Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

I Feel One Step Closer To Bagging A Grammy Award – Yemi Alade - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Feel One Step Closer To Bagging A Grammy Award – Yemi Alade (829 Views)

Drake Preforms Wizkid's "Come Closer" At OVOFEST Concert In Toronto (Video) / AFRIMMA 2016 Awards Winners' List: Tiwa Savage & Yemi Alade Turn Biggest Losers / Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel One Step Closer To Bagging A Grammy Award – Yemi Alade by yashau(m): 8:28am On Jun 28, 2015
Singer Yemi Alade says her nominations for a BET and
MAMA awards makes her feel she is one step closer to
bagging a Grammy award.
“It is difficult to describe. I received the news with an
unfathomable joy in my heart.
The MTV MAMAs news came barely three hours after I
was nominated for four Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
I was grateful, humbled and thankful.
It also boosted my zeal to keep doing what I do.
I feel one step closer to bagging a Grammy award.” she
told Daily Trust

Re: I Feel One Step Closer To Bagging A Grammy Award – Yemi Alade by maverickdude(m): 8:31am On Jun 28, 2015
kip dreaming
Re: I Feel One Step Closer To Bagging A Grammy Award – Yemi Alade by Westlife2013(m): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2015
Grammy ko garri ni. Wetin u dey sing sef. Nigerians and their tye of music dey fear grammy award sef. They wud not cool down and reason...the type of songs that wins grammy isn't the trash dey sing...only meaningful songs with great lyrics, beautiful tune and vibe that wins. When Sam Smith comeout wey he bagged grammy?...lyrical content is very essential and tune and style.
Check this songs out by a nairalander DESTINY: https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/17791 and WALKED AWAY: https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/22877
Re: I Feel One Step Closer To Bagging A Grammy Award – Yemi Alade by UncleLondon: 4:04am On Jun 29, 2015
She said she feels which in my opinion very possible their are different categories of awards in Grammy.
Re: I Feel One Step Closer To Bagging A Grammy Award – Yemi Alade by Westlife2013(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2015
UncleLondon:
She said she feels which in my opinion very possible their are different categories of awards in Grammy.
Of these different categories how many Nigeria don win?
Re: I Feel One Step Closer To Bagging A Grammy Award – Yemi Alade by Chanchit: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
I like Yemi, but I just hate it when Nigeriaan artists just keep shouting "grammy" grammy is an american award which they give one of it to outsiders of their choice, every year.
Any Nigerian artist that is serious about getting a grammy award should start by getting signed/partner with an american record label, that's the best way to get nominated in more than one category.
Eg: D'banj is in a partnership deal with an american record label in other words he's eligible to be nominated in the main categories, but to record song dey fear bangalee ejanla now adayz and when he records,its for the local market.
So Yemi, if you really want a grammy, which I don't believe its a parameter to measure a good artist if artists like Akon and R.Kelly are still waiting for their grammies. But if you need it badly, you would have to work harder, cos I still dey wait for the graammy 9ice promise us.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Hit Music Video Of 2015 From Nigeria - AUGUST 2015 [video Download] / Upcoming Artiste Can Upload Their Songs For Free On Dopebeat.com.ng / Video Of Salawa Abeni And Her Son: Nice Song But Dressing Is Appalling, Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.