Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

BVN Deadline Expires Tomorrow, As NIBSS Says No To Extension - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN Deadline Expires Tomorrow, As NIBSS Says No To Extension (463 Views)

BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday / CBN Says Account Holders Can Access Cash As BVN Deadline Ends Today / BVN Deadline: No Going Back-cbn – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN Deadline Expires Tomorrow, As NIBSS Says No To Extension by oatzeal(m): 6:57am On Jun 29, 2015
As the deadline given to Nigerians by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for the registration of the banks verification number (BVN) expires tomorrow Tuesday June 30, 2015, the Nigerian Inter Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) has stated that there is no plan to extend the registration.

Mr. Ade Shonubi, Managing Director of NIBSS, at the weekend, said in an interview with Daily Independent that the registration exercise will not be extended contrary to demand of some Nigerians.

His words:
"There is no going back on the deadline set for the exercise. As I am talking to you, banks are putting finishing touches to the registration. I am also hopeful that the target of 100 percent compliance will be met tomorrow. Just as most projects, you start slow but as time goes on, it picks up. The number of enrollment doubles every week. So, given the number of BVNs generated so far, I think June 30 is achievable".

He added that the feedback from the banks is very positive. "I think we should start by understanding why we are embarking on the BVN project, you will see that there is no way the banks would not be enthusiastic about it. When the BVN project was initiated, there were three key areas of focus.

Cc lalasticlala

Source: http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/06/bvn-deadline-expires-tomorrow-as-nibss.html

Re: BVN Deadline Expires Tomorrow, As NIBSS Says No To Extension by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:58am On Jun 29, 2015
Ok
Re: BVN Deadline Expires Tomorrow, As NIBSS Says No To Extension by Zaikon(m): 7:02am On Jun 29, 2015
hhmm dis is Nigeria.
Re: BVN Deadline Expires Tomorrow, As NIBSS Says No To Extension by innofyno(m): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2015
Yes to extention biko
Re: BVN Deadline Expires Tomorrow, As NIBSS Says No To Extension by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 29, 2015

(1) (Reply)

.... / 5 Easiest Way In Marketing Your Products. / Albino Snail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.