Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

Where Are The Prophets Based? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are The Prophets Based? (762 Views)

Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / Why were All The Prophets Born In The Middle East? / Why Are Whites The Prophets And No Black In Christian And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Prophets Based? by msmon(m): 11:52am On Jun 28, 2015
Good morning Religionlanders,

You might instantly want to say God's prophets/messenger are not based anywhere, you're right.

The question is why are the prophets mentioned in the Quran/Bible come from somewhere around the middle east?

This question has always been lingering in my mind and a thread by omenka just reminded me I can also post it here and see if I can get a fact or two.

It keep bordering why the prophets/messenger of God mentioned in the Bible and Quran come from somewhere around the middle east.

Allah says in the Holy Quran "And, indeed We have sent Messengers before you (O Muhammad (Pbuh)); of some of them We have related to you their story and of some We have not related to you their story, and it was not given to any Messenger that he should bring a sign except by the Leave of Allah. So, when comes the Commandment of Allah, the matter will be decided with truth, and the followers of falsehood will then be lost. (Qur'ân 40:78)". I don't know if there's a related verse in the Bible.

List Of Some Prophets Mentioned In The Quran/Bible

1. Al-Yasa'/ Elisha
2. Ayyub/ Job
3. Dawud/ David
4. Harun/ Aaron
5. Ibrahim/ Abraham
6. Idris/ Enoch
7. Ilyas/Elias
8. Isa/ Jesus
9. Ishaq/ Isaac
10. Isma'il/ Ishmael
11. Lut/ Lot
12. Musa/ Moses
13. Nuh/ Noah
14. Sulaiman/ Solomon
15. Uzair/ Ezra
16. Ya'qub/ Jacob
17. Yahya/ John
18. Yusus/ Jonah
19. Yusuf/ Joseph
20. Zakariya/ Zachariya.
Peace be upon all of them.

Findings shows that all this aforementioned names are from Middle Eastern nations of today.

Can we just assume that the likes of Orunmila, Sango, Ogun, Obatala, Osun and all other Yoruba deities are God are God sent but the Quran/Bible didn't mentioned them (making reference to the above verse of the Quran).

Wait a minute...

If the Muslims want to observe Solat (Obligatory prayer), they must face the east.(Kaaba)

If you want to get your DSTV dish working, it must also face the east.Hmmm. May be the world started from the East.

Insightful contributions will be welcomed from Christians and Muslims alike.

Thanks.

Cc: Omenka, lalasticlala, obinoscopy, maclatunji, adeh39, omotayor123.
Re: Where Are The Prophets Based? by podosci(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2015
Christianity of today is a collection of bedtime story's and folk tales told to children of the jews and with time the storys started involving a religion,, Islam is like an adulterated version of Christianity. That's why all the supposed prophets where from the middle east
Re: Where Are The Prophets Based? by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hmmm. I just dey observe. Waiting for the next COMMENtor
Re: Where Are The Prophets Based? by msmon(m): 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
podosci:
Christianity of today is a collection of bedtime story's and folk tales told to children of the jews and with time the storys started involving a religion,, Islam is like an adulterated version of Christianity. That's why all the supposed prophets where from the middle east
pinkyruledworld:

Pls kindly share the post.
Re: Where Are The Prophets Based? by arbass(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
podosci:
Why would you say Islam is an adulterated form of Christianity?
Issa/Jesus(PBUH) brought Christianity right? What religion did the prophets before him bring?
Re: Where Are The Prophets Based? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
msmon:
Good morning Religionlanders,

You might instantly want to say God's prophets/messenger are not based anywhere, you're right.

The question is why are the prophets mentioned in the Quran/Bible come from somewhere around the middle east?

This question has always been lingering in my mind and a thread by omenka just reminded me I can also post it here and see if I can get a fact or two.

It keep bordering why the prophets/messenger of God mentioned in the Bible and Quran come from somewhere around the middle east.

Allah says in the Holy Quran "And, indeed We have sent Messengers before you (O Muhammad (Pbuh)); of some of them We have related to you their story and of some We have not related to you their story, and it was not given to any Messenger that he should bring a sign except by the Leave of Allah. So, when comes the Commandment of Allah, the matter will be decided with truth, and the followers of falsehood will then be lost. (Qur'ân 40:78)". I don't know if there's a related verse in the Bible.

List Of Some Prophets Mentioned In The Quran/Bible

1. Al-Yasa'/ Elisha
2. Ayyub/ Job
3. Dawud/ David
4. Harun/ Aaron
5. Ibrahim/ Abraham
6. Idris/ Enoch
7. Ilyas/Elias
8. Isa/ Jesus
9. Ishaq/ Isaac
10. Isma'il/ Ishmael
11. Lut/ Lot
12. Musa/ Moses
13. Nuh/ Noah
14. Sulaiman/ Solomon
15. Uzair/ Ezra
16. Ya'qub/ Jacob
17. Yahya/ John
18. Yusus/ Jonah
19. Yusuf/ Joseph
20. Zakariya/ Zachariya.
Peace be upon all of them.

Findings shows that all this aforementioned names are from Middle Eastern nations of today.

Can we just assume that the likes of Orunmila, Sango, Ogun, Obatala, Osun and all other Yoruba deities are God are God sent but the Quran/Bible didn't mentioned them (making reference to the above verse of the Quran).

Wait a minute...

If the Muslims want to observe Solat (Obligatory prayer), they must face the east.(Kaaba)

If you want to get your DSTV dish working, it must also face the east.Hmmm. May be the world started from the East.

Insightful contributions will be welcomed from Christians and Muslims alike.

Thanks.

Cc: Omenka, lalasticlala, obinoscopy, maclatunji, adeh39, omotayor123.
DSTV cable dish faces the satellite, which would have been in other directions.
Re: Where Are The Prophets Based? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
podosci:

That's one way to look at it

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Prophets Based? by Omotayor123(f): 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Make I sit down & learn.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Really A Sin Before God? / Authorship Of The Quran / Hajj Tragedy Update: 145 Nigerians Confirmed Dead, 165 Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.