Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? (1016 Views)

Could This Ever Happen In Nigeria? / The Worst Thing That Could Ever Happen To A Man / Electric Shock Therapy Used To ‘cure’ Homosexuality In China [VIDEO/PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by Tjayjosh(m): 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
Homosexuality is illegal in 36 out of 54 African countries and punishable by death in four according to rights watchdog amnesty international.
The Gambian president Yahya Jammeh Intensified his anti-homosexual rhetoric, threatening to slit the throat of gay people in his country. The 49-year old president said, "If you are a man and want to marry another man in this country and we catch you, no one will ever set eyes on you again, and no white person can do anything about it.
Earlier this year he said gay people are "vermin" and homosexuality is one of the greatest threats facing humanity.

SOMETIME LAST YEAR.
Obama called on African leaders to
legalize homosexuality.. But
listen to. This ... THE GAMBIAN
PRESIDENT(YAHYA JAMMEH), Has
This To Say About
HOMOSEXUALITY.
''HOMOSEXUALITY Is an ANTI-
HUMANITY. I Have Never Seen
Homosexual CHICKEN, or TURKEY.
If You Are Convicted Of
Homosexuality in this country,
there will be no mercy for
offenders. We will put you in the
female wing of the prison.” AND
TO FOREIGN OYIBO COUNTRIES ,HE
ALSO HAD THIS TO SAY: "If you are
to give us Aid for Men and Men
or for Women and Women to
Marry, Leave it. We Don't need
your Aid because as far as I am
the President of the Gambia, you
will never see that happen in this
country." Where does the rest of Africa stand on this. Will it ever work?
Re: Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by kossyablaze(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yes...some countrys here are already deliberating on that.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by angieberry(f): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yes, in the next hundred years.
But if countries like south Africa should legalise it, I won't be surprised
Re: Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by bencham(m): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Its rather unfortunate human beings are trying to test God. or should we say the western world are trying God. I pray the wrath of God do not fall on us all. its one of the major cause of the rift between the immediate past Nigerian Government and the USA for openly condemning Gay marriage. let all African countries stand and speak against it with one voice no matter the threat.
Re: Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by Tjayjosh(m): 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
kossyablaze:
Yes...some countrys here are already deliberating on that.
I pray it doesn't happen.
Re: Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by Tjayjosh(m): 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
angieberry:
Yes, in the next hundred years.
But if countries like south Africa should legalise it, I won't be surprised
I don't think so. It's hard to be LGBT in south Africa. South Africa is a socially conservative country with a "strong religious component".
Re: Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by Tjayjosh(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Re: Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by UyiIredia(m): 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
It is possible but not anytime soon. Even in the West it was once considered impossible for gays to be accepted now they are.

1 Like

Re: Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by Tjayjosh(m): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
UyiIredia:
It is possible but not anytime soon. Even in the West it was once considered impossible for gays to be accepted now they are.
I believe it will never happen in nigeria.
Re: Legalising Homosexuality In Africa! Can It Ever Happen? by Tjayjosh(m): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
NO TO HOMOSEXUALITY!!!

(1) (Reply)

When You Work-out At The Library / Who Experiences This Same Problem With Nairaland? / In Need Of Money, Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.