3,biology C5,Econs. B3,commerce A1,govt. C6,account C4.pls help me calculate this and what can i score in jamb 2 get admission. Pls i need urgent reply.Thanks.
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by KenJADE(m): 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2011
So when's this year's interview coming up?
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by omokay01: 3:15am On Jun 29, 2011
anybody knows the cut off point for medcine for last year. will really appreciate this . thanks in advance
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by Dharey11: 6:47am On Jun 29, 2011
I just want 2 know mayb neco result wil b out b4 admision process or b4 post jamb
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by isichei14: 12:15am On Jul 12, 2011
@fataiiyo can u pls explain explain how the score is been calculated Wit the o'level and jamb score. nd can i study law witout maths in my o'level
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by isichei14: 12:38am On Jul 12, 2011
Pls i need an explanation on hw the calculations are been made wit the o'level and jamb score. Also can i study law witout maths in o'level
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by yinka500: 8:38am On Jun 09, 2012
Yes! You can study law without maths......to all newly applicant....the system may be altar because there is some changes already taking place while filing the form.....I pray this system favour more of the applicants. I wish you best of luck and for more information you can reach this number
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 12, 2012
Fataiyo please what is the cut-off for medicine and surgery this year 2012 ? I am an indegene of Ebonyi state(ELDS) and I live and school here. However schooling in UI is my dream and MEDICINE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. i'm yet to take Waec and jamb in 2013, pls tell me d supposed scores I need to make it in Waec and jamb.
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by Emmyade1: 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hi, pls help me out, i want to seek my admission into UI through DE, with d course of com sc. I want to know maybe DE students are affected with 'O level points counting. My result is:
MATH C4
ENG C5
PHY C4
BIOL C4
CHEM C6
My CGPA is 3.20 (ND)
osun state polytechnic, Iree.
Pls if it affected enlighting me on this. Thanks.
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by Ampeaceful(f): 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
fataiiyo: GRADE
A1-6
B2-5
B3-4
C4-3
C5-2
C6-1

THEY TAKE 2SITTINGS BUT DEPEND ON THE COURSE YOU WANT TO STUDY.
I HOPE THIS MESSAGE HELPED ON WHAT U RQUEST 4?
pls wat abt NURSING..hw do sm1 go abt it??
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by Ampeaceful(f): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
fataiiyo: GRADE
A1-6
B2-5
B3-4
C4-3
C5-2
C6-1

THEY TAKE 2SITTINGS BUT DEPEND ON THE COURSE YOU WANT TO STUDY.
I HOPE THIS MESSAGE HELPED ON WHAT U RQUEST 4?
pls wat abt NURSING..hw do sm1 go 4 it??
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by joseboy199(m): 10:28am On Jan 09, 2013
@fataiiyo....i want 2 chuz ui wit dis o'level eng a1,maths c6,phy,chem,bio b3...medicine,wat z ur advice.?
Re: Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan by Brozules(m): 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Can someone pls help ,DE candidate 4rm oyo state college of agriculture,cgpa of 3.70(upper credit),but have combination of waec and neco result,can i apply 4 it pls?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Little Lagos Boy Who Swore He Wants To Be A Yahoo Boy Starts School (photo) / These Courses Are Difficult To Have First-class In. / Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.