Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area (31529 Views)

2016/2017 Nigerian Army Regular Recruitment Intake Form (76 Rri) Is Out / OPINION POLL: Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Not A Good Option For The Nigerian Economy / Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by MrBasketball: 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
LewisO:
Light ⚡ don tire me sef... I had to go and switch-off our area transformer. angry

Anybody wey say "Change" no good needs to be flogged.
Bros you are so hilarious. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by SavageGarden(m): 11:35pm On Jun 28, 2015
Holy smokes I wont lie the power supply here is now awesome I was just telling my mum just this evening...its almost constant...sai Buhari grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by omolami: 11:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
DURING THE REIGN OF GEJ WE USED TO GET LIGHT IN OUR. AREA FOR ABOUT 8 HRS A DAY. NOW WE HARDLY GET 3 HRS. PLSE BBOGEJ

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by kwaraguy(m): 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
Ninilowo:
Same here. Lagos - Abeokuta Expressway, Alli-Ishiba bus stop, Sango Ota, Ogun state, Nigeria
Hahaha sometimes here we enjoy it in a day for almost 20hrs while once in a while not even up to 12hrs. Few parts here in Offa enjoy at least 19hrs and they do not rotate for them. Speaking for Minna 4hrs ON, 4hrs OFF.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Kesmakveli(m): 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
Location- Anambra state, awka. Ifite Indeed Power supply has been good over here. At least 19hours per day.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by sanmibukunmi: 11:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
Between 6 to 12 hrs daily sha in onikolobo abeokuta...but the most part of it is at night....which could be annoying on weekends if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by mcdreeezy: 11:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
For a long time now, we've been having light every night till the next morning. It was just off recent they improved the supply during day time. Reporting from Ajegunle Apapa axis.

Trust AJ City boyz, e get as the light go dey reach, boyz go be like: omo dis lite don too much make dem take am sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by kwaraguy(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
Judolisco:
100% I stay in niger state
100 wetin?? Where in Minna is that because 4hrs ON, 4hrs OFF is common for most places even part of Tunga Niteco Road.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by emzila(m): 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
Between 20-22hrs agege, lagos

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by 2rutalk1: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
So nobody is aware that it happens like this during rainy seasons every year. The dams are filled up, therefore generation capacity has increased. Between December and April you people will start crying again. I have never seen people that forget so easily like Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by ocelot2006(m): 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
firstEVA:
is Gej the president? When he was president, all we ever heard was this or that power station has collapsed. I hope u don't have short term memory loss?

You know those brand new power stations churning out the power, or the new transmission lines evacuating same power to cities and industries, and those new distribution substations and distributed step down transformers? Yeah, those were ALL GEJ'S handwork.

Now tell me, what practical steps has GMB taken to improve power supply?

4 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by macof(m): 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
chiefololade:
22 hrs Igbosere, Lagos Island

20 hrs Iga Idunganran, Lagos Island

16 hrs Luther, Lagos Island

18.6 hours averagely in Lagos Island
How many places you dey live for Lagos island alone? shocked
You must really be a chief

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by macof(m): 12:00am On Jun 29, 2015
Power has really improved in Lagos
I don't buy fuel again and I don't worry about charging my Phone and other gadgets every minute

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by ocelot2006(m): 12:02am On Jun 29, 2015
Damalex4luv:
I read some comment praising GEJ for the little stability in power supply which is very clueless of those posters. The issue is that had GEJ had won that election I believe the electricity supply would still have remain the same or even worse. Though Buhari may not have a cabinet yet but the truth is that his mere presence at the helm of affairs has changed so many things with power inclusive. I stay at diamond estate in igando and the light there is very poor to the extent that for sometime in a week there won't be light but to my greatest surprise we now have close to 14hours of light a day. We all should give credit to whom it's due and we shouldn't be shallow minded. I believe our biafrans family too have had some testimonies to share to but yet they believe the credit should go to their clueless messiah who almost ruined the self acclaimed giant of Africa.

Abeg stop there!! What bloody "mere presence"? "Mere presence" of an old man that's still confused on how to lead the nation? After GEJ has done all the work, you want us to give the glory to that Daura President cos of his "mere presence".........Please don't make me laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by bjt(m): 12:04am On Jun 29, 2015
I will not believe in any perceived improvement in power until we get to the next dry season when kanji dam water is low and the transformers are hot grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Disneyboy: 12:05am On Jun 29, 2015
Olarewajub:
Same over here. The light in my area hasn't been interupted for almost 23hours now and still counting.

very true.....24hrs plus now

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by adekaz777: 12:07am On Jun 29, 2015
U GUYS ARE CELEBRATING INSTEAD OF ASKING QUESTIONS AND CONDEMING ACT OF SABOTAGING EFFORTS OF LAST GOVT THAT INCREASED THE CAPACITY TO 6400MW YET NO IMPROVEMENT IN DISTRIBUTION BUT WITHOUT ANY IMPUT FROM THE PRESENT GOVT THERE IS AN IMPROVEMENT. WE ARE INDIRECTLY ENCOURAGING OPPOSITION TO SABOTAGE EFFORTS OF PRESENT GOVT TO SCORE POLITICAL POINTS. AFTERALL, WE KNOW THAT NO CONTRACT,NOR RE-SHUFFLEMENT, NO APPOINTMENT BUT HOW COME SUDDEN IMPROVEMENT? IT A CLEAR CASE OF SABOTAGE AND BAD PRECEDENT. WHEN TAMBUWA AND AMEACHI UNDERMINED THEIR PARTY SUPREMACY AND ZONING ARRANGEMENT, MIND U THE THEN OPPOSITION CALLED IT "VICTORY FOR DEMOCRACY", NOW THEIR OWN TURN( SARAKI AND DOGARA), THEY ARE CALLING PPL NAMES. IF THEY SABOTAGE THEIR EFFORTS ON DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS AND POLICIES, MASSES WILL STILL REMAIN AT RECEIVING END. OBJECTIVITY IS WHAT WE NEED ON NATIONAL ISSUES.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by DrMuzungu(m): 12:08am On Jun 29, 2015
In past 365 days, I had only around one hour downtime/power outage/darkness. Sorryooooooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by shevon: 12:08am On Jun 29, 2015
We never see light since Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Lucky4real28(m): 12:12am On Jun 29, 2015
about 14 hours where I stay here in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by adamskutty(m): 12:18am On Jun 29, 2015
Since the past 3 days there only took power supply for 5 minutes, 54 hrs of uninterrupted power supply, most times i forget whether i am in 9ja. grin I am damn serious.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by ceejay4real(m): 12:23am On Jun 29, 2015
Acidosis:
cool

No surprises. Since I moved in last year, power supply has remained constant (at least 17hours daily).

APC evil spirits only made the populace believe we all live in dungeons. Thank God the propaganda is over.

In short, the power situation has nothing to do with the Daura President.

U must be a Lunatic! Anuofia!

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by adamskutty(m): 12:23am On Jun 29, 2015
tohpahz:
Depends on what u term power..

If u mean nepa abi eedc.. 0hrs for the past 2months (don't mind d 0hrs)

If u mean rechargeable lamp..Then That's 3hrs at least.. (even fmc management opened their mouths to say They don't have money for diesel to fuel the generator, so i couldn't charge.. )

Can u beat that.. cry

Then if u mean sunlight.. nowadays even sunlight scarce angry

What can i do..
mehn! Village life isnt good at all. Daaamn! Are u sure that place is connected to the national grid? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by tundesto(m): 12:24am On Jun 29, 2015
Superb in Ado Ekiti. It has really improved from 0hr to about 19hours.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 29, 2015
firstEVA:
At least 18 hrs daily, Buhari is at the top of his game.

Power improved greatly for the past 2 weeks Did buhari build power plants to give his power in 2 weeks think think think.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 29, 2015
adekaz777:
U GUYS ARE CELEBRATING INSTEAD OF ASKING QUESTIONS AND CONDEMING ACT OF SABOTAGING EFFORTS OF LAST GOVT THAT INCREASED THE CAPACITY TO 6400MW YET NO IMPROVEMENT IN DISTRIBUTION BUT WITHOUT ANY IMPUT FROM THE PRESENT GOVT THERE IS AN IMPROVEMENT. WE ARE INDIRECTLY ENCOURAGING OPPOSITION TO SABOTAGE EFFORTS OF PRESENT GOVT TO SCORE POLITICAL POINTS. AFTERALL, WE KNOW THAT NO CONTRACT,NOR RE-SHUFFLEMENT, NO APPOINTMENT BUT HOW COME SUDDEN IMPROVEMENT? IT A CLEAR CASE OF SABOTAGE AND BAD PRECEDENT. WHEN TAMBUWA AND AMEACHI UNDERMINED THEIR PARTY SUPREMACY AND ZONING ARRANGEMENT, MIND U THE THEN OPPOSITION CALLED IT "VICTORY FOR DEMOCRACY", NOW THEIR OWN TURN( SARAKI AND DOGARA), THEY ARE CALLING PPL NAMES. IF THEY SABOTAGE THEIR EFFORTS ON DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS AND POLICIES, MASSES WILL STILL REMAIN AT RECEIVING END. OBJECTIVITY IS WHAT WE NEED ON NATIONAL ISSUES.

Press your caps lock and retype

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 29, 2015
LewisO:
Light ⚡ don tire me sef... I had to go and switch-off our area transformer. angry

Anybody wey say "Change" no good needs to be flogged.

did buhari build power plants to given us very stable power in 2 weeks?

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 29, 2015
New Haven Enugu state.
Walahi average of 23.5 hours per day.
Honor n praise should go to that silent hero that made this possible.
GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 29, 2015
bjt:
I will not believe in any perceived improvement in power until we get to the next dry season when kanji dam water is low and the transformers are hot grin

Even in rainy season, we have not had it this good in Nigeria for over 10 years.

Where I live in Enugu enjoys over 23 hours of light daily for 21 days now. The last time this happened was 2002...

Than has nothing to do with water levels, we now generate lots of power through gas turbines.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Godson1996: 12:43am On Jun 29, 2015
In my area in Port Harcourt, Mile 4 for the past 4 week. I have been receiving an average of 23 hours of electricity.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 29, 2015
2rutalk1:
So nobody is aware that it happens like this during rainy seasons every year. The dams are filled up, therefore generation capacity has increased. Between December and April you people will start crying again. I have never seen people that forget so easily like Nigerians

Nigerians have never enjoyed over 20 hours of power supply for the past 12 years. This ain't about water levels @ kanji dam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Secret Things You Don't Know About Wall Gecko Spiritually. / Dead Body Lying On Old Ota Road Alagbado (Photos) / VIO Official Attacks Man For Taking Pic Of Him Fighting Road User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.