Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Please Help; How Do I Set Up A Network For For File Sharing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help; How Do I Set Up A Network For For File Sharing (525 Views)

Please Help Me Set Up A Network For My Cyber Cafe' / How To Extract Audio File From Video File Using VLC Media Player / 8 Best File Sharing/hosting Sites Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help; How Do I Set Up A Network For For File Sharing by Nazacent: 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
I've been facing little challenges trying to send files from one system to another via homegroup. I need guide on how to go about it. And again why can't I change an existing user name to mine, must I format it first? I just bought the laptop from someone.
Re: Please Help; How Do I Set Up A Network For For File Sharing by amarawa: 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
Set up a simple lan, let them in the same workgroup (mostly by default they are already in a workgroup). Assign manual IP address to them all. Put the file u want to share in d Public folder of d pc that wants to share. Then turn on network sharing under My Computer (Windows 7), ---Network ---Network and Sharing center---Change Advance sharing settings. Turn everything on.
Then go to the other PC to call the file by typing \\192. 168.1.2. Just for example. That is the IP address of the owner of the file. The shared folder will come up. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Invest In Technology And Earn Huge Profit / SALES!! SALES!! GREAT PRICES!!! / Purchase Your Computer And Accessories At Cheaper Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.