Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man (2179 Views)

Somebody Plzz Take A Look At This Shytt!!! (the Soul Of A Fulani!) / Have You Ever Seen A Fulani That Is.............. / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by KB1(m): 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2009
I just found out today that Yar Adua is really a Fulani and not a Hausa. Though as is often the case, since he's one of those Fulani who's upbringing is pejoratively Hausa based, people simply refer to him as a Hausa or Hausa-Fulani. Humm, interesting. This explains a lot about the guy that I've been questioning in regard to him being addressed as simply a Hausa.
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by tpia: 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2009
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by StFunmi(f): 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2009
I didn't know he is Fulani. I always thought he is hausa. Anyway, are they not the same? . Abacha= Fulani; Atiku= Hausa; Abdulsalaami= Fulani; Ibb= Bwari. Who are the hausa that have been ruling Nigeria?
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by MrCrackles(m): 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2009
I always knew he was FULANI! cheesy
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by Jarus(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2009
I'm always having problem distinguishing Hausa from Fulani. My initial thought was that Fulani are light-skinned and hausa dark-complexioned, but I've been corrected that there are dark-skinned Fulani as well. So I resort to asking my Hausa/Fulani friends on whether a person of interest is Hausa or Fulani. But now I think I can tell, with a high degree of certainty, on whether somebody is Hausa or Fulani. I have always known Yar'adua is Fulani.

St.Funmi:

I didn't know he is Fulani. I always thought he is hausa. Anyway, are they not the same? . Abacha= Fulani; Atiku= Hausa; Abdulsalaami= Fulani; Ibb= Bwari. Who are the hausa that have been ruling Nigeria?

I know Buhari is Fulani Is Atiku not Fulani too?

Who are the majority between Hausa and Fulani, anyone?

I heard Fulani are more educated.

Can Maisuya, Muza or any other Hausa/Fulani folk educate us?
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by Ibime(m): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2009
Hausa are a conquered people. Fulani rule them.
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by StFunmi(f): 11:35am On Mar 02, 2009
Hausa are a conquered people. Fulani rule them.
They are using that Fulani/Hausa lingo to fool the rest of us. You will hear next time they want to break the rotational presidency because Yaradua is Fulani and hausa never rule.
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by JJYOU: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2009
St.Funmi:

They are using that Fulani/Hausa lingo to fool the rest of us.  You will hear next time they want to break the rotational presidency because Yaradua is Fulani and hausa never rule.
at the risk of offending tpia, you are very correct.
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by tpia: 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2009
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by KB1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2009
tpia:

what are you saying that you've never said before? Deafening others with your ululations.

abeg comot my name from your mouth.

So you're not Yoruba, ey? Are you a Fulani or Hausa? undecided
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by Dede1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2009
St.Funmi:

Abacha was Kanuri.

The weight of imbecility rests on the shoulders of those Nigerians who classify certain people from northern region of Nigeria as Hausa/Fulani. There is nothing like Hausa/Fulani as in Yoruba/Igbo.
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by Jarus(m): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2009
Dede1:

The weight of imbecility rests on the shoulders of those Nigerians who classify certain people from northern region of Nigeria as Hausa/Fulani. There is nothing like Hausa/Fulani as in Yoruba/Igbo.
Don't compare the classification Yoruba/Igbo with Hausa/Fulani. Hausa/Fulani is an officially recognized political grouping. Within themselves they may be distinguishing who's Hausa and who's Fulani, but at the national stage they are seen as one. They have many things in common and the classification sticks, but Igbo and Yoruba are too distinct to be matched together.
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by JustGood(m): 4:34pm On Mar 03, 2009
Yar A'dullard is a Fulani man. . . WHEN THEN?
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by bawomolo(m): 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2009
Hausa were conquered after Uthman Dan Fodio dealt with them. Fulani's have been the elite ever since. Ironically Fulani's were overtaxed peasants while being by the hausa city states. Most Fulani's are assumed to be hausa because they speak the language and have integrated customs just like Ibime's people are considered Igbo grin

but Igbo and Yoruba are too distinct to be matched together.

world i don't think the yoruba and igbo were under one caliphate. yoruba and egun would be a better example.
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by Dede1(m): 5:04am On Mar 04, 2009
Jarus:

Don't compare the classification Yoruba/Igbo with Hausa/Fulani. Hausa/Fulani is an officially recognized political grouping. Within themselves they may be distinguishing who's Hausa and who's Fulani, but at the national stage they are seen as one. They have many things in common and the classification sticks, but Igbo and Yoruba are too distinct to be matched together.

The people from the northern region of Nigeria may have displayed strong political togetherness does not tantamount to official ethno-political classification such as Hausa-Fulani.

If it roamed through your social order that Hausa-Fulani official political classification existed, one wonders if such official political classification also applied to Hausa-Tiv, Kanuri-Hausa, Fulani-Gwari, Tiv-Nupe, Hausa-Bachama and Kanuri-Fulani.

The phrase, Hausa-Fulani, surfaces as official political grouping when Nigerians of political virtue give way to those of political naiveté.
Re: Yar Adua Is A Fulani Man by abuja4real: 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2009
somethin dey worry una
what relevance is this to rebranding

grin

(1) (Reply)

Olu Na Igbo: Which People Were The Olu People? / How Ethical Is Aborting Foetuses Diagnosed With Abnormalities? / Pic: Sat Guru Maharaj Ji Steps Out At Ooni Of Ife's Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.